• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I’m enjoying good scotch (my first ever, Dewars White Label at beefs suggestion) and a weird ass book on the porch on a slightly rainy day.

643D8EB5-EE75-439A-BE46-61652287BAC3.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Smart minds think alike. I already have the threaded adapter and the 45° fitting ready to hook up

Genius.

I do appreciate the table. I started getting into small woodworking projects before I decided to go back to school and destroy all free time and hobbies so I haven't gone anywhere with it. A quick project I will do when this is all over is getting some magnets, including one really strong one, and using them to hold a piece of nice wood with a bottle opener on my beer fridge. The strong magnet goes in the back and is used to catch falling bottle caps through the wood as they try to fall past it.

Someday.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Genius.

I do appreciate the table. I started getting into small woodworking projects before I decided to go back to school and destroy all free time and hobbies so I haven't gone anywhere with it. A quick project I will do when this is all over is getting some magnets, including one really strong one, and using them to hold a piece of nice wood with a bottle opener on my beer fridge. The strong magnet goes in the back and is used to catch falling bottle caps through the wood as they try to fall past it.

Someday.
I need to find a place that sells better wood than pine, aka depot.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I’m enjoying good scotch (my first ever, Dewars White Label at beefs suggestion) and a weird ass book on the porch on a slightly rainy day.

View attachment 347442
I was so focused on the scotch (shocking right?), I missed the book. Excellent read! I’m assuming you read the 3 Dune novels that preceded it? If not, it’s going to be a difficult story to follow.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I need to find a place that sells better wood than pine, aka depot.

Do you have a Woodcraft store near you? The place is a paradise and they sell higher quality stuff.

The last thing i was working on before I had to go on hiatus was a shooting board, and unfortunately I was making it out of Home Depot oak so it has a nasty twist that I couldn't plane out after hours and hours. I think I have to junk it as not being worth the damned time put in, and needed in addition.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Dewars is ok, one of the better blends. Now I need to introduce you to the world of single malt.
Like beef said, this is a good place for a beginner. I took one look at the price of Macallans and went running. I didn’t want to blow money on a good scotch and find I don’t like scotch.

I was so focused on the scotch (shocking right?), I missed the book. Excellent read! I’m assuming you read the 3 Dune novels that preceded it? If not, it’s going to be a difficult story to follow.

Yeah I’m not fond of hopping in a series midway through. I read the first couple im middle school before losing interest. I figured I’d give them another go as an adult. Im glad I did, although I’m not sure I’m up to finishing the last two right now. I’ll need to detox with something quick and light for now. I actually loaned my copy of dune to a friend who hadn’t read it, but I have 2 and 3 close at hand. Bonus points if you find the typo!

E1955094-82EE-4551-B9A9-222EB54995F5.jpeg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Do you have a Woodcraft store near you? The place is a paradise and they sell higher quality stuff.

The last thing i was working on before I had to go on hiatus was a shooting board, and unfortunately I was making it out of Home Depot oak so it has a nasty twist that I couldn't plane out after hours and hours. I think I have to junk it as not being worth the damned time put in, and needed in addition.
Seems like its about an hour out..do they ship?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Like beef said, this is a good place for a beginner. I took one look at the price of Macallans and went running. I didn’t want to blow money on a good scotch and find I don’t like scotch.

Yeah I’m not fond of hopping in a series midway through. I read the first couple im middle school before losing interest. I figured I’d give them another go as an adult. Im glad I did, although I’m not sure I’m up to finishing the last two right now. I’ll need to detox with something quick and light for now. I actually loaned my copy of dune to a friend who hadn’t read it, but I have 2 and 3 close at hand. Bonus points if you find the typo!

View attachment 347449
Both labeled book two

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

View attachment 347449
Found it. “Children” is book 3, not book 2

edit: late

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I've advised him that Macallan is the safest and best step into that world, but a more affordable one is sampling Mcllelland. Thoughts?

Plus Macallan sets an unreasonable standard for many other brands to meet.

I liked Highland Park and Oban, but prices rising and income declining has put that firmly in my past.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I've advised him that Macallan is the safest and best step into that world, but a more affordable one is sampling Mcllelland. Thoughts?

Plus Macallan sets an unreasonable standard for many other brands to meet.
Typically I would recommend a Glenlivet or Glenmorangie as an affordable introduction to smooth scotch.

Macallan rules all, so I often just also recommend it anyway. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad