Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Suziki for that malcontent? LOL

Dream on CBJ fans. I expect the Jackets will get pennies on the dollar.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
PLD is hurting CBJ at this point. He’s trying to f*** them over.

In my opinion, this will backfire big time on PLD. I’m sure a lot of GMs aren’t very impressed with PLD’s lack of maturity as this point. This may push Bergevin away. He still probably has nightmares of trading Sergachev for TBL’s problem child, Drouin.

Hopefully everything gets resolved in the end, but PLD definitely lost a lot of points around the league IMO for how he’s been handling the situation.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
This is not on Torts. PLD wants to request a trade, not explain why, and then dog it on the ice this is what he gets.

Healthy scratch his ass for the rest of the season for all I care.
I agree. I understand he wants a trade but he’s still playing in Columbus and now looks to be ignoring his coach and just going out on the ice to do whatever out of spite. Now he’s just being selfish and hurting the rest of the team.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Hope a deal happens soon this is turning into a bit of a side show. PLD is playing like he doesn’t give a crap, Torts understandably is gonna bench him. Bad look for both sides

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
PLD is hurting CBJ at this point. He’s trying to f*** them over.

In my opinion, this will backfire big time on PLD. I’m sure a lot of GMs aren’t very impressed with PLD’s lack of maturity as this point. This may push Bergevin away. He still probably has nightmares of trading Sergachev for TBL’s problem child, Drouin.

Hopefully everything gets resolved in the end, but PLD definitely lost a lot of points around the league IMO for how he’s been handling the situation.

I don't think he's being malicious, there just aren't a lot of options from his standpoint. The report that Columbus might wait to see how their season goes before seriously engaging probably didn't help.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You've got to think this is a full blown Dubois vs. Tortorella feud playing out on the ice. Is it possible Tortorella's comments to the media were the last straw for Dubois?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Scratch him if he's going to play like a bum

You have got to pay your dues in this league. Part of why NHL players get guaranteed contracts that many many other professional athletes don't is the team control they give up after they're drafted. It's the nature of the business and I think it's a good model. PLD is not helping himself here at all.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I don't think he's being malicious, there just aren't a lot of options from his standpoint. The report that Columbus might wait to see how their season goes before seriously engaging probably didn't help.
His option was to not sign a contract that said he had to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets. The fact he did, and is now dogging it is 100% on him.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010

His option is to play the game he's being paid 5 mil a year to play. He claimed he was going to continue to be a model pro while the situation was resolved. He gave that up after 3 games??

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He’s not doing himself or Columbus any favours by pouting and not contributing to the team. Value is tanking.

PLD should visit a proctologist, to see if they can do something about removing his head from his own ass.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
His option was to not sign a contract that said he had to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets. The fact he did, and is now dogging it is 100% on him.
Its on him, but from what I remember is that the team wasn't surprised when his trade request became public. We don't really know how long he has wanted out. If he holds out on the contract he only hurts himself as the team doesn't appear to be in a hurry to trade him. This is really the best he can do to force a trade. He is risking his reputation though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
His option is to play the game he's being paid 5 mil a year to play. He claimed he was going to continue to be a model pro while the situation was resolved. He gave that up after 3 games??

I haven't paid a ton of attention but seems he gave it up before then even. Tough to blame him, being a model pro would've likely made his request less likely to be granted. An unfortunate system but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad