Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, golf.tv.

The one I did is the $10 per month version IIRC, but I'll most likely be cancelling it before the end of my free trial since I don't think this one allows for full weekend coverage.

It's not at all clear what's actually offered for each version. The sign-up screen makes it look like the $10 per month version gives you full coverage of weekends, but their content availability page says that only the premium $20 per month version gives you late-window coverage on weekends. Should've gotten the free trial version of that one, maybe I'll make yet another fake email and get that sweet upgrade. Hopefully I'll remember to cancel it or else I'll be on the hook for a decent chunk of change every month...

I actually would've paid for PGA Tour Live. I signed up last summer when I learned they had the cbs telecasts, but they are almost always blacked out, and I'm not paying for just Thursday/Friday morning. I would pay $10 a month if they had something with Saturday and Sunday after the leaders tee off every weekend, but it seems not.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The new golf.tv?

im so tilted i was looking at the site and NOWHERE does it give the price. Tell me how much your service costs omg.

Also solid -2 from Tiger. He's like T15 if you remove all the people who massacred the north course.

Also -7 from jordan on the north course. @Pavel Buchnevich did u see how he played? Did he putt well or ballstriking carried him?

22 putts, 4 fairways.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
-2 on the much more difficult South Course is a solid start for Tiger.

Solid start, but when players the caliber of Rose and Rahm are 7 and 8 shots ahead after one round, its going to be tough to beat. Tiger gets the easier course tomorrow, but I think seeing the names of two big players at the top of the leaderboard makes Tiger and others that played the South today feel like they need to press, if they want to stay in this.

Its not that important that he wins this tournament. Getting a top 10 to start the season wouldn't be bad, but if he is going to contend, he probably needs a round in the mid/low 60's tomorrow.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ok round from Tiger today. Birdied the par 3, 3rd for just the 3rd time in his career. Also had a nice chip in for bird on the 4th. Too far back to win, but two, -2 rounds to start the year .

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There was a lot of criticism of the European Tour for docking Li two shots for his caddy being in his line while he began to stand over the ball on the 18th green.

I think the problem here is whether you are trying to penalize on intent or penalize on violations. These tours and governing bodies are often interpreting differently the rules they created. Why can't they come up with one interpretation? There are always going to be complaints, but it would get rid of a lot of them if they could all agree on whether they are penalizing on intent or penalizing on violating the laws of the game.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'm a big opponent of penalizing violations that are technically against the rules but aren't really in the spirit of the actual rule. Like when a play is called offside because a forward had their skate 3 inches off the ice over the blue line. Clearly that's not what the rule is meant to enforce. I remember Daniel Briere scoring against Pittsburgh in the 2012 ECQF where he was a mile offside, and he might not have gotten to the puck had he been onside... that's the type of play that the offside rule is supposed to prevent.

Same for this. I get the purpose of the rule and what it's supposed to prevent, but that Li penalty is just a technicality. Strictly interpreting the rule, it's illegal, but... it's not really illegal. The golfing equivalent of having your skate 3 inches off the ice over the blueline. I guess, then, that getting a two stroke penalty for having your ball roll a dimple due to high winds would be the equivalent of having your skate 2 inches off the ice. So many terrible rules in golf.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
An interview with Koepka Smash on slow play, acting tough once again, comes out the same day Bryson has to defend his slow play in winning easily in Dubai. They were unrelated situations, but if you read the quotes about the topic, there is such a contrast in likability between the two. Its staggering.

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Three-way tie at -7 after the first round between Fowler, JT and Varner.

I wonder how good this Matthew Wolff kid is going to end up. He posted a -4 today as an amateur. Pretty wild looking outside to in swing he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad