Rumor: All purpose Kessel trade rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Carter got Vorachek and 8th overall (Couturier).

That's a ****ty deal and should be declined. Something like Maata, Pouliot and 2016 1st + cap dumps is comparable.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Rob Rossi said on TSN 1050 that Pittsburgh deal yesterday was Scuderi, Kunitz, Pouliot and 2016 First for Kessel.

Rather keep kessel, no question about it.

Move phaneuf, bozak and lupul and wait for kessel. Pouliot and a late first has major chances of being a hole lot of nothing. Kessel is a 70-82 point player on a bad team. Yeah his attitude isn't always considered great but lots of high scoring players have had the same reputation. Kessel excels on great teams... That's proven, on last years team I think most first line players would've looked like trash.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
It's close enough that Toronto should definitely keep trade talks open. We're not getting Maatta.

Don't get why Toronto fans like Kapanen so much. He's a second line player at best. Production, size, and defensive play all leave something to be desired.

Pouliot is a blue chip prospect. Great production in his first year in the AHL, CHL defenseman of the year last year, and didn't embarrass himself in the NHL.

Even with Kessel, I doubt Pittsburgh's 1st ends up higher than 25th. Their defense just isn't there, even if Fleury has another great season. If Fleury plays more like his old self, they're in trouble. Pick could be anywhere in the 15-25 range. Don't see them winning the conference or making the ECF over NYR and WAS.

Murray and Jarry are both interesting pieces. Murray being the preferable one, as he can make the jump to the NHL sooner.

Sutter is another piece that could be involved. Helps with center depth through the season and can be flipped for at least a 2nd at the deadline.

I'd be much happier taking Kunitz than Scuderi. Our blueline is pretty full right now, but there's lot of room for Kunitz in our forward core.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I know the thought of Kessel playing with Crosby or Malkin is pretty exciting, but wouldn't Phaneuf fill the bigger need for them?

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I know the thought of Kessel playing with Crosby or Malkin is pretty exciting, but wouldn't Phaneuf fill the bigger need for them?

Pittsburgh at least has Maatta, Pouliet, Harrington, Dumoulin in the pipelines to give them a boost on the backend. Other than Kapanen who may or may not be a top 6 forward, they have no wingers or forwards that will help the team anytime soon. Kessel is a great option for them

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Maatta + Pouliot + 2016 1st. A lot to ask for but Kessel should not be traded for anything less than this.

I would personally prefer to trade him to Nashville for Jones +

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If in Dubas and Shanny, im calling teams trying to flip Kunitz.

Meanwhile, keep trying to squeeze more out of JR, whether it be a 2nd, or another prospect. Then, when you find an acceptable deal for Kunitz (NSH?) pull the trigger.

That deal would be great, as long as we manage to flip Kunitz.

Kessel for Kunitz + Scuderi + Pouliot + PIT 1st 2016 + PIT 2nd 2017/3rd 2016+6th 2016
Kunitz for Stalberg + NSH 1st 2016

All of a sudden, we added 2 1sts, a 2nd(or 3rd+6th) and a top prospect for Kessel

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Realistically, i'd go for Pouliot, Murray 2016 1st and a cap dump. I want Murray coming back.

1st 2016
Pouliot
Murray

Scuderi/Kunitz

Would get it done for me. That's 2 1sts and a 3rd +
the return on Kunitz/Scuderi. More than we paid.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if the "animated conversation" between Penguins execs on the draft floor after everything wrapped up today went something like this:

"We might want to think about giving Shanahan want he wants, because trading for Kessel when no one saw it coming is precisely something the Flyers would do."

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
1st 2016
Pouliot
Murray

Scuderi/Kunitz

If it was Kunitz, I'd pull the trigger on that one. It's not close to what we gave up for Kessel, but it's close to the best we can get for him now.

I don't think either Scuderi or Kunitz has any real value with two years left, but we can probably get something with only one year left. Particularly Kunitz, he's more likely to have a bounceback season (he can't get much worse).

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if the "animated conversation" between Penguins execs on the draft floor after everything wrapped up today went something like this:

"We might want to think about giving Shanahan want he wants, because trading for Kessel when no one saw it coming is precisely something the Flyers would do."

Flyers just shed 8 million in cap (Pronger/Grossman)
Anything Pittsburgh offers, I'd make sure Ed Snider found out.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Minor consideration: if we trade for Murray, we probably send back Gibson, so that they have an AHL starter. That's a sacrifice I'm willing to make, without asking for more value.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
1st 2016
Pouliot
Murray

Scuderi/Kunitz

I'd try to get Kapanen instead of Murray, but it seems we're of the same mind... Pouliot + 1st doesn't get it done. Another quality prospect needs to be added.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am hoping this is done relatively soon so we're not left holding the bag.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'd try to get Kapanen instead of Murray, but it seems we're of the same mind... Pouliot + 1st doesn't get it done. Another quality prospect needs to be added.

I thought about Kapenen but in light of Brown/Bracco/Bailey/Hyman/Soshnikov/Johnson etc., I went with the former Soo goalie.
We drafted a lot of forwards, more D and a big goalie for Kessel + 1st rounder is good for me.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If it was Kunitz, I'd pull the trigger on that one. It's not close to what we gave up for Kessel, but it's close to the best we can get for him now.

I don't think either Scuderi or Kunitz has any real value with two years left, but we can probably get something with only one year left. Particularly Kunitz, he's more likely to have a bounceback season (he can't get much worse).

Actually I was thinking Kunitz and Scuderi. We can send Kessel + Erixon/Gibson to the Pens.
Then we deal Kunitz and Scuderi at the deadline for max playoff value.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
Toronto gets:
Maata
Kapanen
2016 first
Kunitz

Penguins get:
Kessel
2016 2nd (from the pens in the winnik trade)

I don't the pens will go into next year without a first or second round pick

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

Meanwhile, keep trying to squeeze more out of JR, whether it be a 2nd, or another prospect. Then, when you find an acceptable deal for Kunitz (NSH?) pull the trigger.

Kessel for Kunitz + Scuderi + Pouliot + PIT 1st 2016 + PIT 2nd 2017/3rd 2016+6th 2016

All of a sudden, we added 2 1sts, a 2nd(or 3rd+6th) and a top prospect for Kessel

Nashville could get Kunitz for a lot less than their 2016 1st, and taking back a little salary in Stalberg isn't going to be the difference maker. If the Leafs take back Kunitz, I think he stays a Leaf at least until the 2016 offseason.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Kunitz would be a good asset
At least another 1st if not 2nd and prospect with retention

Kapanen would be nice buut on honestly Pouliot would be the second best dman prospect on the team and another 1st plus what they get for Kunitz

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

That's very generous towards PIT. The salary dumps of Kunitz and Scuderi are almost worth that late first and 3rd (+6th?) alone, so then you're trading Kessel just for Pouliot, which is horrendous.

I like the notion of flipping Kunitz afterwards, but I think his value is closer to a 2nd, and that's after we retain salary.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I am hoping this is done relatively soon so we're not left holding the bag.
Yeah this will all go down 1st of july at latest. They already have it planned out and ready to boom. Even Babcock can't stand Kessel etc players. He wants them out of being even listed as "Maple Leafs". Babcock can't stand these type of players and human beings.

Take notes from the puffs Babcock has given after he arrived: He is just a class act as human being, respecting every human being everywhere around him. That's the only pure way to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad