All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
William Shatner's going to the WWE HOF. I...can't...wait for the...speech.

It won't be very long. :(

from today's pwinsider.com:

When WWE taped the WWE Hall of Fame proceedings last week, they were different from any previous HOF presentation in that there were no official inductors for the Hall of Fame inductees. PWInsider.com is told that in many, if not all cases, WWE ran a video package for each inductee then introduced them to give a speech accepting the honor.

Due to the sheer amount of talents involved this year with the company inducting the 2020 and 2021 Classes, the speeches were kept to a very brief minimum, in some cases as short as 4-5 minutes. We are told that for speeches that ran long, there will likely be editing involved.

Jushin Liger was not in attendance and accepted via video.

William Shatner is considered part of the 2020 Class, which had not announced an official Celebrity inductee last year before it was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would bet Mexico but who knows

WWE completely botched the guy so I hope he gets another chance on TV, I’d like him to go to AEW but that roster is already huge as is

AEW would make room for him. I don't think he'll go back full time to Mexico

Reactions: CDJ

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
It won't be very long. :(

from today's pwinsider.com:

When WWE taped the WWE Hall of Fame proceedings last week, they were different from any previous HOF presentation in that there were no official inductors for the Hall of Fame inductees. PWInsider.com is told that in many, if not all cases, WWE ran a video package for each inductee then introduced them to give a speech accepting the honor.

Due to the sheer amount of talents involved this year with the company inducting the 2020 and 2021 Classes, the speeches were kept to a very brief minimum, in some cases as short as 4-5 minutes. We are told that for speeches that ran long, there will likely be editing involved.

Jushin Liger was not in attendance and accepted via video.

William Shatner is considered part of the 2020 Class, which had not announced an official Celebrity inductee last year before it was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I watched a bit, it just felt weird, and really none of the speeches had that emotional heart beat like we've seen before. Losing the inductors was strange, mainly because you always got interesting stories, look at Austin inducting Hart. Also there was heavy speech editing going on. Molly redid her whole speech that she practiced in front of her family. The WWE cut out most of the middle of her speech. The Bella's speech was just weird. Bish's speech was interesting but could have been so much more.

Davey came straight from his pimp mobile to do his weirdness.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean unless you don’t plan on using Joe at least send him to NXT.
It said they came to terms on release with him so sounds like he wanted to go. It’s possible they weren’t going to clear him.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Joe, the IIconics and Bo Dallas are all people who could be booked and used well to be decent pieces in a fed. It's too bad, but I don't think any are big losses to WWE and their roster of 3500 wrestlers.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I would love to see some of the released talent go AEW and actually get a chance to wrestle.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Samoa Joe’s early days in TNA were amazing

hopefully he’s healthy and pops back up in AEW

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
But they have excellent charisma. I'm not sure why WWE breaks up tag teams and does nothing with them as singles.
They were EXACTLY what the women’s division needed to establish a tag division. They were so easy to hate, then they split them up and buried Billie Kaye, and eventually tried to forced Royce into an awkward tag team with Lacey

atrocious booking. They took something that was working very well, changed it, and instead of adjusting they just cut the wrestlers trying to make it work

don’t get me started on Joe

Reactions: Guardian17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad