Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | This wasn't what I meant by a balanced defense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
From the trade thread:

To me it sounds like when you integrate into a group of friends that have known each other way longer so even though your part of the group now, you always feel like an outsider, especially when anything from the past is ever referenced.

Reactions: EightyOne

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Been out of the loop for a couple days. Did the group have any closed door meetings or anything about their effort? Or has there really been no news?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Been out of the loop for a couple days. Did the group have any closed door meetings or anything about their effort? Or has there really been no news?

Apparently, if we were to read between the lines, the group had a closed door meeting but made Brassard stand outside and hold everyone's coats while it was going on.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Lol the picture.

qdL34WW.jpg
:laugh:
Are they saying odd man breaks or JMFJ? Or are they about to score a shorty? I can't argue against any of that.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Except:

Dmen can't breakout pass with regularity

Forwards are confused in NZ

Forecheck is a two step behind joke and has won like five puck battles all year

Otherwise, yeah, sure, let's shoot the puck.
That was part of my point. On the breakout it seems (especially the bottom pairing) they either only look for the stretch or are holding onto the puck for far too long, and end up with weak back hands up the boards. Rather than if there is no clean breakout then just make the simple play and clear the zone...but for Christ sake don’t ice it either. Just a soft clear is all that’s needed.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
:laugh:
Are they saying odd man breaks or JMFJ? Or are they about to score a shorty? I can't argue against any of that.
A lot about JJ being absolute ass. Then about how the Pens brass think he's useful. Which is a scary thought. All metrics and eye tests show Johnson is hot f***ing garbage. But the team likes him.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm glad JS isn't rushing back for the Tampa game(from the sounds of things) with the way they played us in PIT(trying to run us out of the rink).
If he's ready to go vs PHI, get him the hell in there!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So point wise tonight, for the only scheduled game, I have to root for the rangers to take the canes in regulation.

Canes are 3pts back and rangers are 9pts back.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Kovalev was one of my fav Penguins, him and Kasparaitis were two of the guys that I wish retired as Penguins.

Many summer street hockey goals from my childhood were accompanied by "Penguins goal!-a wicked wrister by alexei kovaleeeeevvvvv!"

Edit: in my garage still...this is how you know you played a lot of street hockey. Lol. You can really f***ing fling a puck though when the blade is worn like this:

20190208_163204.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
And then a car hit him and a weight machine fell on him, then while helping him, you kicked him in the eye and broke his orbital bone.

It's a violent sport for violent gentlemen....or something like that.

You ever pull up a sewer grate in 103*F weather, jump five feet down into the moist grass clippings and lawn sprinkler runoff to retrieve the last street puck you had that went into gutter? I have. We lost a lot of good men down there.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I think he’s in that “warrior video”.

ahaha I remember hating on Warrior as some sort of stupid upstart garbage that would fade out after they bought Innovated Hockey and broke into hockey in 2005.

Whelp. f***ed up on that one too. I still don't use their products for literally no logical reason haha.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I'm surprised that the tone tends to be that McCann is going to be the 3C when everyone is healthy, not Bjugstad. I feel like Bjugstad should definitely stick at center, but it seems like the Penguins may not agree.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It's a violent sport for violent gentlemen....or something like that.

You ever pull up a sewer grate in 103*F weather, jump five feet down into the moist grass clippings and lawn sprinkler runoff to retrieve the last street puck you had that went into gutter? I have. We lost a lot of good men down there.
8df21e01-d215-4d24-b55e-68592e5660d8_text.gif

I miss Kovy, was such a fun player to watch

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
From the GDT

Well, we definitely disagree. I think the middle 6 is in disarray and not nearly good or cohesive enough to seriously compete. And that's not even touching the bottom 2 defense pairings.
Third line has a goal 2 games in a row now, right? I think McCann is going to be a really good pickup for us.
It's been alright. I mean, we're still losing those games fairy frequently and definitively, like on the West Coast road trip.
Islanders: Split 2-1-1
Washingtion: Lead 2-1
Columbus: Lead 1-0
Tampa: down 1-2
Toronto: down 1-2
Montreal: down 0-1-1
Boston: Split 1-0-1

Against the west we are down 0-1 to the Sharks, Split 1-1 with Vegas, and are leading every other western playoff team.

So it's not amazing against the east, but it's very good vs the west. And overall we're still 8-7-3 against the eastern playoff teams. Not ideal, but we're certainly competitive with those teams.

Reactions: Peat

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
From the GDT

Third line has a goal 2 games in a row now, right? I think McCann is going to be a really good pickup for us.

Islanders: Split 2-1-1
Washingtion: Lead 2-1
Columbus: Lead 1-0
Tampa: down 1-2
Toronto: down 1-2
Montreal: down 0-1-1
Boston: Split 1-0-1

Against the west we are down 0-1 to the Sharks, Split 1-1 with Vegas, and are leading every other western playoff team.

So it's not amazing against the east, but it's very good vs the west. And overall we're still 8-7-3 against the eastern playoff teams. Not ideal, but we're certainly competitive with those teams.

Yea.. that’s not very good at all to be honest. Completely average like the rest of the Penguins stats this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad