Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Had Fleetwood in my One-And-Done pool this week. Unbelievable after Stanley holes out for Eagle yest and then Oosthuizen rips of 6 birdies and an eagle in an 8 hole stretch to go from 2Down to 5Up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rory was the best player the first three days. He'll barely register a top 10.

Good win for Tiger. Taking down Rory in the form he's in should give him a boost.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
What a way to lose a hole by Sergio (missing a 4 inch putt because he can’t keep his emotions in check)

Last edited:

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Definitely not a good look. But I can certainly understand why he was so pissed...7 foot putt, maybe 3 inches of break towards his feet? Should expect to be batting .950 on those ones.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What a way to lose a hole by Sergio (missing a 4 inch putt because he can’t keep his emotions in check)

I don't like the spirit of this rule. This happens all the time where players quickly re-hit their putt, move their ball without marking, finish the hole of a putt that is going to be conceded before it actually is. Players are almost never penalized for it. I think I saw something like this once recently where it had any effect. It's rarely an issue because usually players don't miss from where Garcia did, but Kuchar shouldn't have to say its conceded. There is no way it wasn't going to be conceded. There should be common sense in the rules.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I don't like the spirit of this rule. This happens all the time where players quickly re-hit their putt, move their ball without marking, finish the hole of a putt that is going to be conceded before it actually is. Players are almost never penalized for it. I think I saw something like this once recently where it had any effect. That was from the Solheim Cup a few years back. That was worse than this. It's rarely an issue because usually players don't miss from where Garcia did, but Kuchar shouldn't have to say its conceded. There is no way it wasn't going to be conceded. There should be common sense in the rules.

I agree with you, and maybe Kuchar should have conceded the Garcia 7’ putt on the next hole in fairness.

But Garcia knows the rules and he has to keep his emotions in check.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The commentators way-overplayed that. This isn't a major.

Yeah. Glad that he didn't win that. Another ~36 holes tomorrow might be too many for an old guy with a bad neck and back.

He proved this week that he's in good enough form for Augusta, going further in this tournament won't make winning the Masters any more likely. Happy with the result.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah. Glad that he didn't win that. Another ~36 holes tomorrow might be too many for an old guy with a bad neck and back.

He proved this week that he's in good enough form for Augusta, going further in this tournament won't make winning the Masters any more likely. Happy with the result.

7 rounds in 5 days is a lot of golf for anyone.

I also don’t think anyone is beating Molinari the way he is playing.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Reviewing the players in the round of 16... don't think it was possible to end up with a less interesting final than Kuchar/Kisner. Maybe Kuchar/Casey. Either way, really disappointed.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
WGC’s aren’t working. Golf needs some big revisions to them.

I just think this match play format sucks all the excitement out of the week. The only solution is to make it not match play.

The WGCs are alright, I wish they had more PGA Tour players though. ~75 players each time with like ~20 of them being irrelevant European, Asian, and Japanese Tour guys isn't good. And I follow the European Tour quite a bit... some of the guys that somehow worm their way into the WGCs make me scratch my head. Tom Lewis should not be playing in tournaments like these.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just think this match play format sucks all the excitement out of the week. The only solution is to make it not match play.

The WGCs are alright, I wish they had more PGA Tour players though. ~75 players each time with like ~20 of them being irrelevant European, Asian, and Japanese Tour guys isn't good. And I follow the European Tour quite a bit... some of the guys that somehow worm their way into the WGCs make me scratch my head. Tom Lewis should not be playing in tournaments like these.

I dislike the schedule and some of these WGC courses. If you want to have a match play, make that the WGC China event during the offseason. Matchplay two weeks before a major is ridiculous. And that course in Mexico that they play the first one of the year on is a complete joke. I’m also not a fan of leaving the Akron venue.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
McDowell won the opposite field event. There's been a big swell of fan support behind him this year because the Open is being played in his hometown of Portrush. If he doesn't qualify, he should be given an exemption into the event. Major winner with a win this year and a very good career from a country with only a handful of major winners is deserving of an exemption.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
As Dr. John Carlson said above, this was probably the dullest match-up that could've happened. Nothing against Kuch and Kisner, they're both great players, but man I almost forgot about that match's existence.

The fact that players like Tiger, Rory, Phil, Speith, JT, Bubba, Brooks, and DJ all missed the final four really sucked a lot of energy out of the tourney for me personally. I would've liked to Moli in the finals too but Kisner was just a bit better than him today

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Friend texted me yesterday that he was able to score some tickets to Thursday's round at the Masters(he lives in Augusta) and wanted to know if I wanted to come down. I'm so pumped. When I visited him last year we drove past the course, but you basically can't see anything from the road. I'm so excited to actually get out on the course. Been to a few PGA Tour events over the years, but nothing like the f***ing Masters. Anyone that's been have any tips? I've read a couple of articles about the etiquette there, but other than that I'm pretty clueless.

Reactions: TB12

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Jake Owen told some unbelievable Phil, Sergio, Gretzky and Bryson stories on the Fore Play pod today. Hilarious interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad