Nov 13, 2013

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Biden just said he was going to beat Joe Biden in the primary, and in another instance told a black dude that he wasn’t black if he wasn’t voting for him.
Biden is one of the worst choices the Democratic Party could have went with imo.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It literally says that when combined with zinc patients had a much better rate of survival.

Yes, but maybe zinc alone would be just as effective? This is why you need careful testing protocols.
The higher death rate makes it clear that any potential benefit is outweighed by potential harm.
This is why you don't rush into a "miracle cure" but do careful testing to ensure the cure isn't worse than the disease.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The suicide issue is complex, and there is no data right now.

Economic hardship could cause an increase, but it depends on the recovery, opening up a couple weeks faster will probably have zero impact one way or another (and if it leads to a second wave, could make things worse), a prolonged slump (years in duration) will have a substantial impact.

Is the Pandemic Sparking Suicide?

Reactions: Rebels57

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Biden just said he was going to beat Joe Biden in the primary, and in another instance told a black dude that he wasn’t black if he wasn’t voting for him.
Biden is one of the worst choices the Democratic Party could have went with imo.

He clearly said, "I have a record of over 40 years, and that I am going to be Joe Biden. Look at my record." in reference to a question about him moving to the Sanders/Warren left on policies.

Anyone who is already delusional about the current political process can hear "beat" all that want, but get out of here when people are trying to compare this to Trumps current inability to speak the English language at a basic level on a regular basis. One doesn't even need to look further than the past 24 hours to find him having a major issue speaking coherent words. He just got caught in a loop trying to explain his way out of "testing positive in the negative sense" on his COVID test yesterday.

The comment about "if you are trying to figure out if you're voting for Trump or me still then you aren't Black" is definitely not advisable by any candidate in any situation. Still, this is almost no comparison to the constant dog whistles from Trump and his administration, let alone the straight up overt racism. I would prefer the line "if you are trying to figure out if you're voting for Trump or me still then you aren't human."

I'm fine with people having issues with either of them at this point. They both clearly have flaws, but one of them just completely destroyed all chances of us being able to have any sort of respectable response to a once in a life time global pandemic. That person also continually lies and makes decisions about the situation with one goal in mind; make him look better so he has chance at being reelected. He doesn't care about you. He doesn't care about me. He doesn't care about us. He cares about only himself.

In the US we have two choices right now. There is no magical third person coming in over the next 5-6 months. People need to grow up and look at things realistically here. We're not going to get everything we want, but at the very least we can get someone who isn't afraid to be seen in public wearing a mask to save lives.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yes, but maybe zinc alone would be just as effective? This is why you need careful testing protocols.
The higher death rate makes it clear that any potential benefit is outweighed by potential harm.
This is why you don't rush into a "miracle cure" but do careful testing to ensure the cure isn't worse than the disease.
Fair point.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
He clearly said, "I have a record of over 40 years, and that I am going to be Joe Biden. Look at my record." in reference to a question about him moving to the Sanders/Warren left on policies.

Anyone who is already delusional about the current political process can hear "beat" all that want, but get out of here when people are trying to compare this to Trumps current inability to speak the English language at a basic level on a regular basis. One doesn't even need to look further than the past 24 hours to find him having a major issue speaking coherent words. He just got caught in a loop trying to explain his way out of "testing positive in the negative sense" on his COVID test yesterday.

The comment about "if you are trying to figure out if you're voting for Trump or me still then you aren't Black" is definitely not advisable by any candidate in any situation. Still, this is almost no comparison to the constant dog whistles from Trump and his administration, let alone the straight up overt racism. I would prefer the line "if you are trying to figure out if you're voting for Trump or me still then you aren't human."

I'm fine with people having issues with either of them at this point. They both clearly have flaws, but one of them just completely destroyed all chances of us being able to have any sort of respectable response to a once in a life time global pandemic. That person also continually lies and makes decisions about the situation with one goal in mind; make him look better so he has chance at being reelected. He doesn't care about you. He doesn't care about me. He doesn't care about us. He cares about only himself.

In the US we have two choices right now. There is no magical third person coming in over the next 5-6 months. People need to grow up and look at things realistically here. We're not going to get everything we want, but at the very least we can get someone who isn't afraid to be seen in public wearing a mask to save lives.
Just to add but Biden grew up stuttering so he's always had speech gaffs and is something he's known for.

Reactions: Rebels57

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I
The suicide issue is complex, and there is no data right now.

Economic hardship could cause an increase, but it depends on the recovery, opening up a couple weeks faster will probably have zero impact one way or another (and if it leads to a second wave, could make things worse), a prolonged slump (years in duration) will have a substantial impact.

Is the Pandemic Sparking Suicide?
I think it’s more along the lines of people that need help, that need their social circle of friends and physical interaction(if that’s the phrase I’m looking for) that keep them on the right side of the cliff.
A shit ton of people are also on antidepressants, and alcohol consumption is way up. They don’t mix.
The economic hard falls are also thrown in the mix.
Then you have cabin fever, which is real, but this is probably a much lesser factor.
This is tough on a lot of people.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Damn he’s lucky. I love seeing people fall off ladders as long as they are ok at the end of the video. I obviously wouldn’t want to see someone get seriously hurt, but there’s something just majestic about a ladder fall.
On that note most ladder fall deaths occur under 10’. Be safe on your ladders. 4:1 ratio for height to ladder angle. So if your ladder is going up 20’, have the base 5’ away from the wall. If you’re going to a roof, the ladder must extend 3’ over the roof.

Reactions: Asnito

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Damn he’s lucky. I love seeing people fall off ladders as long as they are ok at the end of the video. I obviously wouldn’t want to see someone get seriously hurt, but there’s something just majestic about a ladder fall.
On that note most ladder fall deaths occur under 10’. Be safe on your ladders. 4:1 ratio for height to ladder angle. So if your ladder is going up 20’, have the base 5’ away from the wall. If you’re going to a roof, the ladder must extend 3’ over the roof.

The F it does. I want that last rung to be my first step on to the roof.

Signed, Someone who cant climb ladders and go on roofs.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
H

His record includes bus segregation if you want to talk about racism. It includes touching and kissing women inappropriately if you want to talk about sexism. It also includes the same with children.
He talks about children sitting on his lap and rubbing his legs apparently often.
I understand an improper hand placement when taking pictures where your staring at a camera and not looking down is a thing, but you move your hand. He’s clearing groping time after time after time and it’s not “Joe just being Joe”.
I said joe was a bad candidate and I’m surprised they didn’t go with someone else. I think Tulsi would have had a better chance against trump than Biden. She appeared moderate but had some far left stances. She’s pretty, articulate, and quick with responses. She just didn’t have a cash flow.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The F it does. I want that last rung to be my first step on to the roof.

Signed, Someone who cant climb ladders and go on roofs.
The ladder needs to extend past the roofline so you have something to safely hold onto as you step into the roof. You’re not supposed to crawl onto the roof and backwards crawl and blindly waive your feet trying to find a rung. That’s a great way to bump the ladder over and leave you dangling off the roof by your waistline.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad