OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I have a feeling College Gameday fans are going to have a field day playing off that next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
When it happened someone in the media got a copy of an official thing from the PD & it had him listed as 6'2". The first comment was someone saying "no way he's 6'2". :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Well it sounds like the Baylor Football program is still a **** show. Two Matt Rhule staffers already fired since he was hired.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I get the jobs were limited & he probably had to move on from Temple before risking his stock to potentially decrease but it really made no sense being an east coast guy going to Texas.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Abram is a moron. Played some as a true freshman at Georgia and then got his panties all in a bunch when Pruitt was let go. Wanted a Bama offer, never got a commitable one, and ended up at Miss State.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The two year ban after hiring a high school's coach needed to be done. It was getting out of hand.

I'm not sure how well the satellite camps worked anyway.

I like the limit on scholarships at 25.

Ironically Harbaugh abused all three of those so far. :laugh:

But hey until they make rules about it do what you can but he's definitely forced the issue with a lot of these rules with overdoing it.

I'm actually watching their spring game right now. They should be pretty good still on defense despite the losses. Not so much on offense. Speight isn't really that good, more of a game manager.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Jalen Hurd is transferring to Baylor to play WR. He'll sit out next year & play in 2018.
Hurd's a strange dude. It somehow doesn't surprise me that he's changing positions.

They still landed a big DT recruit today. I doubt it holds up like previous big recruits there though.

Yeah, like Kaindoh last year, I somehow doubt Fontaine signs a LOI to Maryland in ten months.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
UGA people have alluded to Kirby going out of state heavily this cycle, but man, he's taking a beating in-state in 2018. He really needs to pull Zamir White next month to build his class around.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hurd's a strange dude. It somehow doesn't surprise me that he's changing positions.

Yeah, like Kaindoh last year, I somehow doubt Fontaine signs a LOI to Maryland in ten months.

He was always switching positions from my understanding. They were saying TE before though. He's a big WR at 6'3" 240 lbs. I always thought it was weird that he didn't just transfer down to FCS this year so he could play right away & enter next year's draft.

Durkin's a good coach but Maryland's likely in for another rough year. They're going to be playing a lot of freshmen this year (perhaps at QB too) because the roster is so talent laden. They don't have an easy schedule either. They got @Texas & UCF for out of conference games. They draw @Minnesota, Northwestern, & @Wisconsin as cross over games from the West Divison. Then they get @Ohio State, Michigan, & Penn State from their division in the East.

I think year three under him they could get something done there but that comes with other teams very likely calling him for jobs. He's really good recruiter & making teams really work to get kids out of Maryland right now.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Hope the NCAA gets this one right & passes this rule. Obviously there's benefits beyond replacing guys who might skip bowl games but if that's what moves the needle then so be it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's really not the worst idea in the world, I'd be for it.

I actually wouldn't mind just getting rid of the redshirt altogether. Just let all players get the ability to play five years within five years instead of four years within five years.

It's so much accelerated these days compared to back then. Part of the redshirting process is actually weighing if you think the player would be on campus by a fifth year nontheless after a third or fourth year. This case no matter what happens the player has that fifth year if they need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad