Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
I caught the last 9 or so holes of the TOC. Great round by Schauffele. He was playing great, other than the topped drive. Woodland looked average, but a five under Sunday with a three stroke lead to start is usually good, unlucky.

I couldn't help but be shocked by Rory's average play. Maybe it was just a bad round (during a good week??) but outside of his consistently poor putting, he didn't look good at all. I know it is only one round, but he wasn't good. His driving was long, but no more accurate then anyone else (not sure the stats on this). His wedges were poor and so was his short game and irons.

Other than the API last year when Faxon magically fixed his putting for one week and he won, he hasn't won since 2016. I have to wonder if he is going to regress toward mediocrity for the rest of his career. Will he just become a guy who guys 1-2 wins every season or so (which isn't bad in itself, but isn't superstar numbers) and maybe steals the occasional major? Or is this just because he is recently married or hangover from switching from Nike?

I know other posters here have commented on his poor wedges and whatnot in recent years, but I was honestly shocked he looked so subpar. I'm curious to see if this is his new norm, or if we will see 2014 Rory McIlroy again?

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Back 9 yesterday is all I caught as well of the tournament. Schauffele seems to be a likable guy. Wouldn't mind seeing him challenge the big guns this season.

Glad to have the real season underway.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl
Jan 3, 2012
Eh, I'm not going to make any judgements based on a vague article with no details. Who knows the real story?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So uncalled for. He would never call out the cheating that Mickelson, Woods and Singh have done for years because they are good and he'd get a lot of pushback, so he calls out someone who is a very average professional and has had this incident ruin his career.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Missed the weekend rounds of the Desert Classic but can't believe Adam Long got his first win. Very few professional golfers come out of St. Louis (I think just him and Langley right now) and finally making it to the PGA Tour and picking up a win at 31 is unreal.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Watching Morning Drive right now as they're at the PGA Show. They're interviewing the guy who does the impressions. Bridgestone just launched a commercial with him & Tiger. What a 9 months for that guy.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Couldn't resist getting that free 1 month trial of PGA Tour Live this week... too many months have passed since the last time Tiger was at a real event. Hungry for some Big Cat.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is there a worse pundit in sports than Hank Haney? Like everything he says is wrong. He got lucky that he worked for Tiger during his power+putting prime, so he's supposedly now an expert.

Jan 3, 2012
Couldn't resist getting that free 1 month trial of PGA Tour Live this week... too many months have passed since the last time Tiger was at a real event. Hungry for some Big Cat.

The new golf.tv?

im so tilted i was looking at the site and NOWHERE does it give the price. Tell me how much your service costs omg.

Also solid -2 from Tiger. He's like T15 if you remove all the people who massacred the north course.

Also -7 from jordan on the north course. @Pavel Buchnevich did u see how he played? Did he putt well or ballstriking carried him?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
im so tilted i was looking at the site and NOWHERE does it give the price. Tell me how much your service costs omg.

Yeah, golf.tv.

The one I did is the $10 per month version IIRC, but I'll most likely be cancelling it before the end of my free trial since I don't think this one allows for full weekend coverage.

It's not at all clear what's actually offered for each version. The sign-up screen makes it look like the $10 per month version gives you full coverage of weekends, but their content availability page says that only the premium $20 per month version gives you late-window coverage on weekends. Should've gotten the free trial version of that one, maybe I'll make yet another fake email and get that sweet upgrade. Hopefully I'll remember to cancel it or else I'll be on the hook for a decent chunk of change every month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->