Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, not sure how this continues. He obviously doesn't want to be there and is letting it affect his game, and Torts is not one to sit idly by while that happens.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Figured this thread would be fire due to Torts just making this so much more difficult for the club lol

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Im really surprised at how CBJ is handling this.

Its like the coaches and players are trying to get the gm to make a move asap, along with dubois (see the clip above). It might get ugly there.

Probably not a good thing when it comes to the type of return cbj can get.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Its like the coaches and players are trying to get the gm to make a move asap, along with dubois (see the clip above). It might get ugly there.

Did you watch the clip above? This is self inflicted

Reactions: LoveCBJ

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Did you watch the clip above? This is self inflicted
Yeah, I saw the clip, but CBJ isnt exactly avoiding conflict with him. Starting with Torts comments a little while back.

Its a lot more contentious than I thought it was.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Man, that’s a tough look for Dubois. Literally just going through the motions.

As much as I didn’t enjoy Matt Duchene near the end of his Avs career, at least he showed up and went to work every day. He didn’t want to be there but he still played hard for almost 18 months before he was traded.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I get it. Players have been talked out of trade demands in the past and there's always some optimism you can just get through it for a bit. They need time on their side so it makes perfect sense to go this route.

But boy does he not want to be there. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it, I don't think it got this bad with even someone like ROR.

Oct 18, 2011
Exactly, If my top Centerman kept playing like that i'd blow a gasket as well. PLd being PLD saying get me the heck out of Columbus.
I don't even know why PLD signed his contract...that kinda stuff won't go over well in the lockerroom either...it's one thing to have a beef with management but that is separate from your coach and teammates and if you lose your teammates that's when it gets to be a real big problem

Reactions: Fro

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yeah, I saw the clip, but CBJ isnt exactly avoiding conflict with him. Starting with Torts comments a little while back.

Its a lot more contentious than I thought it was.
Because it came out that he wanted out and then apparently Torts called a meeting so that Dubois could clear the air, said it was true but then didn't tell ANYONE on the team why he wants out.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Just do what Yzerman did with Drouin and sit him/ don’t give in. Trading PLD right now is exactly what he wants, f*** him.

This is all well and good Lightning were already deep. Dubois was an integral reason why they have been consistent the past few years. Without a young borderline 1C, they are a much "different" team.

While I admire the concept, it could send CBJ into freefall.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't even know why PLD signed his contract...that kinda stuff won't go over well in the lockerroom either...it's one thing to have a beef with management but that is separate from your coach and teammates and if you lose your teammates that's when it gets to be a real big problem

I wondered why he did too but now I really see it, he took a lot of the leverage back and isn't losing out on any money. Its kind of brilliant, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad