Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | This wasn't what I meant by a balanced defense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Cullen has 11 points in 26 games since his return from injury, averaging almost 2 mins of PK time a game and getting only 9 mins 5v5 a game, while getting 85% Dzone starts.

He's been probably the best 4C in the NHL of late. Why would we ever consider sitting him, aside from resting him. Not based off performance.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Those are some bizarre lines.

Teddy B has been really good. he should be in over Simon at this point an while Wilson has played well lately for what he is, he shouldn't be playing over Teddy.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Blueger out is super dumb
Talk about accountability.. Then we can wonder about urgency... There are some vets playing horrible hockey right now. At least Kessel is demoted from the 1st PP unit and Hornqvist is on the 4th line... They are not gonna be benched.. But really, it should have been Simon benched. Or even Pearson.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
One of Sullivan’s greatest deficiencies is that he doesn’t trust young guys that he has never coached. He coached Rust, Guentzel, Sheary, Kuhn, etc. He trusted them. He never coached Sprong or Blueger (at least I don’t believe so), and he doesn’t play them even if they deserve spots in the lineup. It’s very frustrating. Very Bylsmagic of him.
he never coached Guentzel. Sully was already in Pittsburgh by the time Guentzel got to WBS.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
someone mentioned, Bjugs can do for Geno what rust does, --- no he can't, Bjugs can create some space when he has puck on the stick, but what I am afraid of is that line will never have the puck, unless they are playing exclusively with Tanger and that may be scary considering how pets loses his edge often and is not quite stalwarth on that blue line
That third line is ill concived, Simon should be with Sid or benched, the way he playing...none of these guys can carry the play...fourth line again we lose Teddy speed, and ability to hold onto the puck a little bit...sit Simon, put zhorny on third (just to have him for PP, that line is doomed anyways) and keep the fourth line together..

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
One of Sullivan’s greatest deficiencies is that he doesn’t trust young guys that he has never coached. He coached Rust, Guentzel, Sheary, Kuhn, etc. He trusted them. He never coached Sprong or Blueger (at least I don’t believe so), and he doesn’t play them even if they deserve spots in the lineup. It’s very frustrating. Very Bylsmagic of him.

Sully coached Sprong before he coached Guentzel.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Talk about accountability.. Then we can wonder about urgency... There are some vets playing horrible hockey right now. At least Kessel is demoted from the 1st PP unit and Hornqvist is on the 4th line... They are not gonna be benched.. But really, it should have been Simon benched. Or even Pearson.
Wilson. Bench Wilson, demote Simon, and see where we're at.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's like how some animals have colouration to show they're dangerous - Wilson posts dumb stuff to remind us he's dumb.

He may be even dumber than dropping Blueger.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
These lines are bullshit.

If they think two dmen on the PP does anything they are dumb as f***.

I'm seriously f***ing sick of this half ***ed garbage.

THIS is the extent of changes? Barely being a top 8 team this deep into a season full of f*** ups and this is where they think the issues are? These are the players dressed? In those positions?

It's amazing. f***.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I would of kept Teddy in the lineup and scratched Pearson.

I'v changed my opinion on Wilson, he plays every shift like its his last shift in the NHL, he also seems to get a lot of grade A chances for a player that plays on the 4th line with limited minutes.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Why on earth would they bench Blueger, this just beggars belief. Guy comes from the minors, scores two great goals and makes a beautiful assist at a time when the team really needs scoring from the bottom 6 and now there is no place for him? Wilson has been tolerable lately but he is extremely limited, the very definition of an energy guy who can't score in the NHL. Simon has been horrendous for a week or so. Why not try Blueger to see if he can keep producing? We could use that far more than the "energy" of the likes of Wilson or ZAR. This fourth line has like zero speed. Sure, Horny has been bad lately but he isn't likely to do much on that line even if he had been good.

I hope Geno is fired up and is not rushed back, we could sure use that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
someone mentioned, Bjugs can do for Geno what rust does, --- no he can't, Bjugs can create some space when he has puck on the stick, but what I am afraid of is that line will never have the puck, unless they are playing exclusively with Tanger and that may be scary considering how pets loses his edge often and is not quite stalwarth on that blue line
That third line is ill concived, Simon should be with Sid or benched, the way he playing...none of these guys can carry the play...fourth line again we lose Teddy speed, and ability to hold onto the puck a little bit...sit Simon, put zhorny on third (just to have him for PP, that line is doomed anyways) and keep the fourth line together..

Bjugs can be good with Geno, but putting him on his off wing with Kessel is a bit bizarre. Problem is we can't clone Rust, although it's looking like Hagelin still around vs Pearson would be nice. At the time, the trade was a win, but not so sure after the other deals.

Hags-Geno-Bjugs could have been interesting. Oh well.

I'd actually like to see Blueger tried up the lineup at LW. He's not as fast as Hags, but can back pressure really well and is more skilled.

Jake-Sid-Rust
Bluegs-Geno-Bjugs
Pearson-McCann-Kessel
Simon-Cullen-Horny

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why would Schultz be in a hitting jersey if he were not ready?

Are they delaying his return to not hurt Johnson's feelings?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I dont understand. Blueger not starting is a joke, he has had a positive impact and has contributed in pretty much every game he has played. What is he supposed to do to convince the coach, score a hattrick every game while playing 9 minutes?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Bjugs can be good with Geno, but putting him on his off wing with Kessel is a bit bizarre. Problem is we can't clone Rust, although it's looking like Hagelin still around vs Pearson would be nice. At the time, the trade was a win, but not so sure after the other deals.

Hags-Geno-Bjugs could have been interesting. Oh well.

I feel like they should actually keep Bjugstad with Crosby for more than 10 minutes and just keep Rust-Malkin-Hornqvist together. That requires Sullivan to be patient with his lines though, and good luck convincing him to do that.

So they're not moving Bjugstad to LW, they're moving Kessel to LW. That's much better, definitely a good decision.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I dont understand. Blueger not starting is a joke, he has had a positive impact and has contributed in pretty much every game he has played. What is he supposed to do to convince the coach, score a hattrick every game while playing 9 minutes?
I'm hoping it's a short term numbers game situation like we had with Guentzel after his first stint up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad