All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Even if Samoa Joe's WWE run was underwhelming g given his ability, I'm glad that he didn't go to WWE ten years earlier and inevitably end up as Umaga.

Reactions: Kaner9

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Only a matter of time before Peyton Royce is in AEW with Spears being there

I think she might have trouble standing out there. She's not know for taking bumps and has way too much a "model" like appearance. I always thought she should try to get some more muscle to look more credible but it seemed that she got skinnier.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
But they have excellent charisma. I'm not sure why WWE breaks up tag teams and does nothing with them as singles.
Well you see, they had this tag team in the 80's called the Rockers. They decided to break them up and push this guy named Shawn Michaels. It went right to the moon. Vince has been chasing that for the last 30 years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave write in the observer that there’s rumors of more cuts coming to NXT as well.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Well you see, they had this tag team in the 80's called the Rockers. They decided to break them up and push this guy named Shawn Michaels. It went right to the moon. Vince has been chasing that for the last 30 years.

Yeah but they did something with one of the Rockers after the break up. They did almost nothing with Royce and Billie Kay after the break up. So what was the point?

Other tag team break ups that led to nothing:
Harry Smith and Tyson Kidd
The Basham Brothers
Cryme Tyme

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
In case anybody missed Hardcore Justice 2021 (I’m sure we all did):

Petey Williams is back with his dope Canadian anthem entrance music

Jazz fought for the belt and retired. Yes, that Jazz

they also have 45 year old Johnny Swinger, hadn’t heard that name in awhile

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
In case anybody missed Hardcore Justice 2021 (I’m sure we all did):

Petey Williams is back with his dope Canadian anthem entrance music

Jazz fought for the belt and retired. Yes, that Jazz

they also have 45 year old Johnny Swinger, hadn’t heard that name in awhile

That's good about Williams. He is Canada's enforcer.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I missed this but Davey Richards is coming back. That’s pretty cool. I’m a big fan, even if almost murdered Paul London that one time (worst botch I think I’ve seen)

Reactions: DaaaaB's

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Well - he asked. :laugh:

EzLXD7HUUAgkWaR

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Well - he asked. :laugh:

EzLXD7HUUAgkWaR
Ryback debuted in an era when I was not watching. I would still read various wrestling blogs and had the impression he was another musclehead that Vince wanted to ram down everyone's throats. If that was an accurate perception this poll result is not a surprise.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Even if Samoa Joe's WWE run was underwhelming g given his ability, I'm glad that he didn't go to WWE ten years earlier and inevitably end up as Umaga.

This is true. I remember thinking around 2005-2006, that if Joe went to WWE, they'd give him some kind of fat guy gimmick.

He signed at the perfect time in 2015 when WWE started acknowledging wrestlers' pasts. In fact, Joe may have been the first guy post-Monday Night Wars to be able to use his pre-WWE name.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
lol Ryback is always done with wrestling. Also Ryback can never go without talking about wrestling and putting his foot in his mouth. Bruh why put a retire option in the poll :laugh:

Reactions: CDJ and GKJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You know I kinda liked heel Bo Dallas and thought he should have gotten more run on the midcard

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
re: Peacock removing controversial content. WWE Network is doing the same internationally, presumably to make things more seamless if they sell off to other countries. Anyways, the DX segment mocking the Corporation with black face got removed (understandably so). One assume the Nation mockery was as well, but I had watched that RAW before it was.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Bo-lieve gimmick was so good. I don't know why they abandoned that.

If I recall correctly, the problem was that Vince didn't get it. Pretty disappointing as it was entertaining despite the low ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad