All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XV: The Positive One

Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The Russians were thinking outside the box with this one.
animal-weapons-dog-museum.jpg

Teach a dog there's food under tanks then strap a bomb on its back.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Reality check, this shits gonna be going on until next summer.

We'll open but how open depends on the concentration of idiots. And God knows America has more than its fair share.
But my advice is stock up on masks you like, don't plan on going to a stadium with lots of people, and invest in your home, because you're gonna spend a lot of time there.

We're not going to have herd immunity (requires 60-70%, and still means 80+% will end up infected, all herd immunity does is slow the rate of infection until it burns out past the herd immunity level) unless we're willing to live with 1-2M dead. (IFR = 0.5% to 1.0%).

So if we're going to manage the virus, until a proven vaccine is developed, produced and given to 300M people (figure even with a crash program, not until next summer at the earliest), we'll have to be vigilant for the next year or so.

That will probably mean making failure to wear a mask in a store or other enclosed area into a hanging offense, limiting gatherings to manageable numbers, redesigning restaurants and offices to allow social distancing and ventilation that moves air away from the room instead of across the room, and filters to ensure that recycled air isn't full of virus. Telecommuting will become the norm for many jobs.

We'll still have to test/trace/isolate to at least limit the damage that a few fools can do.

And we should be subsidizing high speed internet for rural areas, because we may want to reduce city density by encouraging people to spread out more since cows can't spread COVID (but cats can, so we'll have to get rid of feral felines).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Reality check, this shits gonna be going on until next summer.

We'll open but how open depends on the concentration of idiots. And God knows America has more than its fair share.
But my advice is stock up on masks you like, don't plan on going to a stadium with lots of people, and invest in your home, because you're gonna spend a lot of time there.

We're not going to have herd immunity (requires 60-70%, and still means 80+% will end up infected, all herd immunity does is slow the rate of infection until it burns out past the herd immunity level) unless we're willing to live with 1-2M dead. (IFR = 0.5% to 1.0%).

So if we're going to manage the virus, until a proven vaccine is developed, produced and given to 300M people (figure even with a crash program, not until next summer at the earliest), we'll have to be vigilant for the next year or so.

That will probably mean making failure to wear a mask in a store or other enclosed area into a hanging offense, limiting gatherings to manageable numbers, redesigning restaurants and offices to allow social distancing and ventilation that moves air away from the room instead of across the room, and filters to ensure that recycled air isn't full of virus. Telecommuting will become the norm for many jobs.

We'll still have to test/trace/isolate to at least limit the damage that a few fools can do.

And we should be subsidizing high speed internet for rural areas, because we may want to reduce city density by encouraging people to spread out more since cows can't spread COVID (but cats can, so we'll have to get rid of feral felines).

Even if a vaccine is available as early as September, you still have to manufacture a few billion doses.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Didn't this end with them running under Russian tanks, since that's what they were trained on?

It's hard to understate how much I despise that program.
There was definitely problems with the program but they did have some successes. As vile and disgusting as it was they were fighting for their very survival and desperate people do desperate things.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
The Wall Street journal? In the United States?
Didn't click on the link but the CCP is the one in China that's going to control all the information coming out. Now if you want to criticize the WSJ that's fine but it's an op-ed so I don't take much value from most op-ed's.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
These same fools that refuse to wear a mask or be smart about their actions in the name of some liberteee.

Are same fools that are going to in turn have us doing this shit longer.

Why governments haven’t mandated conversion of companies/factories to pump out n95’s instead of these FLIMSY surgical/cloth masks we are promoting is beyond me. You did something similar in war time years ago, and proper PPE would go a long way to opening things up safely. No excuse.

Sigh

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
In the year of our Covid, there has not been a show I have watched more than Forensic Files on Netflix.

I am learning how to murder someone and get away with it.

Lol this sounds insane I do realize.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
In the year of our Covid, there has not been a show I have watched more than Forensic Files on Netflix.

I am learning how to murder someone and get away with it.

Lol this sounds insane I do realize.
By watching those shows I've learned to not bludgeon someone with a hammer in your home, wrap them in a throw rug and ask your neighbor to help you load it in the truck. Then not to go to the quickie wash at 3a.m. because you needed to wash the blood out of your truck from "the deer you shot while hunting"

But the most important thing I've learned and how to definitely stay alive is............Do Not take an insurance policy out on yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad