Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Ruhwedel to W-B/S for Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
And we are 11-4-2 in those games right?

What’s the issue? Outside of Rutherford talking out of his ass per usual.

Two issues.

Issue One - We're looking for ways to sustain that and one of the obvious places to look is the 3C who isn't producing much and is getting lit up when on the ice.

Issue Two - As long as Brassard is underperforming as 3C, the question of whether his trade value exceeds his on ice value gets louder.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Two issues.

Issue One - We're looking for ways to sustain that and one of the obvious places to look is the 3C who isn't producing much and is getting lit up when on the ice.

Issue Two - As long as Brassard is underperforming as 3C, the question of whether his trade value exceeds his on ice value gets louder.
here's hoping today was a step towards him producing how we hope he can.

Reactions: Peat

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
oh snap we've finally climbed to where even if we weren't 3rd in the division we'd be in a wild card spot over an atlantic team. Go Pens.

also holy shit Tampa.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Seems like a good thread to ask this in.
Mears/Errey were talking about Sid playing in a Xmas break charity game.
I've tried to search google, twitter and found zero info on it which was weird.
Think they called it the "Generation Cup" or something?
I was just curious about it/wanted to know who it was for/who played in it, etc.
If any of y'all have any info on it, please share. Thanks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think this is fair, but I feel like this is another Washington Capitals scenario. They can't just keep losing in the playoffs with that caliber of roster, right? That roster is obscene literally everywhere.

I foresee a Caps-TB ECF again this year with, hopefully, TB pulling it out (assuming the Pens aren’t there, I know)....but I can easily see the Caps making it to the SCF again...they really aren’t as far behind TB roster wise as people think...

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I'm watching Elite League UK hockey. My eyes are sore looking at the ice, it is 80% covered in adverts.

I presume I should support Sheffield as they are [were] the Steel City.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So Horny with another puck to the head...dammit if that guy isn’t having the worst luck this year....

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
In addition to making the Final in '15, Tampa blew 3-2 leads in the ECF in '16 and '18. They easily could have 2 or 3 Cups by now. Crazy how thin the margins are.

I wouldn’t say 2 or 3 easily. 2015 they made it and lost. The other 2 even if they’d made it still have to win a series against the best team in the west.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I wouldn’t say 2 or 3 easily. 2015 they made it and lost. The other 2 even if they’d made it still have to win a series against the best team in the west.
Well yeah, but they would have had at least a 50% chance probably. Sharks would have been a close series but I think they would have steamrolled Vegas.

Anyway point is they're really f***in good!

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think this is fair, but I feel like this is another Washington Capitals scenario. They can't just keep losing in the playoffs with that caliber of roster, right? That roster is obscene literally everywhere.

1SCF
3ECFs

Is nothing to shake your head at.

They did get to an ECF with no Stamkos.

I don't get why people rag on the Lightning and their supposed playoff "chokes"

3 ECFs in 4 seasons...

They've been to the ECF every time they made the playoffs since 2015. Only reason they missed the playoffs in 2017 was because of horrible injuries. They'd probably go deep again.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad