All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
EC3 posted a photo on Instagram of him in a hospital bed, he’s got some infection that’s bad him there for a few days

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I missed this but Davey Richards is coming back. That’s pretty cool. I’m a big fan, even if almost murdered Paul London that one time (worst botch I think I’ve seen)
Huge fan as well, Davey has wrestled some incredible matches in the Indies and Japan, hopefully he doesn’t go the Eddie Edwards route tho.

Reactions: CDJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
GIMMIE an R.......GIMMIE an E........GIMMIE a T........GIMMIE an I.......GIMMIE another R.......GIMMIE another E.

kenny_by_prowrestlingrenders_ddu6wpt-350t.png

from wrestlingrumours.com:

Former WWE star and former Tag Team Champion Ken Doane, better known as Kenny from the Spirit Squad, has announced that he has retired from wrestling. Doane, 35, said in a tweet that he has made some smart investments and is able to leave wrestling and be with his family. After wrestling for WWE from 2004-2008, Doane wrestled on the independent circuit and wrestled for Ring of Honor and Major League Wrestling, mainly as part of the Spirit Squad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since he's only 35 I'm guessing that he's got at least 3 or 4 " comebacks " down the road. :nod:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I remember in like 2005, everyone saying Ken Doane was going to be a star.

He was so good in OVW it's just sad how much the WWE screwed up his career with that horrid Spirit Squad crap. Even in their primes guys like Flair, Bret Hart, Austin or Savage would have fizzled out with that gimmick. :thumbd:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Wasn't Kenny the one they tried to push as someone who wasn't repackaged?

His " look " pretty much stayed the same but otherwise he was definitely repackaged. You should check out some of his OVW stuff:

vs Brent Albright ( September 2005 )

vs Bobby Lashley ( November 2005)

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Kenny wasn't really repackaged. I mean, he switched to tights and added the last name Doane. Otherwise, he was presented as Kenny from the Spirit Squad breaking away. They did not hide it.

Spirit Squad wasn't even that bad. Doan was just exposed to me as having no charisma or umph behind him. Just a guy who was okay in ring and had a nice guillotine leg drop.

Mikey was the true star of the Spirit Squad.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Spirit Squad wasn't even that bad.

Talent wise they were actually pretty good - it's how they were used in the WWE that killed off any heat they had. That whole " putting them into a box and sending them back to OVW " angle was one of the worst burying jobs that Michaels and HHH ever did.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Talent wise they were actually pretty good - it's how they were used in the WWE that killed off any heat they had. That whole " putting them into a box and sending them back to OVW " angle was one of the worst burying jobs that Michaels and HHH ever did.

Yeah that instance was not good. I think talent wise most members were okay to decent in-ring, but I highly doubt any of them would set the world on fire. I find the badness of the idea behind the Spirit Squad to be often quite overblown. If Dolph can shake it off, surely Flair, Hart, Austin or Savage would easily be able to too. It got heat and at times they were shown to be a credible threat, though not a huge one. A good faction of low card guys who can ban together to be something more.

Is it corny? Definitely. I enjoyed it for what it was though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE laid off other people in talent relations as well so I think part of this is just WWE trying to make themselves look good for something they had already decided to do considering how much heat they get for releasing talent due to supposed budget cuts.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Dave wasn't even the first to report it either, but if it wasn't for saying that next part it wouldn't be a thing.

Wait. Is she off tv starting now? Because it’s pretty obvious when she returned two weeks ago something had changed about her jaw.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wait. Is she off tv starting now? Because it’s pretty obvious when she returned two weeks ago something had changed about her jaw.
She was kayfabe suspended so she would get written off. I thought the same thing but I thought that’s just how she looked, and maybe she lost some weight because of covid. But supposedly dental work is the reason, Dave wasn’t the only one, or first one, reporting that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I agree but he's just an employee and I don't think that alone is fireable. And it probably wasn't that alone.
It doesn’t sound like he’s a popular guy so maybe he had it coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->