Speculation: All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I believe entirely that Gagne wasn't the primary player from EDM that we were talking about.

I heard we are still talking with Lou about D. I know the Panters are a sort of passe idea but we did send out a scout or two to see what was what. I haven't heard anything recently were they are concerned but it wouldn't surprise me if we had some interest there. Lots of other crazy type of rumors out there with our name being thrown around but I don't buy em.

We are going to have a few extra hands at the Canes game to take a look around or so it has been rumored. Should be easy to find out but I can't see anyplace where a deal between us and them could be made.

My money is on DL making a minor deal and waiting until pre draft before addressing any of our needs but who knows? DL and crew really are right there with the very best in the bus if not the best so I can live with whatever happens.

ok this is the second time you mention the gagner rumour so i have to respond with was it yak we were interested in or did eklund finally get a rumour right with us interested in someone on there top line?

AlabamaKingsFan

Jan 29, 2014
I believe entirely that Gagne wasn't the primary player from EDM that we were talking about.

I heard we are still talking with Lou about D. I know the Panters are a sort of passe idea but we did send out a scout or two to see what was what. I haven't heard anything recently were they are concerned but it wouldn't surprise me if we had some interest there. Lots of other crazy type of rumors out there with our name being thrown around but I don't buy em.

We are going to have a few extra hands at the Canes game to take a look around or so it has been rumored. Should be easy to find out but I can't see anyplace where a deal between us and them could be made.

My money is on DL making a minor deal and waiting until pre draft before addressing any of our needs but who knows? DL and crew really are right there with the very best in the bus if not the best so I can live with whatever happens.

Do you think there is any trith to the kings trading williams? If so you think maybe the canes are interested in bringing him back.finally, what would we want from them in that type of deal?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I heard we are still talking with Lou about D.

Bryce Salvador or Mark Fayne maybe? I wouldn't mind either. Fayne is a UFA and Salvador has one more year left at just over $3 million.

If you acquire Salvador then Mitchell can walk.

Don't know if the Devils would deal either seeing as they are still in the race and it would probably have to be a "hockey deal" roster player(s) for roster player(s) with some term left.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

TG, what do you think of Tlusty? Could he be a fit at LW for the Kings?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
ok this is the second time you mention the gagner rumour so i have to respond with was it yak we were interested in or did eklund finally get a rumour right with us interested in someone on there top line?

I didn't hear who else we were after but I think it would have to be Perron. I can't see anyone else that we would target. By the time the Oilers are contenders his deal will be up.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Do you think there is any trith to the kings trading williams? If so you think maybe the canes are interested in bringing him back.finally, what would we want from them in that type of deal?

I should have hit multi.

I have a difficult time with the idea of our dealing JW but anything is possible. I know that we have a solid working relationship with the Canes (no surprise) so who knows?

I would only be guessing about who we would want back but if it were for JW it would have to be a pretty significant piece to the puzzle. I just don't know who but the Canes have several interesting players.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/439398294289018880
There's no guarantee he'll be traded, but BUF asked Christian Ehrhoff for list of 8 teams he doesn't want to be traded to (per his NTC).

He's the dman I want to see the Kings add. He can play big minutes, be used in all situations, a big portion of his contract has already been paid off and he will be earning $4M in salary over the next three seasons then earns $6M over the final 4 seasons on his contract. He has 7 years left on his contract, which would make him 38 by the time the contract expires.

Get Buffalo to retain a portion of his deal and send Clifford or Nolan, Tanner Pearson, one of Muzzin or Martinez, and a pick to Buffalo for Moulson and Ehrhoff and the Kings are set.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I like him and think he could be a good fit. I haven't seen him play too much this season but like his game and I bet he would be affordable.

That's what I am thinking as well. A move like that would allow the Kings to either play Tlusty with Richards and Carter, or move King back up with them with Tlusty playing with Brown and Stoll. Not bad.

Maybe a 2nd round pick does the trick?

I should have hit multi.

I have a difficult time with the idea of our dealing JW but anything is possible. I know that we have a solid working relationship with the Canes (no surprise) so who knows?

I would only be guessing about who we would want back but if it were for JW it would have to be a pretty significant piece to the puzzle. I just don't know who but the Canes have several interesting players.

In addition to Tlusty, I would count Sekera among the interesting players the Canes have.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Why would LA move a guy like JDub?

I can't see DL spending the required amount for a rental.

I'm with TG, I bet we make a minor deal.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/439398294289018880

He's the dman I want to see the Kings add. He can play big minutes, be used in all situations, a big portion of his contract has already been paid off and he will be earning $4M in salary over the next three seasons then earns $6M over the final 4 seasons on his contract. He has 7 years left on his contract, which would make him 38 by the time the contract expires.

Get Buffalo to retain a portion of his deal and send Clifford or Nolan, Tanner Pearson, one of Muzzin or Martinez, and a pick to Buffalo for Moulson and Ehrhoff and the Kings are set.

I understand that Moulson is a rental, but if we want to gut Buffalo like that we're going to have to give up a hell of a lot more than that with the demand they'll be facing. I'd guess a 1st, Pearson/Vey, and Muzzin at least is what they'd be asking for. They could also just put their foot down and say Toffoli or bust and we would be out of the running pretty quick.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
My guess is Dean gets someone no one has really realistically mentioned yet.

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
If we could get Tlusty for Clifford + I would be really happy. Tlusty has a really nice contract.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm thinking swinging for the fences means something closer to a Vanek and Ehrhoff and not Tlusty and Sekera.

I'm thinking that you're always about the flash and rarely about the substance.

Tlusty and Sekera would provide two pieces that the Kings are missing without touching much of the existing roster.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Man, I'd love for us to get Matt Martin from NYI. That dudes a beast. Clifford for Martin? At the same time, were already #1 in minor penalties, not sure Martin would help us in that category. :)

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I'm thinking that you're always about the flash and rarely about the substance.

Tlusty and Sekera would provide two pieces that the Kings are missing without touching much of the existing roster.

Swinging for the fences doesn't mean Tlusty and Sekera. Is that so difficult to understand???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->