OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think they'll get any trouble with the NCAA. But he'll have to deal with the PR that comes with it.

From a football perspective it just never really made much sense. You went from a Texas lifer in Briles to east coast guy in Rhule. With Briles getting fired they were already behind the 8 ball before Rhule took over because of transfers & bad recruiting classes.

You got Herman in Texas now & I think this is going to end up being Sumlin's last year at Texas A&M. I like Rhule but yeah I don't think this going to work out for him regardless if the NCAA does anything or not. It sucks for him he didn't get the Missouri job the previous year when he was a finalist with Odom. I think that would have been a better fit for him than Baylor or Oregon this year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
First year for the Big Ten & Fox where they get first picks with big games over ESPN. This is their whole big game lineup next year to go along with the PAC-12 & Big 12:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wow, really? Then maybe he's thinking he can make a name for himself by working through the scandals and bringing the team to glory...
The only glory that can be had at Baylor is the person who drops a giant bomb on their stadium and leaves it in smouldering ruins.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Wow, really? Then maybe he's thinking he can make a name for himself by working through the scandals and bringing the team to glory...

Recruiting at a second tier school in Texas is still better than having to recruit at Oregon, especially with Chris Petersen getting whatever he wants from the regional talent base.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think the Big 12 is going to fall sooner than later. They've taken a hit on the field in recent years & it's starting to show in recruiting. Even with Herman at Texas now other big schools outside of the Big 12 are still coming in & taking a good chunk of talent away.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Recruiting at a second tier school in Texas is still better than having to recruit at Oregon, especially with Chris Petersen getting whatever he wants from the regional talent base.

Yep. Oregon has had what? 1 or 2 5-star recruits in the last 10 years? Kamautule in 2015 was, then I honestly don't remember if Tyner was considered 4 or 5? And that was before Petersen taking over a notable program. They lived off of good but not great recruits even during the peak years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yep. Oregon has had what? 1 or 2 5-star recruits in the last 10 years? Kamautule in 2015 was, then I honestly don't remember if Tyner was considered 4 or 5? And that was before Petersen taking over a notable program. They lived off of good but not great recruits even during the peak years.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits

That's a composite ranking of all the sites. The early 2000 guys were just the original sites in Rivals & Scout. ESPN & 247 later came towards the end of the decade.

I knew Armstead, DAT, & Tyner were highly ranked off the top of my head. But yeah during most of the Chip years though they were generally a team that outperformed their average class rankings.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I think the Big 12 is going to fall sooner than later. They've taken a hit on the field in recent years & it's starting to show in recruiting. Even with Herman at Texas now other big schools outside of the Big 12 are still coming in & taking a good chunk of talent away.

A&M's move to the SEC really prompted that, imo.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Alabama already plays Tennessee every year as a crossover. If they had two automatic crossover games from the east division that would only leave one game to be rotated among the other east divisions teams on a yearly basis. The other teams in the east would be big winners there with odds of playing Saban in the regular season would go down even more.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Any day now there's going to be a coach younger than me and I'm going to be sad.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Scandal alert! How long before big-time sanctions are handed down?

It's apparently been planned for a while now. Stoops is getting older & just wants to move on from coaching football. Lincoln Riley is a young hot shout up & comer in the college ranks who was on staff as the OC.

They had some off the field stuff in regards to criminal activity from players but it was nothing that would get them in trouble with the law nonetheless the NCAA. Perhaps that played a part in Stoops wanting to move on as well as he was getting hammered by the media from a moral standpoint in all of it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
How is Temple doing? When I get the $$$ I am probably going to get a ST in the cheap seats of the Linc as my college football along with some Penn, Columbia, Fordham and Army games scattered into my calender.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It's apparently been planned for a while now. Stoops is getting older & just wants to move on from coaching football. Lincoln Riley is a young hot shout up & comer in the college ranks who was on staff as the OC.

They had some off the field stuff in regards to criminal activity from players but it was nothing that would get them in trouble with the law nonetheless the NCAA. Perhaps that played a part in Stoops wanting to move on as well as he was getting hammered by the media from a moral standpoint in all of it.

Rumors out there that he may be pulling an Urban until the ND job potentially opens up next year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Drat. I love a good NCAA scandal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad