OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I haven't seen any compelling arguments anywhere as to why Schiano would have been a good hire
let alone choice #1 for a school like Tennessee
Schiano isn't a great hire, but Tennessee isn't a great job anymore either. Insane fanbase and group of high profile boosters that haven't come to grips with the fact that the late 90's are gone and not likely coming back. They just don't have the same recruiting pull with Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Auburn currently dominating the region.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Butch got legit kids there. He just didn’t develop them. So I still think it’s a good job. I just think their administration & then fans totally bungled this search. Their coaching hires just have been horrendous since Fulmer. I don’t really see them bucking the trend here either as it’s looking like Dave Doeren or Tee Martin are the likely candidates at this point (speculation that the former is using them to get a new deal out of NC State).

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Butch got legit kids there. He just didn’t develop them. So I still think it’s a good job. I just think their administration & then fans totally bungled this search. Their coaching hires just have been horrendous since Fulmer. I don’t really see them bucking the trend here either as it’s looking like Dave Doeren or Tee Martin are the likely candidates at this point (speculation that the former is using them to get a new deal out of NC State).
Meh, development was a problem, but Jones' classes, outside of 2015, were highly ranked because he recruited 30 kids a year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Meh, development was a problem, but Jones' classes, outside of 2015, were highly ranked because he recruited 30 kids a year.

Numbers still help though. But you have to be willing to run your program like that. All coaches process kids to some degree but he obviously was doing it on par with Alabama & Ohio State without their success.

I do think once Saban retires things will more so normalize in the SEC & more parity will come of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad