LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

PessimisticEthicalHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If the extended forecast is correct gonna start getting mid to high 80 degree weather consistently by next weekend. Prefer 70's but looks like summer weather will start kicking in soon. Hopefully weather extremes will be kept to a minimum but doesn't look like that will happen.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am telling you all this because even though you know my face (some of you anyway) from various hilarious pictures it's still anonymous.

I broke down just now. I cried driving home and I cried in the shower until it went cold. Sure there's COVID stress but my aunt has been in and out of the hospital because they changed her antipsychotics. She ate a high powered rifle round in her 20s. She shouldn't have survived. Her case is in medical books. She is schizophrenic and manic depressive. She has very little jaw bones left and lots of metal in her head. She is no worse for wear other than the trach scar she has.

2 weeks ago her meds got changed and she regressed after decades of normalcy. She became out of touch, saying her husband was hitting her and all this nonsense. She got 302d. Just before that you could tell things were weird, she was unusually active on Facebook and texting randomly with lots of exclamation points and whatnot. Hospital time. More med changes. Out of the hospital now but she's acting similarly again. Though still grounded. I am worried. She never during all this had suicidal ideations, so there's that. It is stressful.

At work, my lead tech has his vices. He is a good person. When I moved to nights my boss (who believed in him and vouched for him as lead to the other supervisors who were like ehhh at the thought of promoting him) asked me to keep an eye on him. He is our best tech in the hospital. Me and him every week would do something in the shadows to make things run smoother (bit we're night shift so never get credit). He is tremendous in the IV room and even better with technology. He knew all the reports and workarounds with our old drug dispensing machines and when we got new ones in January immediately became an expert on them too. We worked together learning everything. He sometimes comes to work late because he battles depression. Years and years ago he blew up at work one day way before I got there and one of the bosses said "youre dead to me" so there's obvious dissent there. He butted heads with the other 2 pharmacists I work with who have been there for years and years, who he's worked with for years and years and had one major battle with one of them when the pharmacist literally screamed I DONT CARE over and over about a project the tech was working on. He can't escape the bad rap he's gotten. It's unfair. He gets bullied (like...you know. Not schoolboy bullied but boss bullied and gaslighted) by other lead techs and management.

I kept my eye on him and he has been developing as a leader and has continued to work on useful projects that I have proofread and whatnot. He's printed out manuals on the new technology we have- made a PowerPoint, one slide per paper with screenshits circles and arrows, and laminated. And much more pharmacy process wise.

We were doing great as a work fam despite those 2 clown pharmacists then we got a new tech. She tore us apart. She is Satan. She is bossy (though new) and backstabbing and complains to people all the time. She thinks she runs the shift and if she doesn't get an answer to something that she wants she will go to a supervisor. Naturally, they listen to her because if she talks shit on this tech with "a history" despite being excellent recently, well...who wouldn't believe her? She said tonight to another tech "this is why I hate you" for example, to which she responded "you do not!" in a playful tone and Satan replied with "I mean what I say and I say what I mean" and walked away. She has been here about 2 months. The lead tech had a discussion with her about her attitude and how she should be reporting to him, the lead, instead of other leads or bosses. He stayed level headed and calm. He was a good leader. 2 of our other techs are looking for new jobs. There are 5 on the shift. The lead tech is being moved to the other week, likely because of her "feedback". I will see him 2 days per month.

He is being punished for not coming in to work as a no call no show. During COVID, our staff is been per protocol asked to use time off whenever possible while it has been slow. Simply to keep the body count down. He asked his boss, and has it in email form, if he had permission to use time off for his 8th day (as a night lead tech he is required to be a 1.0 FTE so he works 8 ten hour shifts, 8 on 6 off. Instead of 7 on 7 off like the rest of the techs and rphs) and his boss said yes. He did this for his next 3 "8th days". He was on the schedule to work on these days, but via those emails he was using his time off. Then, suddenly on the 4th "8th day" he gets reamed out for "deciding not to show up, from what I understand" per the boss. This was not the case. He printed the email correspondence out and had a meeting today that wasn't disciplinary (boss said that comes later?). I don't know how it went yet. I wasn't reporting to my boss like a spy, but I would routinely update her about how proud I was of him and how he hadn't had one blow up since I started working with him or anything. He was improving himself while improving processes. But still, not winning or gaining any ground. Losing it, in fact.

While this meeting was going on I screwed up. Long story short, I caused a discrepancy on a narc and a delay in patient care. I had a tech looking through 2 machines to find something that ended up not being there because I looked at the report wrong. Nothing is lost except time, but it was still not a great look and made me feel terrible because my screw up cascaded into a shit show.

I cried on the way home and cried until the shower went cold. I let my friend down because he's still being work bullied, and I let down the supervisor who vouched for him. I let down my other friends today because the mistake I made that cost almost an hour worth of time and altered the workflow of one tech in particular. I let down a patient who was possibly seizing because of my screw up. And I let down my last girlfriend many times (not meaning to, of course) and I haven't really forgiven myself fully for that so in this time of high stress and breakdowness that is welling up again. It will be a year since that break up on June 8th. Yeah, I know get over it. There is no bad blood, but it still hurts every day to some magnitude

If you made it this far in this post then wow good for you. I needed to get this off my chest. f*** this tech man and I'm going to miss my lead. He is a good friend being treated unfairly. I don't think I've been clear but he's getting 3 write ups for this. That's...real close to getting him fired. He said "the meeting could have went better". I don't know specifics yet. He lives paycheck to paycheck. I feel like a thundercloud.

So yeah, today sucks

I will be fine. Peace.
So sorry to hear this man. You are human and are allowed to have a bad day or make a mistake. Nothing wrong with pouring out the emotion in private or in here. Wish we could do more. The work you do everyday is commended and as we are all seeing, is a thankless job most of the time, but would crumble without.

Have a good drink(or meal) and know that tomorrow will be better.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
EU plans to start opening borders from the 15th of June. Safety measures at airports, some countries with 1-2 weeks quarantine once you return.

Which makes me happy as even if I will quarantine once I get home as can go and visit the girl I am seeing. Guess will go for like three weeks or so... especially as forseeable a second wave hits - especially in the UK - in late summer or early autumn. Tbh hopefully not a UK resident come September anyway. Odds are that elsewhere in Europe deals with second wave bettee if there is one.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So sorry to hear this man. You are human and are allowed to have a bad day or make a mistake. Nothing wrong with pouring out the emotion in private or in here. Wish we could do more. The work you do everyday is commended and as we are all seeing, is a thankless job most of the time, but would crumble without.

Have a good drink(or meal) and know that tomorrow will be better.
I'm making steak with crab topping. Then getting drunk and high

Thanks to everyone who liked and responded, you guys rock my socks

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm making steak with crab topping. Then getting drunk and high

Thanks to everyone who liked and responded, you guys rock my socks
Sounds delish!

I told the wife that with her having kidney stones and adjusting our meals, I would sacrifice myself to eat the "bad" things in the house. Today was wing night for me, salad for her.

The things I do for my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad