Injury Report: All Purpose Injury Info

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Some encouraging signals about Myers from Maurice today. Apparently, Myers has progressed to the point that he is "physiologically" ready to start working on the strength and conditioning aspect of his recovery. That suggests to me that he had an injury that needed to heal, and it's now healed sufficiently in the doctors' view to move on to building back his strength and conditioning. I hope that means that we see him back with the team in the next few weeks.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Some encouraging signals about Myers from Maurice today. Apparently, Myers has progressed to the point that he is "physiologically" ready to start working on the strength and conditioning aspect of his recovery. That suggests to me that he had an injury that needed to heal, and it's now healed sufficiently in the doctors' view to move on to building back his strength and conditioning. I hope that means that we see him back with the team in the next few weeks.

He would be a big boost.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
That is good news, thanks for sharing that Whileee.

If I had to guess the injury I would say he tore a quad or a hammie, near buttock or knee (as in hammie pulled off bone). This is just speculation on my part but from observing his movements on the ice and Maurice eluding to soft-tissue injuries in an interview recently, a major muscle group like the legs would be a common culprit - my guess is a grade 3 injury, which can be extremely hard to nail down a recovery window. Probably why they never threw out the term 'season-ending' and whatnot. Very common injury in athletes. So if he is doing rehab now it will likely start small and progress, so probably another month or so more until he do anything high intensity. It's a good sign if he is rehabing now.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
So I think we can all assume that Myers would be eased back into the 3rd pair as the RHD.

Which leaves Chiarot or Postma to play LHD.
Postma's a RHD so that would seem to put him at a disadvantage?

Does anyone think that Postma may get the offside assignment?
Who do you think is a better partner / fit for Myers?

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
So I think we can all assume that Myers would be eased back into the 3rd pair as the RHD.

Someone we still need to acquire in a trade..

Although if we could do that...

we would have three nice pairs with balanced ice time.Although how long is Enstrom in Sweden for?
Man we can't catch a break...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Seeing as how both Chiarot and Postma have enough trouble playing their natural sides, I think they sit Postma.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seeing as how both Chiarot and Postma have enough trouble playing their natural sides, I think they sit Postma.

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Postma

Problem solved, unless you are Trouba.

That reminds me... Does anyone wonder if the Jets are trying to cater to Trouba's demands in terms of role and position, or is this just temporary until Myers returns?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

I think we defer to the original plan of playing Trouba at LD.

Trouba-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Postma

Watch someone else get injured before this happens.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Postma

Problem solved, unless you are Trouba.

That reminds me... Does anyone wonder if the Jets are trying to cater to Trouba's demands in terms of role and position, or is this just temporary until Myers returns?

We'll know soon enough. This will the first chance of the year to employ the preseason plan.

Why not Buff at LD? Doesn't he just rove wherever he wants anyways?

We also wouldn't have to put up with his 360 degree skate around the net anymore. I've yet to see him try this move from left to right.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Maurice: On Tyler Myers getting out on the ice. Any timeline as to his return? On what the team has been missing without Myers.

To listen click here.

Coach Quotes:

“Get through a real light day tomorrow and we’ll just start adding minutes….but he’s going to have to get pushed on the ice real hard for a little bit before he gets back in the lineupâ€

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Any word on what happened to Lowry? If he's hurt they will recall someone, I assume thor will slot in and howden recall for PB duty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad