Favorite Type Of Goldfish

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Haha sorry man, but that’s just inaccurate. Like anything in nature, burn faster and drop faster. When you take measures to slow things down it will just prolong whatever it is you are dealing with. I don’t know what to tell you. Plenty of plots of past flus where nothing was locked down and there is a clear peak and drop. There will be a lingering infection rate from the counties like New Zealand vs if there was a country that had herd immunity. Either way, best to keep the curve down.

No, that's just not how diseases this contagious work.

Flus work differently. They have distinct seasons. On top of that, flus are controlled via vaccines and treatment methods. What we are seeing so far with this is that it doesn't care so much about seasons and there aren't vaccines and treatment is still being sorted out. This is not the flu. It is not a controllable disease yet. It's also far more contagious than the flu which makes that comparison even more useless.

You should be comparing it to past uncontrolled diseases. Polio created annual lockdowns to control it before there was a vaccine; nobody was monstrous enough to just "let it peak" and hope it got tired of crippling and killing children, or ran out of children to afflict. The 2nd wave of the Black Death lasted briefly compared to the 1st wave because this neat idea of quarantine and lockdown was used, which limited spread and didn't allow it to be a 2 century-long multi-generational event like the 1st wave. The 1st wave didn't stop just because it peaked. It just went on and on and on.

Peaking alone isn't what makes a disease stop. Letting it peak in the false assumption that it will magically stop isn't ever a superior method. It's a brutal and evil means of facing a deadly disease. And finally, it seems you've arrived at this conclusion using an image that isn't close to being meant for what you've used it for. When a disease isn't controlled and you just "let it peak" it doesn't hit a handy high and then drop. It'll hit that high and stay there. It will still go on for a long time, far longer than if you're trying to control it. It will do far more damage. It will kill far more, directly and indirectly. If you want a pandemic to stop, you have to take action to stop it. Letting it run its course is 2nd century methodology. We've learned some since then.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You can be one... you just need to get arrested for masturbating in an Uber in California.

Thems the rules.

You're also allowed to make a documentary about a dictator in Africa and go viral but you too have to get caught masturbating in California.

You aint lived til you masturbated in a SoCal uber, trust me.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

The only thing wrong with that video is that they think Huskies need to be taught how to cause trouble. This is not true, they are born with that instinct. This particular chair was pushed up against the bookshelf (which had un-chewed up books on it) when I left for work that morning.

full

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It would likely be 3 times more.

Basically what is happening is exactly what was predicted. Everyone with common sense said if social distancing and closing non-essential businesses actually works, it will feel to some that it was an overreaction. They arent intelligent enough to put 2 and 2 together.

The eternal bane of emergency managers.

Back in 1980 residents bitterly complained that restrictions and evacuations around Mt St Helens were overblown and an overreaction. Despite the fact that the danger wasn't passed, they whined until restrictions were eased. Many of those people were obliterated when it erupted.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Especially since we still have no vaccine for MERS and SARS either...

Ofc COVID spreads a LOT more than those two.

But places like New Zealand, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, UAE, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Estonia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Portugal, Israel etc. have shown that it is possible to get "under control" with robust testing, tracking and tracing.

If New Zealand, Australia, Iceland, Cyprus, Malta, Norway, Czech Republic and Denmark just closed their border from this point forward they would likely never have to worry about it again, and had very few deaths really... Though ofc that cannot happen.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I love business, as you all know, but sheeeesh.

American billionaires got $434 billion richer during the pandemic

America’s billionaires saw their fortunes soar by $434 billion during the U.S. lockdown between mid-March and mid-May, according to a new report.

Amazon’s Jeff Bezos and Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg had the biggest gains, with Bezos adding $34.6 billion to his wealth and Zuckerberg adding $25 billion, according to the report from Americans for Tax Fairness and the Institute for Policy Studies’ Program for Inequality. The report is based on Forbes data for America’s more than 600 billionaires between March 18, when most states were in lockdown, and May 19.

The billionaire gains highlight how the coronavirus pandemic has rewarded the largest and most tech-focused companies, even as the economy and labor force grapples with the worst economic crisis in recent history.

According to the report, the net worth of America’s billionaires grew 15% during the two-month period, to $3.382 trillion from $2.948 trillion. The biggest gains were at the top of the billionaire pyramid, with the richest five billionaires -- Bezos, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Warren Buffett, and Larry Ellison -- seeing combined wealth gains of $76 billion.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Chinatown88 My last call was so pointless that I played a game. Let me tell you something -- Pos 4 Sniper is legit and entirely too much fun. As soon as you get Aghs, you're walking, cackling cancer in pixel form.
I detest you participating in this meme. Just cause Team Secret makes it work doesn't mean it works in every damn pub.

Edit. I was having a decent green steak playing unranked. The past couple of days have been red as fck. Damn forced 50 percent win rate.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
From what we know of the virus, death doesn’t usually occur until around day 10 from the cytokine storm. That day 10 starts from when pts have symptoms which is anywhere from 3 weeks in northern China right now to 4 days. So even if it’s 4 days, that’s 4 day latent period + 10 days till people tank. 14 days till you tank from exposure. So 2 weeks from feb 6 is Jan 23. This was just a couple of normal older people. No one travelled or had known exposure to people that traveled. So someone else gave it to them more than likely. I’m sure it was there in early January at the latest. NY doesn’t have a 20% antibody rate from lockdown. It’s more logical they got it before the lockdown. The first cases in China that were documented were around November. With limited people knowing it at the time. Once we all get antibody testing I’m sure it will be a lot more clear than putting parts together now.

You can extrapolate what you want, but you should not speak as if there is hard evidence from your theories. If you are going to cite something that you are using as the basis for your opinion is vastly different then citing it as a fact.you and everyone else should hold themselves to that standard.

You are trying to manipulate data to reinforces the way you feel. This is a standard result of conformation bias.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The only thing wrong with that video is that they think Huskies need to be taught how to cause trouble. This is not true, they are born with that instinct. This particular chair was pushed up against the bookshelf (which had un-chewed up books on it) when I left for work that morning.

full
That's a pretty boy

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Is this a joke?

No. Disease that peaks vs disease that lingers. It’s pretty simple.

You also have to consider how expotential growth occurs.
The first few weeks, starting from a few infected individuals, you don't have large numbers of infected, which is what we saw in January and February, as a Seattle study showed, testing flu samples, there was almost no one infected in Seattle in February.

Thread by @trvrb: There is a lot of Twitter chatter surrounding a rumor that circulation of #COVID19 in California in fall 2019 has resulted in herd immunity.…

I’ve thought about that too. You would expect more deaths earlier on. But if people were dying from heart attack, stroke, pneumonia without it being known as covid then that could explain it. There are still cases that people are 100%. It really didn’t get discovered here until that nursing home and everyone dying there.

Friend of mine and her family had illness that seems classic for covid from cough right down to the post covid syndrome kids are getting. She was sick mid February in the greater philly area.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
You can be one... you just need to get arrested for masturbating in an Uber in California.

Thems the rules.

You're also allowed to make a documentary about a dictator in Africa and go viral but you too have to get caught masturbating in California.
Can I be an heir of a bounce house documentary if I get caught doing so in an Uber in California?

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad