Favorite Type Of Goldfish

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Appreciate you looking out for me and posting that.

It helps knowing that the government isn't going to come after us looking through our books to determine if we 10000% needed it to survive without a shadow of a doubt so that weight is a little off our chests. Still waiting to see about forgiveness calculations.

The SBA released a forgiveness calculation form on Friday night which really can't be filled out until the end of June regardless. I think the form is going to be useless because I still expect a lot to change between now and then.

The HEROES Act that was passed in the House wants to bring the amount of time that money can be used up from eight weeks all the way up to twenty-four, which is kinda crazy but it is what it is. They also want to strike the "75% of the money must be used on payroll costs" that the SBA added themselves. That doesn't seem like it's going to be a point of contention as both sides of the aisle seem to agree that more time is needed. At least they look to be realizing their mistakes and taking a look at the real world and trying to fix things.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Appreciate you looking out for me and posting that.

It helps knowing that the government isn't going to come after us looking through our books to determine if we 10000% needed it to survive without a shadow of a doubt so that weight is a little off our chests. Still waiting to see about forgiveness calculations.

The SBA released a forgiveness calculation form on Friday night which really can't be filled out until the end of June regardless. I think the form is going to be useless because I still expect a lot to change between now and then.

The HEROES Act that was passed in the House wants to bring the amount of time that money can be used up from eight weeks all the way up to twenty-four, which is kinda crazy but it is what it is. They also want to strike the "75% of the money must be used on payroll costs" that the SBA added themselves. That doesn't seem like it's going to be a point of contention as both sides of the aisle seem to agree that more time is needed. At least they look to be realizing their mistakes and taking a look at the real world and trying to fix things.

No problem dude.

Also, I have a copy of our loan forgiveness form application if you're curious as to what that entails.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I did no such thing Liar! HC is a part of the deep state and FAKE NEWS!

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Actual question for anyone who may know...

At what point in human history did "Theory" become a replacement for "hypothesis"?

There is no flat earth theory. It's a flat earth hypothesis.

Or is my definition of theory too scientifically inclined?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actual question for anyone who may know...

At what point in human history did "Theory" become a replacement for "hypothesis"?

There is no flat earth theory. It's a flat earth hypothesis.

Or is my definition of theory too scientifically inclined?

Theory

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

Hypothesis

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

Model

a representation of an idea, an object or even a process or a system that is used to describe and explain phenomena that cannot be experienced directly.

You can have a Flat Earth Theory (it would be empirically invalid), as it would explain many phenomena, although incorrectly, The same way Astrology is a theory that the movements of stars and planets govern human behavior. Wrong, but still at Theory.

In my opinion, most social science "theories" are wrong, and one should stick with models, a more humble approach.

For example, in economics General Equilibrium Theory is invalid, for one thing all the assumptions required have been empirically shown to be violated to some extent. However, as a Model of how an economy could coordinate between markets, it's invaluable. The problem is it is treated like a Theory, and the results of Computational General Equilibrium Models as if they're accurate representations of the real world instead of back of the envelope estimates. A good example of intellectual hubris.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Also @Hollywood Couturier you are missing many many flavors of goldfish. Just saying.

7CC16B10-449E-4565-A1D1-15C5FD543AF2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->