What I'd do:

LSE
Stafford (Don't like but it will happen) Little Wheeler
Perrault Petan Dano
Copp Lowry Tanev
Thor
Burmie waived
Connor to the Moose

I'd switch Perrault and Stafford, then move Stafford to the right and Dano on the left.

No clue who goes down or sits in the press box with Thor once Armia and Mathias comes back.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd switch Perrault and Stafford, then move Stafford to the right and Dano on the left.

No clue who goes down or sits in the press box with Thor once Armia and Mathias comes back.

I'd do that as well but I don't see Maurice doing so right off the bat

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What I'd do:

LSE
Stafford (Don't like but it will happen) Little Wheeler
Perrault Petan Dano
Copp Lowry Tanev
Thor
Burmie waived
Connor to the Moose

You said it was what you'd do and then stuck Staff at 2LW because "it will happen". :laugh: I'd make a couple of changes;
LSE
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Dano - Petan - Stafford
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Thor
Burmie waived If we are all healthy it is time.
Connor to the Moose - same here. It isn't that Connor could not progress while with the Jets. It is a) a better right now player would have to go down instead and b) he can progress better, faster playing top 6 minutes with the Moose than playing 4 min/gm with Thor.

Edit: Just realized that is still not all healthy. :laugh: Where to put Matthias and Armia? Good problem to have. Chances are that we always have at least 1 F in the infirmary. Trade Stafford.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You said it was what you'd do and then stuck Staff at 2LW because "it will happen". :laugh: I'd make a couple of changes;
LSE
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Dano - Petan - Stafford
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Thor
Burmie waived If we are all healthy it is time.
Connor to the Moose - same here. It isn't that Connor could not progress while with the Jets. It is a) a better right now player would have to go down instead and b) he can progress better, faster playing top 6 minutes with the Moose than playing 4 min/gm with Thor.

Edit: Just realized that is still not all healthy. :laugh: Where to put Matthias and Armia? Good problem to have. Chances are that we always have at least 1 F in the infirmary. Trade Stafford.

OK it was 90% what I'd do :p

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
In a way it's pretty unfortunate that these injuries keep coming up because it only defers progress for the club on a large-scale.

If we were completely healthy, based on PoMo's comments re: how much he's liked some young players' contributions (Petan, Morrissey, Tanev, I imagine) we'd finally see some sort of movement or trade of our other pieces.

I'm all for Connor going down to get his confidence back, and I think Copp can go with him as well.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In a way it's pretty unfortunate that these injuries keep coming up because it only defers progress for the club on a large-scale.

If we were completely healthy, based on PoMo's comments re: how much he's liked some young players' contributions (Petan, Morrissey, Tanev, I imagine) we'd finally see some sort of movement or trade of our other pieces.

I'm all for Connor going down to get his confidence back, and I think Copp can go with him as well.

Compared to opening day - Connor and Copp down, Petan and Dano up, Thor and Burmi in the press box. If all are healthy we would have 15 F's and 8 D. Waive Burmi and we still have 1 body too many. The only D man I would be willing to lose would be Stuart and I doubt that happens. Looking at F's, 1 of Petan or Dano still has to go down - or trade Stafford.

Funny how it keeps coming around to that. He is not a bad player but he is in the way. He should have had a hat trick in the last game. He did score our only ES goal. It was only his 2nd game back from injury. He is far from a useless boat anchor. He should be worth something in trade, even with that bloated salary. As long as the injury parade continues there is room for him but if we ever get healthy there is not.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Dano's eye:
CyhTeTIXUAMIFwm.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
wow that was close.....look at the cut from the stick on his lower eye lid.

One thing I love about Dano is he is the perfect pest. He has skill and he gets under the other teams skin but he doesn't take penalties (KEY). In 15 games this season he has two penalty minutes yet he plays a physical game where he takes runs at the other teams good players. I don't think a Lemiuex type agitator is functional in today's NHL. In 16 games this season for the Moose Lemieux has 39 minutes in penalties with only one fight?? Sorry but on the surface without watching allot of his games that seems to suck? Jets already take too many penalties the last thing we need is to add a wing nut who struggles with his emotional control and discipline.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
^^^
and no call, gotta love that

Refs didn't see it in the scramble. Makes you wonder whether the NHL might consider some sort of challenge or review if a player has an obvious injury (requiring trainers on the ice, for example) and they didn't see the play. That'd be better than the stupid off-side challenges.

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
wow that was close.....look at the cut from the stick on his lower eye lid.

One thing I love about Dano is he is the perfect pest. He has skill and he gets under the other teams skin but he doesn't take penalties (KEY). In 15 games this season he has two penalty minutes yet he plays a physical game where he takes runs at the other teams good players. I don't think a Lemiuex type agitator is functional in today's NHL. In 16 games this season for the Moose Lemieux has 39 minutes in penalties with only one fight?? Sorry but on the surface without watching allot of his games that seems to suck? Jets already take too many penalties the last thing we need is to add a wing nut who struggles with his emotional control and discipline.

Good post. I share the same concerns about Lemieux, but I still have hope for his development. He does have a lot of useful tools in the box, and he seems to have a rare (for his age) self-awareness. He'll figure it out, it'll just take a couple of AHL seasons.
In the meantime, I am increasingly impressed with Dano. I got to a weird place with watching him: the level of Dano tire-pumping around here was becoming so nauseating that I was starting to suspect that some of our posters were Dano's family members. It was becoming so ubiquitous that I almost wanted him to fail so they'd shut up about it.
Having said that, I did want him as part of the Ladd trade before it happened. He's been what I hoped he would be. Man, am I ever relieved that isn't a Berard injury.

Last edited:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Refs didn't see it in the scramble. Makes you wonder whether the NHL might consider some sort of challenge or review if a player has an obvious injury (requiring trainers on the ice, for example) and they didn't see the play. That'd be better than the stupid off-side challenges.

That's what I would love to see is the league doing reviews or challenges of these. I mean you can't not see that is a big high stick right there.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Lucky Daňo. I was worried for him.

So was Quincey, seemingly.

(I use Google for the accented 'N' because there's no alt-code and guess what--happy birthday Marko!)

Yup. Waaay better idea than the stupid offside challenge.

Add:

Icing challenge (so much easier to determine than offside)
Puck over glass challenge
High stick injury challenge (injuries only, like the CFL has, I think, quarterbacks only challenges)

Remove:
Offside challenge

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad