Is Mayonnaise An Instrument?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hostile? It's vague at best.
You’re walking with your kid and someone says that you’re not going to like what they do unless you leave. That’s a threat.
If he didn’t intend it as a threat he would have phrased it to be less intentionally vague.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Give me an idea of time period. For example, if they're from 1988ish to 1996, they're not worth the time to look through. You couldn't get $5 for a 5,000 ct box.
I grabbed a handful and most were somewhere between 1993 and 1998.

Some of them are in sleeves/plastic but I don't know if they're for a reason. I tried to look them up a few years back but didn't have much luck.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Good luck! In general, LeBron RCs are worth grading if you expect to get a 9+ or getting it slabbed has value as authentic. Usually, but not always, an 8 sells for around what a nice raw copy does.

If you still have them, some of them are worth a fortune. There are also so many in the $20-200 range that it's impossible to list them all. It adds up fast.

I got out of the game a long time ago - around Mirage/Visions/Weatherlight(?) I guess. Between my brother and I we had a couple of the Moxes, 2 of the 3 big blues and some of the really nice older stuff (Juzzams, Demonics, etc).

I've toyed with the idea of getting back in as I have a few friends that do a 'game night' occasionally, but i fear i won't be able to accept just being a 'casual' player.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Some of them are in sleeves/plastic but I don't know if they're for a reason. I tried to look them up a few years back but didn't have much luck.
If I’m not mistaken, for after 88, it has to be a huge player and a good insert to be worthwhile.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If I’m not mistaken, for after 88, it has to be a huge player and a good insert to be worthwhile.
f34cf210fb4601cf59e044252bbb04aa.png

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I got out of the game a long time ago - around Mirage/Visions/Weatherlight(?) I guess. Between my brother and I we had a couple of the Moxes, 2 of the 3 big blues and some of the really nice older stuff (Juzzams, Demonics, etc).

I've toyed with the idea of getting back in as I have a few friends that do a 'game night' occasionally, but i fear i won't be able to accept just being a 'casual' player.

Don't look at prices of power 9 and such. You won't be happy. That's the "mom threw out my baseball cards" of that generation of kids.

I play Vintage, which is the only thing that still allows Moxen, Time Walk, etc. Almost no one plays it. I just got lucky that I still have it all. They probably play Commander, which can be done cheaply or expensively. But even the cheap decks can be very good.

Don't even worry about it. Unless you've got one of a few specific Thornton RCs in there, it's not worth the time to dig through. It would have been in a case of some sort as they were always the most valuable things in the set.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Don't look at prices of power 9 and such. You won't be happy. That's the "mom threw out my baseball cards" of that generation of kids.

I play Vintage, which is the only thing that still allows Moxen, Time Walk, etc. Almost no one plays it. They probably play Commander, which can be done cheaply or expensively. But even the cheap decks can be very good.

Don't even worry about it. Unless you've got one of a few specific Thornton RCs in there, it's not worth the time to dig through. It would have been in a case of some sort as they were always the most valuable things in the set.

Yeah, I havent paid attention to the prices in a long time. I got more when i sold them than what i paid for them, so i'm comfortable on that front. The rest of the cards maybe not so much, but i chalk that up as the cost of playing. If i lost a few hundred (thousand?) bucks over the course of a few years, but had a good time using them, it balances out for me.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yeah, I havent paid attention to the prices in a long time. I got more when i sold them than what i paid for them, so i'm comfortable on that front. The rest of the cards maybe not so much, but i chalk that up as the cost of playing. If i lost a few hundred (thousand?) bucks over the course of a few years, but had a good time using them, it balances out for me.

Um. The latter. Feel free to skip the numbers in the spoiler.

A very nice Beta Lotus is about 40k. A Beta Sapphire is around 12k. 10k for Ancestral, etc. You can knock of 20% or so for Ex instead of NM.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Found two things worth slightly more than nothing. :laugh: Not amazing, but hey....

1998-99 Upper Deck - Frozen in Time - Die-Cut Quantum #FT11 - Patrick Roy /1000

98-99 1998-99 BE A PLAYER GUY HEBERT GOLD AUTOGRAPH AUTO 4 ANAHEIM DUCKS | eBay

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Give me an idea of time period. For example, if they're from 1988ish to 1996, they're not worth the time to look through. You couldn't get $5 for a 5,000 ct box.

I still have my old collection and I dabble here and there, but I won't even sniff at any cards made after 1975 for baseball or after 1980 for football or hockey. The breaking of the Topps monopoly turned my collecting experience from a passion to a business, and that's when I bailed. Inserts, refractors, jerseys, autograph cards, etc. may be valuable, but nothing beat breaking open a pack of 1974s, knowing that was the only card in town. The smell of the razor-sharp gum, the weight of the wax packs in your hand like precious gold wafers, and seeing Hank Aaron or Pete Rose or Reggie Jackson when you flipped over the stack was something on which I could never place a price. Completing a set organically, over many weeks, was an accomplishment I could not enjoy today when I could just order a pallet. I didn't touch non-sports cards. Well, except for the KISS cards. I still have those, but what 6th grade kid didn't back in the day?

Reactions: Asnito and Defect

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
If it makes you feel any better, I came back from a convention right around Weatherlight release with an entire binder full of Power and Beta staples I traded for including 2 pages (18) of Unlimited Lotuses. But I sold it all. I could retire on what that would be worth today. :laugh:
Hunting down JoJo's old binder sounds like a multi part arc for the YouTube!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If it makes you feel any better, I came back from a convention right around Weatherlight release with an entire binder full of Power and Beta staples I traded for including 2 pages (18) of Unlimited Lotuses. But I sold it all. I could retire on what that would be worth today. :laugh:

Good grief. This is why i cant get into this now - i don't think id be able to just 'enjoy' the game like i used to. Id get too caught up card hunting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad