Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
What? lol ok umm no. That's a bit too much. Let's fix this:

1 of Sanderson/Norris, Brannstrom, 2021 1st (top 3 protected), 2nd 2021

I appreciate you're trying to be diplomatic and trying to meet people halfway, but how does it make sense to trade:

5th overall in this most recent draft
23pts in 27gp 21 year old AHL defenseman (on a stacked team granted, but also widely considered to be a very solid prospect)
1st round pick

for

3rd overall in 2016, 22 year old center, career best 61 points

Like are we saying that PLD has significantly exceeded the expectations of a 3rd overall pick from 2016? If we are: I disagree. If we are not, let's drop the names altogether and say:

5th overall
1st round pick (protected from top 3)
Solid Prospect - 23pts in 27gp 21 year old AHL defenseman

for

3rd overall

Do we at least agree that my strawman argument trade is heavily lopsided against the Sens? If so, then we can discuss whether PLD is truly exceeding expectations of a 3rd overall at this point since presumably the argument is that he has.

EDIT: My point in doing this is to illustrate that the pieces Sens are giving up in this case are very valuable. I think we are valuing Sanderson less than a 5th overall pick would normally be valued.

Reactions: JackieDaytona
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
This is the right kind of offer which means you are evil on both sides. Kakko is a polarizing player and all depends what you think of him.

CLB not getting a c back is biggest flaw in deal but better than 90+% of slop offers on here.

The problem there is there aren't many teams that can put together a package that would land PLD that have a center to move (at least without creating a hole).

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Sanderson + L.Brown + 1st is all I'd give up in terms of valuable assets, not a cent more.
He wants out, his value isn't as high as if it were to be if he wasn't.
Most teams can't match this package, because most teams aren't parting ways with their top-5 pick + a 1st which could end up being a top-5 pick.
Montreal isn't trading Suzuki, but they could put together a package including Kotkaniemi. That's the only other team I could see challenging Ottawa.

Edit: LA could also be interested; they have the young C's available to pull off a nice package.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Do you know that Colin white has negative value. That Brown has tiny value. That Brannstrom has never been worth less than he is today. And a pick several years from now.

have Donskoi, Bowers and Sampo Ranta and a 2023 1st for Chabot. You’ll see these are absurd offers. You can’t trade your underwhelming spare parts for a 22 year old 1C.

Chabot is signed long term and he hasn't asked to be traded, but nice try.

Reactions: Sens9292

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Sanderson + L.Brown + 1st is all I'd give up in terms of valuable assets, not a cent more.
He wants out, his value isn't as high as if it were to be if he wasn't.
Most teams can't match this package, because most teams aren't parting ways with their top-5 pick + a 1st which could end up being a top-5 pick.
Montreal isn't trading Suzuki, but they could put together a package including Kotkaniemi. That's the only other team I could see challenging Ottawa.

Edit: LA could also be interested; they have the young C's available to pull off a nice package.

I'd say this is where I'm at too. I'd consider Norris+1st too but would prefer your proposal.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Do you know that Colin white has negative value. That Brown has tiny value. That Brannstrom has never been worth less than he is today. And a pick several years from now.

have Donskoi, Bowers and Sampo Ranta and a 2023 1st for Chabot. You’ll see these are absurd offers. You can’t trade your underwhelming spare parts for a 22 year old 1C.

What are you babbling about? Your proposal was sanderson, Norris, Brannstrom and 2021 1st for PLD. White and Brown weren't in it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
100% and I know Holloway well. As a Habs fan, we were looking into him before the draft in depth. He's not a center at the NHL level IMO. Possible but not likely. He's a big winger that skates well and is physically strong.

It's the same as the Jets saying they found their center in Perfetti. You would be fighting trends on those C/Winger types.
Holloway is a Center that way Kunin is a Center. Can do it, but is better on the wing. If he is not playing Center full time in college and dominating there, then he likely won't be a Center in the NHL, and certainly not a top 6 C. Holloway is not one of those guys who will have a growth spurt and get much bigger or stronger, either. I would say that Perfetti is more likely to bulk up and play c in the NHL, though it is by no means certain.

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
One of the worst proposals I’ve ever seen at HF. Garbage.
Have two garbage forwards, one on a really awful contract and our underwhelming AHL level D prospect for your 1C.

let’s fix this.
Sanderson in for White.
Norris in for Brown.
2021 1st round pick unprotected for 2023 1st.

sanderson, Norris, Brannstrom and 2021 1st for PLD.

lol PLD is becoming extremely overrated lately

Reactions: Icelevel and branch

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Benched, sitting at the bench all game long, Dubois is once again checking the rumors of when hes gonna be sent to mtl on his ipad

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
:popcorn: Interesting

Attachments

• 45F71EC0-4D4A-439C-B3CE-3E9F1131F7DB.jpeg
    45F71EC0-4D4A-439C-B3CE-3E9F1131F7DB.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 10

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I was bullish on PLD and think he is a monster, but you have to simmer your expectations on a return if a guy is getting 0 PP time and 03:55 total ice time through 2 periods.

That’s brutal

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Maybe someone watching the game can comment, was he dogging it with early ice time? Injury?
Yes hes dogging it, slamming sticks when teammates miss passes, hanging out at the other end of the ice when he misses poke checks, not interested in defense at all. People are making this into a Torts issue because its easy but Dubois has turned from a great pro to a whiny bitch pretty quickly

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He's not getting traded to the Habs in-season with the 2 week quarantine and our tight cap situation right now.
2 week or not and im not just talking habs here. If the trades makes ur team better , u do the trade.

Edit : habs got like 2 games in 8 days after saturday , like it would be a big deal ( No i don't think habs are trading for him because Bergevin loves 2 much Phillip Dunno)

Reactions: Critical91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad