All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIII: Let's Get These Threads Back On The Rail(s)

Best Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Funny you say that I'm watching Naked and Afraid in Panama:DD

Love me some wilderness shows but I never know how much of that to take seriously. When everything is made overly dramatic it kind of ruins it. Although the old episodes I used to watch the weight loss was obviously legit.

Survivorman by Les Stroud is an older show but the guy films himself. No cam crew. It’s more subtle but I’d highly recommend.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I got worried when this timeline of exposure to a COVID case in Missouri came across my timeline.

Thankfully he seems ok, but they sound like places he would hang out and grab some beers.

(Please don't murder me.)

The three worst things in the universe are pineapple on pizza, Jake Fromm, and the word "haters."

My MIL loves it too. She's a very nice woman. Everyone has faults.
So the Gator haters want to see Jake Fromm back eating more pineapple pizza at UGA. Sounds about right:thumbu:

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Pineapple on pizza. Might as well slap some shit on your hands and give a good lick.

Hate crime against flavour.
What can I say I'm a neanderthal
CAVEMAN-PIZZA-2JPG.jpeg

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Love me some wilderness shows but I never know how much of that to take seriously. When everything is made overly dramatic it kind of ruins it. Although the old episodes I used to watch the weight loss was obviously legit.

Survivorman by Les Stroud is an older show but the guy films himself. No cam crew. It’s more subtle but I’d highly recommend.
Survivor Man was the best.

I'm sure there is stuff going on off camera but some of the suffering these people do IMO is legit. I just don't see any way a person gets covered head to 'Big' toe in insect bites and it's a charade.

Now Man versus Wild was definitely sketchy.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think there's a distinction here: Cops face far more stress on the job than garbagemen do. Which in turn can make their job more dangerous than need be because a stressed cop worn thin might escalate a situation that could've been handled better, or otherwise just make a wrong choice because of what they've dealt with.

It's a very stressful job that will inevitably have them seeing things that are hard to see, and unless they're devoid of empathy the constant march to the same battered women calling in abuse only to refuse help also takes a toll. And constantly dealing with dishonest, devious, violent people can make you jaded and bleak, which doesn't help the mindset.

There are jobs that are more dangerous and deadly than being a cop, but the stresses that go with being a cop can be rather unique. I've never seen this done before and it's a while since I've searched for it, but I wonder how many of the veterans who commit suicide are also on police forces. Piling more PTSD on top of existing PTSD to get a more well-rounded PTSD portfolio cannot be good.

Good point and applicable to everything happening today. They are only human. Stress is a bad bad thing. It’s meant to be there on occasion. Some have to have it often leading to physical and mental damage as well as burnout.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Guess heat and humidity doesn't stop COVID.

It’s obviously more complicated than that. Southern America is having less of an issue as the colder states. I think Brazil’s big issue is the slums and their social system around that. They have a TON of people in the slums that are stacked on top of each other and have to work or go hungry. So they get it and spread it inside out and outside in. UV light, heat, humidity definitely have a mitigating effect. Just can’t say to what extent.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
the New Hampshire State police stopped 3 people doing over 100 on 95 in New Hampshire and many more over 90. Is driving that fast a thing further south on 95?

The NJ Turnpike is part of I-95, and it’s crazy. You get your share of maniacs going through Philly too, although I don’t get down that far south much anymore.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Used to love Survivorman and Mantracker! For those who want to see what Mantracker is about:

mantracker full episodes - YouTube

Reactions: Asnito

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Used to love Survivorman and Mantracker! For those who want to see what Mantracker is about:

mantracker full episodes - YouTube

Mantracker was great but the editing sometimes got me. The dramatic music and sometimes simulating them to be a lot closer to each other than they actually are.

Still tho. Very cool show. Would have loved to try it!

Reactions: Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Good point and applicable to everything happening today. They are only human. Stress is a bad bad thing. It’s meant to be there on occasion. Some have to have it often leading to physical and mental damage as well as burnout.

Unfortunately there are also straight up bad people and a lack of accountability to boot. Especially since infiltration of law enforcement is an actual goal of various nationalist groups as a means of pursuing their ends.

Which just makes it harder and far more stressful for the good ones. I have several friends who are or were police officers, and they tell me that trying to do your job while dealing with the bad ones in a way that doesn't get you fired or put in a hell of retribution can be just as stressful as the regular policing job. Every department has at least one guy nobody wants to be on a call with because he maxes out their chances of making the national news or getting killed.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
N&A are doing a new couples series and I heard a rumour that @Tripod and his wife put in an application. The validity of that I can't vouch for but if true oh my:eek:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

We have gone from cops "detaining" reporters this morning to now having cops SHOOTING at reporters and news crews with rubber bullets/pepper spray just 'because'.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Also while it's still May 29, can we all pour one out for the Roman Empire. It's the 567th anniversary of its fall.
My history is a little fuzzy but are you talking the Holy Roman Empire or the Byzantine Empire?

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Man....sorry to see all this shit going on in Minny and other cities. Just awful.

Im not defending what the dude did - but him and his family are going to be crucified in public.

He’s going to be the sacrificial lamb for a larger issue. Just hope people don’t lose focus of the bigger picture and purely focus on him.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad