Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | This wasn't what I meant by a balanced defense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

I kid...I'm not that down on Sullivan. And at least the guys coming into the lineup at Blueger's expense do have skill.

Simon is producing around the same rate Teddy did over 9 games or so in 50 games this year. Is that not skill?

Pearson was a crucial part of a Stanley Cup winner ‘s 2nd line a few years ago and averages around 40 pts a year and has term on his contract is that not skill?

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not to beat a dead horse but Simon has also played in the top six at times. Blueger has not as far as I know.

Neat. Teddy also has the advantage of an extremely small sample size. Simon has 36 points in 88 games for a .41PPG pace.

Were you the one complaining about Sullivan not playing the young players by choosing to play Simon over Teddy even though Simon is younger than Bluegs?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Neat. Teddy also has the advantage of an extremely small sample size. Simon has 36 points in 88 games for a .41PPG pace.

Were you the one complaining about Sullivan not playing the young players by choosing to play Simon over Teddy even though Simon is younger than Bluegs?

No, my point is we have a guy who was scoring goals and we took him out. Then we have two other players not producing any offense in the past 10 or so games, and we put them both in at the expense of the guy who has been scoring.

I'm not saying keep Blueger in and never take him out, I'm saying it's premature to take him out after two games without a point or whatever it was. Give him at least a few more to see if you can keep getting offense out of him.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
To me its no Simon vs Blueger its Pearson vs Bleuger

To me it's the opposite. IMO, it comes down to whether the offense Simon creates is more advantageous than the more solid defense (but less offense) Blueger brings.

I think Pearson, given a combination of factors -- experience, contract, proven resume -- should be a mainstay. But that last spot should be between whichever the club thinks will help them more.

IMO, given this team's ... err ... questionable commitment to defense, I'd rather have Blueger in over Simon because he has a defensive dimension that Simon doesn't, while also being solid offensively.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Had a feeling this was coming. This is Sully's "break glass in case of emergency" move, because he knows it works, even if it's just for stretches.

Reactions: Andy99

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yes, Horny definitely deserves promotion. Wow. Right now, it´s a fantastic battle between him and Phil for who is worse. But seriously, if Horny is useless on this line, then what do they do with him and his contract?

Reactions: ncm7772

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Oh great... Sid will skate off the ice the first time Horny makes a bad play.

And yet, Crosby is 30 (!) points behind the leader on the scoreboard despite being the number 1 guy on his team and given the best wingers and d-men available to him along with all the opportunities and ice time.

He's. Not. Been. Good. Enough.

This is worriesome for the Pens. Because him and his line are the only ones who can really get something done. And they can't get it done enough.

Reactions: DegenX

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yes, Horny definitely deserves promotion. Wow. Right now, it´s a fantastic battle between him and Phil for who is worse. But seriously, if Horny is useless on this line, then what do they do with him and his contract?
Not judge him by a 15 game stretch?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And yet, Crosby is 30 (!) points behind the leader on the scoreboard despite being the number 1 guy on his team and given the best wingers and d-men available to him along with all the opportunities and ice time.

He's. Not. Been. Good. Enough.

This is worriesome for the Pens. Because him and his line are the only ones who can really get something done. And they can't get it done enough.

Meh i'd argue this. If you don't think Tampa would trade everything they have right now for our 3 cups, you are crazy. Kuch would gladly trade places with Sid if it meant CS instead of totaling points.

Tampa will be the most pressured team to get it done this year. And if they don't... woooooooo baby. If you think Pens fans were mad after 2013. Get ready.

Reactions: ncm7772

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Meh i'd argue this. If you don't think Tampa would trade everything they have right now for our 3 cups, you are crazy. Kuch would gladly trade places with Sid if it meant CS instead of totaling points.

Tampa will be the most pressured team to get it done this year. And if they don't... woooooooo baby. If you think Pens fans were mad after 2013. Get ready.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about this season and what is needed for us to win. I don't care about Art Ross, simply stating that Crosby, the only guy really able to produce this year by the looks of it, isn't even close to others in this league. And this team with the way constructed, lives and dies by his and his line's ability to produce. And that production is nothing out of the ordinary. Far behind the currently best of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad