Golf: All purpose golf discussion (The PGA Tour’s 2019-20 schedule in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
With DeChambeau and Reed 1 & 2 in the WGC I don’t know who to cheer for (or against).

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
How slow is this last group in the WGC; a full hole and a half behind (they are hitting their approach shots on 16 while the next group just hit their tee shots on 18).

That next group (that is way ahead) includes DeChambeau.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
How slow is this last group in the WGC; a full hole and a half behind (they are hitting their approach shots on 16 while the next group just hit their tee shots on 18).

That next group (that is way ahead) includes DeChambeau.

They had a slow ruling on 13 when JT's ball moved while he was preparing to play it. Took about 10 minutes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Props to Reed. He's widely hated, but does seem to play extremely well when he gets the hate that he does.

I think this'll qualify him automatically for the Ryder Cup. Not a chance he would've been picked had he not qualified on his own, so this is a big win for him and extremely bad for the American team to have to deal with his antics at Whistling Straits.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wolf, Morikawa and Hovland have now all won on the PGA Tour less than a year after turning pro. Very impressive. Let's see which of them can elevate their games, and get into that top tier.

Right now, Wolf is struggling. Morikawa looks like the best of the three currently, in my opinion, between the results he gets and his game. I think Hovland is the second best. Wolf has high upside, but needs a lot of work on his game. He hits it long and pretty straight and isn't a bad putter, but has very little touch. Hovland also struggles the closer he gets to the green, but is potentially elite TTG. Morikawa is by far the most well-rounded of the three, and is a phenomenal iron player. I'm going with Morikawa among the three for best career. Reminds me some of Hunter Mahan before his game fell off. If he maximizes his ceiling, maybe something around Justin Rose is possible.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
With DeChambeau and Reed 1 & 2 in the WGC I don’t know who to cheer for (or against).
I surprisingly found myself pulling for Reed
a) I wanted to see it get interesting down the stretch and that meant a choke & b) Bryson seems like a much bigger d-bag than Reed by a longshot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Too bad he can't putt. He's now two down. Every time I've looked up at the TV and he was putting, he missed looking perplexed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would not be opposed to the PGA Tour making a mulligan rule when something like this happens. You can't be allowing fans to directly influence the tournament.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Interested to see a Rory/Im pairing today on a course that is playing very tough.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Morikawa now has the current most consecutive cuts lead on the PGA Tour. It stretches all the way back to his debut. He’s never missed a cut in his career.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Rory has truly been awful in final rounds recently. He'd be winning nearly every week if he had the mental capacity in the business end of tournaments that prime Tiger did.

Overall though, the course conditions have been brutal this entire week at Bay Hill

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Pretty fun to watch the pros get challenged out there two weeks in a row. Rory has a Sunday problem.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Rory has truly been awful in final rounds recently. He'd be winning nearly every week if he had the mental capacity in the business end of tournaments that prime Tiger did. ...
Except for Jack and Tiger, no one had that. Tiger to enter World Golf Hall of Fame in 2021

Pretty fun to watch the pros get challenged out there two weeks in a row. Rory has a Sunday problem.
I call that a "Mickelson/Norman 1st on Saturday, 2nd on Sunday problem". ;)

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Afternoon wave played considerably tougher than the morning wave at the Players.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mentally preparing myself for the Masters to be cancelled. Could be tough to accept.

I think they’ll just postpone it, which wouldn’t be that terrible, but with how the Green Jackets operate, they might refuse to reschedule it for another week. They are so arrogant and would not be above doing something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad