OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Alabama obviously had a day but so did USC, LSU, Michigan, & Florida too.

It's nice seeing the salary cap enforced on Ole Miss this year. I laughed at Maryland accepting Cordarrian Richardson's verbal with him having zero shot to qualify in attempt to fluff their class ranking up some perception wise. I think Muschamp has something going on at USCe. He had a good day too.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Florida closed really well today. Their class looked like a disaster just a couple of weeks ago.

Champ did a good job of holding on when it looked like some of their commits were trending to other schools, although he did lose his top guy to FSU.

Harbaugh pulled two top 100 players out of the south, so I guess the camps paid off. Michigan boosters are going to be spending some coin, as Nico Collins' entire family is apparently moving to Michigan to be with him. Solomon is a flake. He named a new favorite seemingly every month for an entire year, and was caught on tape saying "**** Michigan" just a month ago.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The top RB for 2018 committed to Penn State today.

Landed an instate LBer out of Erie too who's been one of the hottest recruits in terms of offers in the last couple of weeks. He's a kid from Canada who just moved here last year so he's only had a year of high school ball in the States. So he's likely a kid that will be getting some big rating bumps on the sites soon.

Penn State's heating up on the trail. They landed three kids in the last two days for the 2018 cycle & more expected in these upcoming days.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Landed an instate LBer out of Erie too who's been one of the hottest recruits in terms of offers in the last couple of weeks. He's a kid from Canada who just moved here last year so he's only had a year of high school ball in the States. So he's likely a kid that will be getting some big rating bumps on the sites soon.

Penn State's heating up on the trail. They landed three kids in the last two days for the 2018 cycle & more expected in these upcoming days.

It's a long way out. They will have a fight on their hands to keep Parsons but a 10-2 season should keep the majority of these guys.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's a long way out. They will have a fight on their hands to keep Parsons but a 10-2 season should keep the majority of these guys.

Parsons is a drama queen. He's going to give a lot of coaches headaches this year. Where ever he ends up he's going to be in for a reality check when a school gets his signature & doesn't have to play along anymore.

They're actually gonna to lose a kid soon too. An OT who's probably going to flip to Rutgers. I don't think they care too much though as he's a project who committed like a year or two ago. They've got other kids that have come into the equation since then. The kid's uncle played at Rutgers & he's going to see the field there a lot sooner than he would at Penn State. So it makes sense for both parties to go their separate ways.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's been linked to every open OC job. I don't think he could take the beating coaching under Saban.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The Lions, as it stands, are on pace for a top 5 recruiting class in '18.

Just foolish for people to think PSU isn't on its way to being a national force again.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'd be willing to bet that both Fields and Parsons eventually reopen their recruitment.

Last edited:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
LoD, Parsons is apparently in Athens right now. Kirby has some traction in PA after pulling Swift and Webb.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Those transfers must've given them some really good stuff for the LOIC charge.

The school seems to be standing behind Freeze... for now.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I need some Nittany Lion football back in my life. Too pumped after this past year; playoff contenders in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad