Injury Report: All Purpose Injury Info

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
lol @ career ending. settle down

don't even know what the injury is yet

I said "could be", based on the way they were talking about it. Not taking things out of context is important. :thumbu: When someone close to the organization manages to get them to say this:

Says he's plateaued in his recovery and there Is very real concern with in the organization for Myers

...they're potentially divulging much, much more than they usually do. I hope for the best for him.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I said "could be", based on the way they were talking about it. Not taking things out of context is important. :thumbu:

petan's injury could be as well. it's not likely

how are they talking about it? beyak's comments seem silly from what maurice said. all he mentioned was he has plateaued, it's pretty common tbh.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder if Trouba's signing might be related to the Jets' knowledge that -Myers would be out long term. Maybe they decided that they needed Trouba thus season.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I do think Beyak tends to perhaps over exaggerate things a wee bit... I don't think his injury is career ending, i just think they are concerned he could be out longer than they had hoped for.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wonder if Trouba's signing might be related to the Jets' knowledge that -Myers would be out long term. Maybe they decided that they needed Trouba thus season.

I thought that there where a couple of games that both Trouba and Myers played in this year. If so it just seems like they wanted to bring Trouba back in as he's a good player.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought that there where a couple of games that both Trouba and Myers played in this year. If so it just seems like they wanted to bring Trouba back in as he's a good player.

Trouba's first game back was the game where Myers went down on Nov 11.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I would say Enstrom was playing the best at D at the time that Trouba came back/Myers went out.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I would say Enstrom was playing the best at D at the time that Trouba came back/Myers went out.

Or Morrisey. Myers is starting to concern me a bit. Not sure what it specificaly is with his hip but don't certain hip injuries have a habit of being long-term and even career threatening?

hurricanedave

Apr 19, 2012
I said "could be", based on the way they were talking about it. Not taking things out of context is important. :thumbu: When someone close to the organization manages to get them to say this:

...they're potentially divulging much, much more than they usually do. I hope for the best for him.

According to the Sun, Maurice said Myers' recovery has plateaued. I am not a big fan of that description, certainly doesn't sound promising in the short term. At least with Armia and Matthias we were given roughly what month they'd be back; Myers' condition is concerning in that there is no known timeline or at least not one the Jets feel comfortable releasing.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I think that is a bit of a stretch. It was up to Trouba to decide when to stop the foolishness.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I do think Beyak tends to perhaps over exaggerate things a wee bit... I don't think his injury is career ending, i just think they are concerned he could be out longer than they had hoped for.

So that wouldn't be Beyak exaggerating. It would be the listeners exaggerating what was between the lines.

Edit: and over exaggerate is redundant 9,999,999 times out of 10,000,000. :)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I'd say it was Morrissey. He has been our best D man all year. I'm sure that says something about our D but I'm afraid to think about it too much.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com

I don't think so. Trouba said that the Dec 1st deadline was never a real deadline because he was never going to let it go on that long. He also said he had November 4th circled on his calendar - that if a move wasn't made by then, he'd get ball rolling to come back...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think that is a bit of a stretch. It was up to Trouba to decide when to stop the foolishness.

Trouba might have wanted back, but I wonder if Chevy's approach to the trade options was partly influenced by concerns over Myers.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Was told by an aquaintance from the medical field who would likely have some "somewhat" reliable info that the surgery Myers had on the hip was like an arthroscopic hip surgery whereby they go in and clean out the hip socket.

If it is the hip that is ailing Myers, it is likely not a good thing long term for him or the Jets. The next step is likely hip replacement. I hope the heck his information is wrong!

Please keep in mind that this guy does not know if it is his hip or knee that is causing the problem. He just said that "if" it is his hip, it's likely not good.

The "trade" all of sudden looks a lot less of a one sided deal with Stafford's play, Lemieux's inauspicious start to his career and add in if Myers is long term. Then it becomes Armia and Roslo for Kane and Bogo...hopefully Lemieux is just having an "off year".

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Was told by an aquaintance from the medical field who would likely have some "somewhat" reliable info that the surgery Myers had on the hip was like an arthroscopic hip surgery whereby they go in and clean out the hip socket.

If it is the hip that is ailing Myers, it is likely not a good thing long term for him or the Jets. The next step is likely hip replacement. I hope the heck his information is wrong!

Please keep in mind that this guy does not know if it is his hip or knee that is causing the problem. He just said that "if" it is his hip, it's likely not good.

The "trade" all of sudden looks a lot less of a one sided deal with Stafford's play, Lemieux's inauspicious start to his career and add in if Myers is long term. Then it becomes Armia and Roslo for Kane and Bogo...hopefully Lemieux is just having an "off year".

Well Bogo has only managed to play 9 games and has zero points to date .......Kane has been a disaster off the ice and missed a big chunk of this season too. EK9 heads into the last year of his contract next season and how bad does Buffalo really want to extend him?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Well Bogo has only managed to play 9 games and has zero points to date .......Kane has been a disaster off the ice and missed a big chunk of this season too. EK9 heads into the last year of his contract next season and how bad does Buffalo really want to extend him?

As injury-prone as Bogo is, Myers has only played 14 more games for the Jets than Bogo's played for the Sabres.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Trouba might have wanted back, but I wonder if Chevy's approach to the trade options was partly influenced by concerns over Myers.

That's a bit different. :) I really don't think so. His message was consistent right through and fit with Chevy's past behaviour. They claim that this problem has no connection to his surgery. I see no reason to doubt that.

I could see it influencing what does - or does not - happen in the future. Until they are comfortable with Myers' condition they are much less likely to trade Trouba.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Jets have said that the injury is not related to his previous surgery.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
and also almost 3 weeks ago

#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice says C Nic Petan (lower body) is day-to-day. "Nothing sinister."

Could have been true. My (wild) guess is that Petan had a laceration that became infected. That's how a "flesh wound" goes from "day-to-day" to "week-to-week". Anyway, it's all just speculation.

On another topic, Jets are going to have a bucket-load of cap space at the deadline with all of these injuries, aren't they? If so, I wonder if that might give them some additional ammunition to make a move or two, either to bolster the roster for a playoff run, or use the cap space to get assets from another team that needs the cap space to make a run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad