All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Regal made no announcement about moving to Tuesday, instead Takeover Stand & Deliver will take place on two nights on April 7th and 8th, with the second night airing on Peacock.

I don't think the Tuesday move was rumored to his announcement was it? I saw the rumor of the womens tag belts but I thought the tuesday thing wasn't expected to be rolled out til around WM

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Again, tag belts are a damn bad idea. They've already in one night completely devalued them.
It also removes a mechanism to bring other main roster women back to pop a rating.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think the Tuesday move was rumored to his announcement was it? I saw the rumor of the womens tag belts but I thought the tuesday thing wasn't expected to be rolled out til around WM

I don’t think it was supposed to be, I still bet the switch happens come NHL Playoff szn

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's also like... no tag teams. They're always randomly tossed together.
Well they just had a whole tournament, so they have teams, but do they have the air time for all of them? NXT has 6 titles for a 2-hour show now, Raw has 5 for a 3-hour show if you include women’s tag who do both shows. I felt one of the appeals to the one women’s tag titles they had is how much more you could do with them going to all 3 brands, but they also never booked them where NXT women were in on the booking, just that they felt they had to and in order to stop it they had to create more titles, plus if they’re moving to Tuesday’s they don’t feel they need that mechanism to pop a rating to try and beat AEW. More proof that’s what this was all ever about and not just doing the best storylines you could.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Asuka still has a concussion. This is spoiling Charlotte's Wrestlemania Plan B, and they were hoping to use Ric Flair for the build, but they haven't been able to do anything.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
probably would have to make assurances he’s going to Mexico and not AEW in order to get his release
It's basically New Japan or nothing I think if that's in the equation. There's also a part where he told Rush and Dragon Lee not to come to WWE

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Andrade has requested his release

More from pwinsider.com:

WWE star Andrade, who has not been utilized since the most recent WWE Brand Draft, requested a release from the company this past Monday.

WrestlingInc.com first reported the story. PWInsider.com has independently confirmed the request with multiple sources, one of whom described Andrade as looking "absolutely miserable" at Raw this past Monday.

Andrade, 31, last performed for the company in October 2020 on an episode of Raw, losing to Angel Garza. While he was never "officially" drafted, the plan was for him to eventually land on the Raw roster. He has been signed to WWE since 2015 and had a great run as NXT Champion while paired with the former Zelina Vegas, Thea Trinidad, who was released last year.

Andrade, who is engaged to Charlotte Flair, has removed all mentions of WWE from his social media.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There’s been another covid outbreak within WWE, specifically NXT. Sounds like it will take people off TV on Wednesday.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There’s been another covid outbreak within WWE, specifically NXT. Sounds like it will take people off TV on Wednesday.

Several WWE NXT Matches Off This Week's Show Due To COVID-19 Outbreak Fears - eWrestlingNews.com

Seems there's only a "fear". But this part:

A meeting was held last Thursday that had Performance Center trainees required to attend. However, several people didn’t take the proper precautions.

Professional wrestlers really don't seem to be the smartest bunch of people.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Charly Caruso is leaving the WWE.

from pwinsider.com

WWE broadcast personality Charly Caruso is expected to depart the company when her current deal expires and is already done appearing on WWE programming, PWInsider.com has learned.

PWInsider.com has been told Caruso is not currently expected to make any additional appearances and that her previous on-air duties have already been filled by other broadcast personalities.

Caruso, real name Charly Arnolt, started with WWE in 2016 on the NXT brand, had most recently been utilized on the Monday Night Raw brand as a backstage interviewer, the host of Raw Talk and as the host of the WWE PPV Kickoff Shows, replacing Renee Young in that role in the Fall of 2020.

On Monday 3/8, Kevin Patrick was announced as signed by the company and immediately took over as the host of Raw Talk. The previous week, Kayla Braxton filled in for Caruso. The week before that, Caruso, during the 2/22 episode of Raw Talk, joked that she "liked DP" when co-host R-Truth referred to Damian Priest as "D.P." Caruso has not appeared since on Monday night programming. Patrick, Braxton and Sarah Schreiber have been handling interviews on Monday Night Raw in recent weeks.

Caruso has also worked for ESPN since 2018, sometimes appearing on First Take.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
RIP to a Barry Orton - a guy that too good to be a jobber but not quite good enough to be a star.

from wrestlinginc.com:

barry.png

Randall Barry Orton, the uncle of WWE Superstar Randy Orton and son of Bob Orton Sr., passed away yesterday at the age of 62, according to f4wonline.

Barry Orton made his pro-wrestling debut in 1976. During his career, he held the ICW Southeastern Tag Team Championship with his brother, WWE Hall of Famer Bob Orton Jr, and held the NWA Americas Tag Team Championship with Hector Guerrero.

Orton was best known as “Barry O” in WWF. He had two stints in WWF, 1985-86 and 1990-91.

In the early ’90s, Barry Orton was also known for being in the media spotlight after speaking out about pro-wrestling scandals on shows like Phil Donahue and Larry King.

During those appearances, Barry discussed an incident in 1978 where Terry Gavin allegedly tried to sexually harass him.

After his wrestling career ended, Orton did some acting, mostly minor roles.

We here at WrestlingInc.com would like to express our sincere condolences to his family.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Did Randy Orton not have much of a relationship? I don't know if I've heard Randy talk about him. He also didn't post about him today. Not that he's obligated to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad