Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Worst greens all year this week, but I don't know why all the top players aren't showing up this week to Pebble Beach. If I was a PGA Tour player, I would never play this tournament, except this year. You have at least one guaranteed practice round at the US Open venue, and maybe two.

I've read that the rough is up, although not completely US Open length yet and and the fairways were already brought in. The greens will be awful this week and very slow because of rain, so hopefully they are better in June.

They played the Amateur at Pebble last August, and the greens were not in good shape. They were deciding a lot of matches. June should be the best shape of all the months these tournaments take place, but the greens could definitely be an issue this year at the US Open.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can't decide who likes upsetting more fellow pros, Reed or Koepka.

"That's just Sergio acting like a child," Koepka said. "It's unfortunate that he's got to do that and complain. Everybody's got to play the same golf course. I didn't play very good, but you didn't really see anybody else doing that. You're 40 years old, so you've got to grow up eventually."To act like a child out there is not cool," Koepka said. "It's not setting a good example and it's not cool to us, showing us no respect or anybody else."

Brooks Koepka: Sergio Garcia 'acted like a child' in Saudi Arabia

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Just finished reading the Tiger book that came out last year. While it was detailed and covered a ton of topics/events throughout his life, I feel like it could have been 3x longer with more details that were probably left out.
I read it and agree with you, but was still surprised that the author got that much "inside" info for the book
for example, the stuff about Tiger's high school girlfriend.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
I read it and agree with you, but was still surprised that the author got that much "inside" info for the book
for example, the stuff about Tiger's high school girlfriend.

Definitely. It was kind of odd though because throughout the whole book & in the credits, they site everything they mentioned. But, it appeared it was all compiled from interviews he’d done over the years and conversations done with those closest to him. It doesn’t appear they ever sat down with Tiger himself for a first hand account. I feel like if you’re going to go through all of that, maybe do everything you can to get direct details from Tiger himself. Maybe he wasn’t ready for that, or maybe they did and he just said use everything from interviews, but I don’t recall him being one they thanked in the acknowledgements. Who knows.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Seems they're suspending play due to darkness. With 2 holes to go. :facepalm:

Looked pretty dark out there. Hilarious that Phil is obviously annoyed and Casey wanted to stop and CBS/Golf Channel is interviewing Phil while Casey is waiting for his interview and the headset listening in to what Phil says haha.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The caddie from Kuchar's win in Mexico is saying that Kuchar didn't even want to give him 5% of his winnings, which is what he asked for. He was offered less than 2%. Typically, caddies get 10%. Kuchar's agent comes off looking almost as bad as Kuchar with his responses to this. Same agent as TW. That guy year after year makes Tiger look so bad. I have no clue why he still employs him. Kuchar shouldn't either. I wouldn't doubt Steinberg advised Kuchar on what to pay the caddie.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Turned on Golf Channel this morning right in time for the start of the PGA Tour Live coverage and 20 min they blow the horn. Then they said the rain would only last an hour. 4.5 hours later still stopped and they are apparently reseting the scores for the few golfers that started out this morning. Spieth's only shot went way left and he looked pretty pissed when they blew the horn. Phil wanted to finish the hole and went bunker, bunker, bunker, hole out for par haha.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Turned on Golf Channel this morning right in time for the start of the PGA Tour Live coverage and 20 min they blow the horn. Then they said the rain would only last an hour. 4.5 hours later still stopped and they are apparently reseting the scores for the few golfers that started out this morning. Spieth's only shot went way left and he looked pretty pissed when they blew the horn. Phil wanted to finish the hole and went bunker, bunker, bunker, hole out for par haha.

I think they had to reset the scores once they suspended play.

They were letting them play in the rain, but then all of a sudden decided they were suspending play for conditions that were the same when they decided to initially allow to them to play.

If the course drained better, I would say that they should've never suspended play, and those players get the rough end of the draw. But considering the course doesn't drain well and they shouldn't have been on a course that wouldn't be playable after a couple of hours, the PGA Tour had to reset scores because there was no reason for the players to be out on the course in the first place when they knew what the weather would be. There was nothing that prompted a change. It was poorly thought out by the Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad