Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | This wasn't what I meant by a balanced defense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Montreal is a potential four point swing. So, it is much different. Desmith also hasn’t played a game without giving up 3+ goals since 12/31.

And if you stack the seck against Buffalo get your 2 the Montral game is less important.

There is no right or wrong answer.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I think its a fair bit more important to stop Montreal getting points than Buffalo.

Its not about stopping Montreal its about acquiring the points WE need. Stacking the deck against the worse team allows you a good chance to secure 2 and go from there.

If you go DeSmith tonight you open up a bigger oppurtunity to blow the easier 2 and now your in a coin flip to get anything out of the weekend.

Im not saying its the right way but theyre is obviously an argument.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sullivan has not handled the goaltending situation particularly well this year. We're in the home stretch here. Murray's gotta play and figure it out. He hasn't been horrible, so it's not like it's a big ask of Sullivan to trust the guy that got you two Cups.

Reactions: tom_servo

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I'm pretty vanilla. I mean, I'm pale. Like a ghost. A ghost-face killer, if you will.
main-qimg-bd373593686e8c6c0828ff3808a77bcc.webp

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just wanna say, I think we glossed over this Mike Myers being funny thing a little too nonchalantly. We all agree that Wayne's World and Austin Powers are funny, right?

I mean, it obviously wasnt' a suggestion that Seinfeld or Monty Python were unfunny, right? I mean it would be silly to say Mike Myers isn't funny, but it would be a blatant lie to say the same of Seinfeld or Monty Python.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I just wanna say, I think we glossed over this Mike Myers being funny thing a little too nonchalantly. We all agree that Wayne's World and Austin Powers are funny, right?

I mean, it obviously wasnt' a suggestion that Seinfeld or Monty Python were unfunny, right? I mean it would be silly to say Mike Myers isn't funny, but it would be a blatant lie to say the same of Seinfeld or Monty Python.
I don't think Myers' shit is aging too well though but maybe it's just me.

Back then it was the thing, sure, but it seems Seinfeld and especially Monty Python is ageless, not depending on an era's POV as much.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think Myers' **** is aging too well though but maybe it's just me.

Back then it was the thing, sure, but it seems Seinfeld and especially Monty Python is ageless, not depending on an era's POV as much.
Wayne's World and Austin Powers 1 and 2 are both still hilarious imo. And the first 2 Shrek's.

The gun rack scene from Wayne's World will never stop being funny.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Seinfeld, Monte Python and Mike Myers are like the Skechers of comedy.

Pun intended.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Wayne's World and Austin Powers 1 and 2 are both still hilarious imo. And the first 2 Shrek's.

The gun rack scene from Wayne's World will never stop being funny.
Wayne's World is more of a lost era's testament to me, take the colorful old TV Batman series for instance, i like it for what it was, taken into context, not what it is or would be for a new audience.

As for Shrek...
latest

Agreed!:thumbu:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Wayne's World is more of a lost era's testament to me, take the colorful old TV Batman series for instance, i like it for what it was, taken into context, not what it is or would be for a new audience.

As for Shrek...
latest

Agreed!:thumbu:
I'll be honest, I don't care what Wayne's World is for people that aren't me :laugh: Others can be wrong if they want :nod:

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My life is full of laughs, especially when people tell me Seinfeld and Monte Python are funny.
I legitimately am baffled any time I learn someone doesn't find Monty Python funny. Like, Seinfeld is weird, I guess I can get not finding it funny. But I just have to assume there's something wrong with someone who doesn't like Monty Python. They just made so much absolutely hilarious stuff. I feel bad that you seem to be broken.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I legitimately am baffled any time I learn someone doesn't find Monty Python funny. Like, Seinfeld is weird I guess. But I just have to assume there's something wrong with someone who doesn't like Monty Python. They just made so much absolutely hilarious stuff. I feel bad that you seem to be broken.

My uncle was the weirdest dude I ever knew, and he loved Monte Python.

I’m just not into dry, weird humor.

Of course, if you really want me to suffer force me to watch Japanese Anime... why the f***...?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My uncle was the weirdest dude I ever knew, and he loved Monte Python.

I’m just not into dry, weird humor.

Of course, if you really want me to suffer force me to watch Japanese Anime... why the ****...?

We can at least agree that Dumb and Dumber is hilarious, right? There's got to be common ground somewhere.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Since we're close to the limit and the thread has veered waaaaaaaay off topic, I've started a new thread here for those who want to discuss practice and other random Penguins things. If you would like to continue the comedy discussion, please take it to either the Movies thraed or the OT thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->