All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIII: Let's Get These Threads Back On The Rail(s)

Best Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

We have gone from cops "detaining" reporters this morning to now having cops SHOOTING at reporters and news crews with rubber bullets/pepper spray just 'because'.

That looked like pepper spray balls directed at the camera man. I want to see more of the lead up but first impression is that sure looked bad.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
We went in for a screen test for Naked & Afraid, but were ultimately turned down.

They said they would have to blur the entire screen.
Kinda like when I was a kid and we tried to watch HBO:laugh:

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Im not defending what the dude did - but him and his family are going to be crucified in public.

He’s going to be the sacrificial lamb for a larger issue. Just hope people don’t lose focus of the bigger picture and purely focus on him.
And now all the looting by idiots who just want an excuse to rob a store.

Protesting I get. Looting is BS.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
The Eastern Roman Empire.

Or just, "The Roman Empire" as they were known at the time.

The HRE was put out of its idiotic, fraudulent misery by Napoleon.
Wasn't that the Byzantine Empire or did they die out earlier?

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Im not defending what the dude did - but him and his family are going to be crucified in public.

He’s going to be the sacrificial lamb for a larger issue. Just hope people don’t lose focus of the bigger picture and purely focus on him.
Apparently the cop and the guy that died used to work at the same bar. It's not totally clear they knew each other but I wonder if they did and the cop was trying to settle a score.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
"Byzantine Empire" was the name given to the Roman Empire by Western historians who liked to pretend that Rome died and there wasn't a superpower sitting next to Europe for centuries.
Okay now that that's cleared up I'll toast to their demise.

Should I be sad, happy or indifferent?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Sad. This is sad.
Gotcha. I'm going to steal MSE's thunder
unnamed (2).gif

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I have only been there once and I won't go back. I didn't get it. It's the Reddit of fast food places.
I went to Chipotle a few times with an ex. She loved the place. Me? After a lifetime of playing drums (about 20 years of that without earplugs) and being in the Army, I could never hear a damn thing the people behind the counter were saying to me over the music they had jacked up in the place with concrete walls and glass making everything echo.

I'm the 40 something who could star in a Miracle Ear commercial. "What'd he say?" The food was ok, but via my current girlfriend I found a better burrito place.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Interesting quote. Not going into whether right or wrong.

“Rome burns when there is no circus to entertain”.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Love me some wilderness shows but I never know how much of that to take seriously. When everything is made overly dramatic it kind of ruins it. Although the old episodes I used to watch the weight loss was obviously legit.

Survivorman by Les Stroud is an older show but the guy films himself. No cam crew. It’s more subtle but I’d highly recommend.
Les was a bad ass mofo. If I remember correctly, he stopped doing the show because it was taking too much of a mental toll on him. He made "Hotel" Bear Grylls look like a chump.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Seeing a lot of stuff on Social Media that Philly is gonna have a protest(probably riot) tomorrow. Stay home, lock-up, stay safe.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Kinda like when I was a kid and we tried to watch HBO:laugh:
I learned how to make out boobage through the squiggily lines of the playboy channel. We used to have the a and b switch in the back before they had the cable box. My dad then got a hot box with one of those chips that descrambled everything including nudie channels...it was great because my dad had no clue how to lock the channels. The joys of having immigrant parents ...

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Apparently the cop and the guy that died used to work at the same bar. It's not totally clear they knew each other but I wonder if they did and the cop was trying to settle a score.

I hear their shifts even overlapped. If he knew him, his charge should be upgraded to 1st degree.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Must be nice...

Meanwhile in America...over 100k deaths, race riots, adolescent divisive and incompetent leadership, conspiracy theorists, gun toting jackasses, companies stealing and not paying taxes, and a for profit healthcare system that remains expensive, inequitable, full of holes with coverage and was just all around unprepared.

How Germany tackled the coronavirus: 9 people tell us they are thankful for good leadership and a robust health system

The 2 countries have gone in complete opposite directions since the Berlin Wall came down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad