Injury Report: All Purpose Injury Info

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Injury-Report-609x290.png

Still doesn't sound like anyone is too close to returning. 85 and 18 are up next.

Full injury report.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Updated by Maurice:

Little cleared for contact next practice. LBI means he needs to "skate" a bit
Perreault skated today first time. Same as Little, needs to "skate"
Myers is still a ways away
Armia and Matthias are late December.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Updated by Maurice:

Little cleared for contact next practice. LBI means he needs to "skate" a bit
Perreault skated today first time. Same as Little, needs to "skate"
Myers is still a ways away
Armia and Matthias are late December.

I understand they need to get past contact and be sure they are good to go. But the extra skating seems silly. As long as they are clear and get a few skates in, rusty they are still better then most our guys playing. You think after going 0-5 once they are clear and good you would be in a rush to get them back in. Obviously the tank is on

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I understand they need to get past contact and be sure they are good to go. But the extra skating seems silly. As long as they are clear and get a few skates in, rusty they are still better then most our guys playing. You think after going 0-5 once they are clear and good you would be in a rush to get them back in. Obviously the tank is on

???

you put in a guy who isn't used to contact and isn't in good shape and he's an injury waiting to happen.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I think it refers to their conditioning. He mentioned it's different for guys coming back from upper body injuries since they can still skate ride a bike etc.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I think it refers to their conditioning. He mentioned it's different for guys coming back from upper body injuries since they can still skate ride a bike etc.

I was meaning more so in general. Not specifically Little's knee injury. I meant if a guy is a little rusty, who cares, once he is 100% get him back in. If it is a top 6 guy get him in 3rd line minutes. If it is a bottom end guy then practice him a little extra longer to shake the rust. But rust and conditioning are 2 different things. I agree they need some hard skates first. Can't put an out of shape guy back in the lineup and risk re Injury

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Little on a line with Wheeler and Stafford today.
Matty P's skating in a non-contact jersey.
no Petan at the skate

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
looks like Little's penciled in for Tuesday's game, depending on pre-game skate (which, as an aside, is kind of odd, because if someone feels something ungreat in a pre-game skate, then he really should sit for a few more days and not be at the pre-game skate phase of rehab).

Matty P will be back vs the Oilers or, more likely, St Louis (only 1 more contact skate before the Oilers' game)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Wut!? Perreault coming back soon too?

Nice. Sucks that Petan got injured, but hopefully it's something he can return from fairly quickly.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Wut!? Perreault coming back soon too?

Nice. Sucks that Petan got injured, but hopefully it's something he can return from fairly quickly.

Matty P has a history of being injured and then transitioning from skating to contact pretty quick.
so i'm expecting him for the next game. *edit* apparently the weekend series, now, as per PoMo.
when Petan comes back, there are some interesting problems to solve. looking like Copp to the Moose, Burmistrov to the press box and....Dano out?
doubt they sit Lowry since they probably love his goal optics

Last edited:

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg
Matty P has a history of being injured and then transitioning from skating to contact pretty quick.
so i'm expecting him for the next game.
when Petan comes back, there are some interesting problems to solve. looking like Copp to the Moose, Burmistrov to the press box and....Dano out?

4 minutes of ice time for Connor tells me he is the next one out to the Moose.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
so i'm expecting him for the next game.

What I'd do:

LSE
Stafford (Don't like but it will happen) Little Wheeler
Perrault Petan Dano
Copp Lowry Tanev
Thor
Burmie waived
Connor to the Moose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad