Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
OMG it's like Ryder Cup Tiger vs Ryder Cup Phil. The golf we're seeing is awful!

And this hole reminds me of the par 3 course I played is a kid when I was first starting to learn the game.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
All I heard was the stream broke so you could watch it for free (even if you paid for it) and they played a fake hole to determine who won.

Reactions: Hadoop
Jan 3, 2012
Ok, now that the Tiger-Phil match is over we need the REAL match. Here are some rough rules.

Tiger vs John Daly. 18 hole match play. Will be played without shirts or shoes. Each golfer must drink atleast 6 tallcans of beer between 30-60 minutes before tee-off. All side challenges will be made in terms of the loser having to shotgun x # of beers or shots of hard liqour.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They’ve been doing these matches between top players for over 50 years. This is Shells Wonderful World of Golf with a different name.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Last I checked Tiger was in last place. In the past he probably would of left the facility or gave a 30 second interview. Different Tiger now. Had a great interview and was as candid as I've seen him. Believe it or not I'm starting to arm up to the guy.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Anyone watch ESPN special, Return of the Roar? I'm ready to run through a wall. So pumped for Tiget and 2019

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
nooooo i want to but dont have that channel. Online link?
I'm sure you can find it somewhere

Played golf today as it was 55 degrees here on New year's day. Came the closest I've ever been to a hole in one.

Attachments

• IMG_20190101_114956.jpg
    IMG_20190101_114956.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 4

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
So in honour of the start of another year, and because of my need to look back on my past predictions to see if I was right or wrong, I'm gonna toss up some predictions here for 2019.

Last year I said that the top-5 OWGR point earners would be Spieth, DJ, Rahm, Day, and Koepka. Spieth was a big disappointment, Day started excellently but drifted away, and Rahm was close yet just didn't quite reach that top level. DJ was on the money though, and Koepka ended up being a very nice guess (it ended up being Bryson, Rose, Koepka, DJ, JT in that order). This year... I'll go Koepka and DJ as locks. Spieth will have a bounceback year. I became sold on Thomas as a top-tier player this year and I imagine he'll stay great so he's one. I'll take Fleetwood to round it out.

For majors, I'm gonna need a lot more sucking from Spieth before I stop picking him to win at Augusta. My other three picks at majors are very obvious so I need a token sleeper pick... US Opens always favour good drivers, so I'll go Billy Horschel, who's suddenly decent again. f*** it, I'll take Tiger at Royal Portrush because I feel like the Open is generally his best shot to win a major at this point. Finally, Koepka will bomb and gouge his way to another major at the PGA.

I don't care at all about the President's Cup but I'll guess what the team will be: Tiger, Spieth, DJ, JT, Koepka, Horschel, Rickie, Bryson, Finau, Bubba, Reed. Daniel Berger will get the last spot on points because the St. Jude is now a WGC for some reason and that's the only place that he wins at.

Couple more small ones.... biggest positive surprise will be Danny Willett, biggest negative surprise will be Patrick Cantlay. Patty Reed will get his yearly win sometime in the late summer + a top 10 at the PGA to cement his spot on the President's Cup team, much to everyone's chagrin. Bryson won't win this year. Finau still won't win this year. Henrik Stenson will win twice. Justin Thomas ends the year as #1 and spends most of the year there. I guess that's all.

Also, a quick reminder because I completely forgot until now, but the PGA Championship is in May now. That's gonna be a weird adjustment.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Schauffele is the sixth ranked player in the world. :laugh:

If you told me he was the 16th ranked player in the world, I would say that sounds too high.

Thomas has become really good at playing average golf and finishing top five consistently. Not many are capable of that. Usually only the elite players historically.

Edit: Golf Channel is now comparing Schauffele and Thomas.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad