Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Jake Owen told some unbelievable Phil, Sergio, Gretzky and Bryson stories on the Fore Play pod today. Hilarious interview.

Lot of good podcasts lately. No Laying Up had Steve Elkington on who is not really my cup of tea but is entertaining. I really liked the one they did with Kiradech Aphibarnrat a couple weeks ago. One of the funniest guys on Tour.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did anyone see what Sergio said about his match with Kuchar? Controversy is following those two this year.

I agreed with what Sergio is saying. Kuchar could've given him the next hole, but didn't want to, so trying to claim that he would've done something if he could is a lie.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The Phil line about the match was hilarious.

Even with my dislike of Kuch, I probably would have done the same thing. Sergio f***ed up and there's hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line, it's not my responsibility to fix it for him even if I agree with him that I would have given the putt to him.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Everyone may be wrong about Patrick Reed. His family may be bad and he may be a great guy.

Koepka has won 3 of the last 8 majors and gets no media love. It's crazy.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I’m stranded at a hotel in South Dakota for the day and possibly longer. The Masters watching will get me through this. Up to 2 feet of snow here with winds over 50 mph. It’s ugly but bring on the golf

Reactions: Cody Webster

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Hogan was hitting second shot wedges into 15 green at Augusta like Dustin Johnson does.

“The golf ball has gotten ridiculous. I have so many things on that,” Nicklaus said. “The golf ball from 1930 to about ’95 gained about six yards. From 1995 to 2005, about 15 yards, and that’s a big difference. Probably the organizations won’t tell you that, but that’s exactly about what happened.”

“We’d better start thinking. They are going to hit wedges to all the par-5s, and golf courses like St. Andrews, this marvelous golf course, is completely obsolete. They can drive probably six greens,” Player said. “So I don’t know where we’re going. And our leaders of such have got to get together now and form a ball for professionals that’s different to the amateurs. Let the amateurs have anything they’d like. … But we have got to stop this, otherwise it’s going to be a joke, in my opinion.”
Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus rail against the golf ball, green-reading books at the 2019 Masters

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
With all the BS around Tiglet after this meh round it is going to be awesome to see him fail again and then read all the crap about how this time it is different and he is definitely winning another major.

I understand it sells papers but you think some of these media scum would take a realistic view and call Tiglet for the piece of crap, garbage golfer he is.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
which are?

I got three but i knew there had to be more.

Its actually 13. I miscounted.

Siwanoy Country Club, Engineers Country Club, Inwood Country Club, Pelham Country Club, Salisbury Golf Club, Fresh Meadow Country Club, Pomonok Country Club, Winged Foot Golf Club, Baltusrol Golf Club, Bethpage Black, Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, Garden City Golf Club, Englewood Golf Club

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad