All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Looks like AEW won the Wednesday Night Wars with NXT.

from pwinsider.com:

PWInsider.com has heard from multiple sources this morning that WWE's production schedule for the month of April now lists WWE NXT for Tuesdays every week post Wrestlemania weekend.

The first episode will be Tuesday 4/13 following Wrestlemania 37 and every Tuesday thereafter, NXT will air the night after Raw.

Unless there are plans to run a replay the day after, the move effectively leaves AEW Dynamite alone on Wednesdays, so it will be interesting to track what the viewing patterns for each show will be once they separate.

This move would put Impact Wrestling opposite WWE NXT, so expect AXS TV to shift Impact programming to Thursdays so that series remains unopposed.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Reminds of the old days when there'd (almost) be a show every night of the week. Circa 2000, something like:

Monday: Raw/Nitro
Wednesday: Thunder
Thursday: Smackdown
Friday: ECW on TNN
Saturday: WCW Saturday Night
Sunday: Heat

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Oh you didn't know you were having a heart attack?
Your ass better call somebody.

Reactions: Kaner9

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I can't seem to find anything about Lesnar's potential involvement at WrestleMania. Is he not expected to be in it now? I find that odd but I've been out of the loop a bit lately.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
WWE finally aired the second episode of their Icons series last night on Beth Phoenix. It was well done. I guess - at least according to RVD who is getting one as well - the WWE were pretty good about letting the talent be part of the process of making it and letting them say what they want.

Reactions: Kaner9

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
He made select appearances before Corona. Now he would have to quarantine for a week (used to be two) every time he wanted to go home. It's a major factor.

Have you heard that this is the major issue or are you just assuming? I know Lesnar is a very private, secluded guy and seems like a guy that wouldn't want to bother with the whole quarantine thing.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Charly Caruso is leaving the WWE.

ESPN made it official today:

Multi-platform host and reporter Charly Arnolt will be joining ESPN on a full-time basis beginning in early April as part of a new, multi-year contract extension with the network. Arnolt – who recently launched the weekly ESPN Podcast First Take, Her Take alongside Kimberley A. Martin and Chiney Ogwumike – will continue to have a significant role across many of the network’s other signature brands as well.

In addition to First Take, Her Take, Arnolt will continue to contribute to select editions of ESPN’s morning debate show First Take and the network’s signature news and information show, SportsCenter. Arnolt will regularly appear on ESPN+’s weekday morning show, SportsNation along with other digital shows across the industry-leading sports streaming service as well.

“It is so incredibly exciting to become a full-time member of the ESPN family,” said Arnolt. “I look forward to continuing to grow with such a talented group of professionals and I can’t wait for all the opportunities that lie ahead.”

David Roberts, ESPN senior vice president, production, added, “From radio and podcasts to TV and streaming, Charly continues to thrive across any platform she pursues. We are excited to have her join ESPN full time and interact with fans even more regularly across the network.”

Arnolt joined ESPN in Sept. 2018 hosting select editions of First Take, SportsCenter updates and SportsCenter on Snapchat. She first gained attention nationally as host and backstage interviewer Charly Caruso, with the WWE.

Originally from Indianapolis, Arnolt’s extensive broadcasting career has also included co-hosting nationally syndicated radio shows and a self-created web series as well as several years as an anchor on local FOX, CBS and NBC affiliates across Indiana, Missouri and West Virginia covering the NFL, NBA, IndyCar and a variety of college sports. Arnolt graduated summa cum laude in broadcast journalism from American University.

It would have been nice if she thanked me for picking her in our last rasslin' draft. :(

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003

Apparently the backstory is Jericho texted Austin after he interviewed Taker and said how much he enjoyed it. Austin texted Vince and said he wanted to have Jericho on. Vince just said go ahead. Austin called a few days later and was like..."uh......are you sure?" and Vince said to go ahead.

Basically, anything can happen in WWE because Vince can be in any kind of mood at any given time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Austin isn't no carny either, he's not gonna pretend the elephant isn't in the room.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Whoa that is huge! Legit excited for that.

I find it odd that Mysterio isn't on the WrestleMania card. He's in the tag title match next week on Smackdown. Why not just put that on Smackdown. Give Rey and Dominik a nice moment. It's not like the card is stacked.

Reactions: Kaner9 and CDJ

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Im gonna be there for Austin interviewing Jericho and all that Wwe talk :naughty:

Does anyone know where Andrade is going to end up? Any rumors of Charlo leaving too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad