All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the mistake is how WWE seems to want every woman under contract to wrestle. Vega is wrestling too much for a manager and Lana should never have been put in the ring.

Eva Marie would probably work decently enough as a valet, but we all know she'll be put in the ring to burn a PPV match in a nothing challenge for Asuka's belt, or to round out a Survivor Series team. I'm still somewhat shocked they never made Rene Young go into training for a match at some point.
Renee once claimed she was doing some training, and doing so under he own volition. Not to be a full-time wrestler, but she said something along the lines of never knowing when she'd be asked to go in and do a dropkick or something. Ambrose/Renee vs. Miz/Maryse was once the plan for Wrestlemania 33 before they changed it to Cena/Nikki to do the wedding proposal thing.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Matt Riddle has been Vince'd. Hes just "Riddle" now.

Netflix is putting out a Vinnie Mac documentary. WWE is involved so it will prob be very biased.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't have much empathy for the WWE wrestlers. They get shit on left and right. Nobody stands up. Nobody will stand up and fight the independent contractor because they are afraid of losing their money.

Someone step up. Someone actually do something and cause change. I know it won't be easy. But this is like 40 years in the making.

Reactions: Kaner9 and McRpro

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
WWE took Twitch accounts away from all of their talents. Not a good look.

While i agree, WWE is f***ed in the head, Paige was also gifted second chance after second chance. She's dogging the company that has given her so much.

She broke her neck in a freak accident, it wasn't because she was worked to the bone.

I can't stand Paige but i also understand her frustration to a degree as well, but lashing out after you've been gifted opportunity after opportunity isn't a good look.

Reactions: Kaner9

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
While i agree, WWE is f***ed in the head, Paige was also gifted second chance after second chance. She's dogging the company that has given her so much.

She broke her neck in a freak accident, it wasn't because she was worked to the bone.

I can't stand Paige but i also understand her frustration to a degree as well, but lashing out after you've been gifted opportunity after opportunity isn't a good look.

I'm not arguing -I think Paige has been taken care of by WWE.

But in-general, taking the Twitch counts from stars seems like an over-step

Reactions: Kaner9

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
100% agree with you on that... The WWE is petty as f***.

I just think that they (WWE) have gift wrapped her a job after she continuously f***ed up. They didn't have to do that, but they did.

They're better than me...I would've fired her for the sex tape. Mind you: I wouldn't have fired her for having a sex tape leaked (I'm no animal - it wasn't her fault).

I would've fired her for using the women's championship title belt as a...let's say "receptacle" for certain sexual bodily fluids.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
They're better than me...I would've fired her for the sex tape. Mind you: I wouldn't have fired her for having a sex tape leaked (I'm no animal - it wasn't her fault).

I would've fired her for using the women's championship title belt as a...let's say "receptacle" for certain sexual bodily fluids.

I forgot about the title as catcher thing:help:. She was real lucky Rock was making a movie about her family or shed be LONG gone.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More non-wrestler releases from WWE.

from today's pwinsider.com:

There have been additional staff let go from World Wrestling Entertainment on Friday, PWInsider.com has confirmed, mostly logistical and behind the scenes staff working out of Stamford, CT. One source believed it was 10-15 staffers in total.

The most well known name who has been let go is former ring announcer Tony Chimel, who has been with the company officially since 1991 and was the first announcer for the Smackdown brand. A friend of Gino "Gorilla Monsoon" Marella's family, Chimel got his first break announcing local WWF events in the Northeast and helping at events dating back to 1983.

In 1991, Chimel was brought into the company on a full-time basis working behind the scenes as a technician. He was soon tapped to become a ring announcer full-time. Although most connected to the Smackdown brand, Chimel moved onto the WWE version of ECW in 2007 when Justin Roberts took on the Smackdown announcing duties. He would return to Smackdown and may be best celebrated for his announcements for Edge and Christian. Chimel also took part in storylines where he was "fired" by then-Smackdown General Manager Kurt Angle, an ongoing interaction with Mr. Kennedy and even being on the wrong side of a Boogeyman feeding frenzy. In recent years, Chimel had moved behind the scenes, working as a production manager and helping to oversee the WWE ring crew. He would still make various cameos on the air, usually related to Edge or the WWE Network's Edge & Christian Show.

The other name that seemed most shocking to those we spoke with was Derek Casselman, who had been the Director of Venue Merchandise,Remote Operations for WWE and had been with the company since 1993, so he had worked there over 27 years and was well liked by many.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
pretty sure they’ve been losing money on them for awhile, it’s been a long time coming

I wonder if there is some good way to do it in a small and cheap way. So Wwe can give wrestlers practise without throwing something terrib... even more terrible on tv.

Reactions: CDJ

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
holy shit, that was real? I thought somebody was joking and did a photoshop.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would imagine she knew she was being released so that’s why she tweeted that

if she tweeted that and was immediately fired she would have a lot of money coming her way

Also gonna be interesting to see what happens with Aleister Black seeing as how they’re married

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would imagine she knew she was being released so that’s why she tweeted that

if she tweeted that and was immediately fired she would have a lot of money coming her way

Also gonna be interesting to see what happens with Aleister Black seeing as how they’re married

she tweeted it knowing she was about to be released. but i do expect aleister to follow

Reactions: CDJ

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I like Vega, I hope that she ends up somewhere decent and gets a chance to do the things she's good at. Assuming that Black is gone soon as well, in that case though I'd be content not to see him again. Seems like this is fallout from WWE's stance on Twitch etc.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from yesterday's pwinsider.com:

Based on the unionization comment, it would appear the major factor in Vega's release was WWE's third-party edict as she was in the top percentile of Twitch streamers. One would think that given she had built up a nice side business for herself, she wasn't going to be thrilled to let it be absorbed into her WWE deal for a fraction of the revenue. Vega was one of several who recently announced she was going to suspend her streaming until further notice. It would appear push came to shove and that led to WWE releasing her.

The unionization comment was obviously in reference to the fact that WWE talents are technically independent contractors but were being ordered to hand over their Cameo, Twitch, etc. accounts in favor of the company working directly with those entities. As we noted several days ago, WWE is launching its own in-house Talent Management end to oversee such relationships.

One would think Vega would be resuming streams relatively soon. She also recently launched an OnlyFans.com account at OnlyFans. That account notes that the page features no nudity and appears to mostly showcase her cosplay outfits.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
update from yesterday's pwinsider.com:

Multiple WWE sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com that today's release of Zelina Vega was fallout from last month's edict that talents drop their relationships with third party entities such as Twitch, Cameo, etc. in favor of World Wrestling Entertainment spearheading those relationships and fielding talents out as part of their contractual duties.

PWInsider.com is told that Vega was informed that she was being released before tonight's Smackdown taping. Several minutes before her release was announced, Vega tweeted that she supported unionization, obviously in reference to WWE requiring talents to acquiese control of their Twitch, etc. accounts. WWE star Paige had made similar comments in recent weeks on social media with Vega responding them in a positive way.

As we noted earlier, Vega would be under the traditional 90 day non-compete window, which would keep her from working televised promotions through mid-February 2021.

WWE sources indicated that Vega had been extremely vocal about maintaining her Twitch account after the edict had been handed down. That lead to some WWE talents who reached out to PWInsider.com tonight wondering if she had been released to "send a message" to everyone else to make sure they follow the company's requests regarding third-party entities. Obviously, WWE is not going to confirm or deny that.

Vega had continued her Twitch streams until announcing she was suspending them on 10/30. That would be the day after a number of talents, including AJ Styles and Xavier Woods, had traveled to Stamford, CT to meet personally with Vince McMahon about the third-party edict but obviously failed to change McMahon's mind.

Vega has already written online that she will be returning to streaming on Twitch, likely under her former ring name, Thea Trinidad.

She was on Twitch last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad