Speculation: All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I think some of you are really underrating Sekera if you don't think acquiring him will cost much. Been fond of him since he was with the Sabres, and he's having a hell of a season with the Hurricanes.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Man, I'd love for us to get Matt Martin from NYI. That dudes a beast. Clifford for Martin? At the same time, were already #1 in minor penalties, not sure Martin would help us in that category. :)
Nope and Martin doesn't help at all in the two most glaring needs:
a) providing offense and goalscoring
b) partner for DD

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Swinging for the fences doesn't mean Tlusty and Sekera. Is that so difficult to understand???

No, but in this trade market I don't think Dean will gut the farm to get the type of homerun you would like to see.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Nope and Martin doesn't help at all in the two most glaring needs:
a) providing offense and goalscoring
b) partner for DD

He would only be a bottom 6 acquisition obviously. I know we would still need a top LW and partner for Drew. I was just saying the dudes a beast and I'd like to see us pick him up, I'm not necessarily expecting a move like this.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think some of you are really underrating Sekera if you don't think acquiring him will cost much. Been fond of him since he was with the Sabres, and he's having a hell of a season with the Hurricanes.

I think there is a real possibility you are right and that the Kings would have to maybe add Vey to the trade. That may be something Dean would consider given the presence of Nick Shore in Manchester.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
A quality defenceman with years remaining on his contract will cost us, and if DL also wants a winger as rumoured then he'll have to pinch some pennies and take a chance on a guy like Tlusty, who is still an RFA and could fit in well. Even if he only amounts to another 35-40 point guy, he's a step up.

Just for reference, Canes fans hold Sekera in high regard. Tlusty they seem to think had a watershed year and should be moved before the league wizens up.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
The only home run that I could see DL gutting the farm would be Erhoff, as he is signed long term. As a bonus, his cap hit is extremely reasonable. I wouldn't mind a package involving Vey-Clifford-picks. Probably include Mitchell as a throw-in as well for salary.

A top 3 of Doughty, Erhoff, and Voynov would be filthy.

Ollie Weeks

Feb 28, 2008
The only home run that I could see DL gutting the farm would be Erhoff, as he is signed long term. As a bonus, his cap hit is extremely reasonable. I wouldn't mind a package involving Vey-Clifford-picks. Probably include Mitchell as a throw-in as well for salary.

A top 3 of Doughty, Erhoff, and Voynov would be filthy.

We probably shouldn't throw away Mitchell before the playoffs. The cap hits can work without doing something so drastic.

And I very much doubt Buffalo would be retaining anything if they dealt Ehrhoff. That cap hit could be a steal for another 5 years.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
A quality defenceman with years remaining on his contract will cost us, and if DL also wants a winger as rumoured then he'll have to pinch some pennies and take a chance on a guy like Tlusty, who is still an RFA and could fit in well. Even if he only amounts to another 35-40 point guy, he's a step up.

Just for reference, Canes fans hold Sekera in high regard. Tlusty they seem to think had a watershed year and should be moved before the league wizens up.

Not surprising, but good information.

Do you think Vey, Clifford, and a 2nd would bring Tlusty and Sekera as a return from Carolina?

Again, I wouldn't mind just getting Tlusty for a pick.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
We probably shouldn't throw away Mitchell before the playoffs. The cap hits can work without doing something so drastic.

And I very much doubt Buffalo would be retaining anything if they dealt Ehrhoff. That cap hit could be a steal for another 5 years.

I don't think Mitchell would be playing anyway…

Erhoff-DD
Reggie-Voynov
Muzz-Greene/Amart

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Buffalo has every right to ask for Toffoli in a deal for Ehrhoff, but I don't touch that

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The demand for Ehrhoff is going to be big, he has a very manageable cap hit and his contract was extremely front loaded so Buffalo has paid a large chunk of the actual salary already. The length of the contract is a bit scary, but a player like that should be able to play well into his 30's.

Ollie Weeks

Feb 28, 2008
I don't think Mitchell would be playing anyway…

Erhoff-DD
Reggie-Voynov
Muzz-Greene/Amart

Some form of Mitchell with Martinez or Muzzin would be my instinctive choice, I would never take Greene over Mitchell this season, or any season for that matter. I consistently have no idea if Greene is healthy until I see him in a game day lineup on hf.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
The demand for Ehrhoff is going to be big, he has a very manageable cap hit and his contract was extremely front loaded so Buffalo has paid a large chunk of the actual salary already. The length of the contract is a bit scary, but a player like that should be able to play well into his 30's.

And who do you suppose will be one of the first to remind of us how old/bad he is, if and when Ehrhoff has a stretch of bad games? Any guess?

Keep in mind, Richards just turned 29 and Ehrhoff will be 32 in July.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
And who do you suppose will be one of the first to remind of us how old/bad he is, if and when Ehrhoff has a stretch of bad games? Any guess?

Keep in mind, Richards just turned 29 and Ehrhoff will be 32 in July.

A stretch of bad games? LOL. How on Earth can you call it a stretch of bad games.

It's quite a bit different comparing a 6'2 mostly finesse defenseman to a 5'11 forward who played the way MR did.

And yes, there is risk in acquiring a 32 year old d-man who is signed until he is 38, never said there wasn't, but you are a fool if you think the players are comparable. A player like Ehrhoff is always going to have a much longer career than a player like Richards.

And as of today, one of those players is holding steady and the others play has fallen off the cliff.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
A stretch of bad games? LOL. How on Earth can you call it a stretch of bad games.

It's quite a bit different comparing a 6'2 mostly finesse defenseman to a 5'11 forward who played the way MR did.

And yes, there is risk in acquiring a 32 year old d-man who is signed until he is 38, never said there wasn't, but you are a fool if you think the players are comparable. A player like Ehrhoff is always going to have a much longer career than a player like Richards.

And as of today, one of those players is holding steady and the others play has fallen off the cliff.

If it isn't a stretch of bad games, then what is it? And how long has Richards sucked ass iyo?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
No interest in Myers? Ehrhoff is too old for that contract, seems like a risk being stuck with an aging Dman on a long contract.

Ollie Weeks

Feb 28, 2008
Myers is a righty, at 5.5 mill for many more years, and his game is not what it was by all accounts. That's 3 strikes.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I've stated my home run pick is Erhoff.

My dumpster dive pick is Glass Hemsky

You spelled Perron wrong. Only player I'd have any interest in DL acquiring from the banishment that is EDM. Solid two way player with decent skill, and having a hard time right now. DL's three favorite things in a player.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If it isn't a stretch of bad games, then what is it? And how long has Richards sucked ass iyo?

Well he has been the Kings worst defensive forward since last season. As far as his offensive game, he has 1 goal in 38 games, that is not a bad stretch of games it's a half a season.

3 assists in 10 games is a bad stretch. One goal in 38 games while being awful defensively the whole time is more than a bad stretch.

Do you disagree that Ehrhoff's play has held steady the past few years while Richards has completely fallen off?

If I am wrong, how would you describe the play of the two players over the past 3-4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad