All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XV: The Positive One

Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What people don't get, right now the daily death toll is around 1,500, it's down from 2,000+ but if we open up and aren't disciplined, it will probably remain in that 1,500-2000 range or worse. Do so and by the end of the year (230 days x the death rate), 400-500K will be dead, of which 40,000+ will be under 60, so it's not just going to be us old fogies going down. Really get sloppy, and we might be looking at 500+K dead by the end of the year.

Wearing a mask, using common sense, testing-tracing-isolation won't stop the virus, but it'll slow it down, and that might be the difference between say 300,000 (daily death toll reduced to a 1,000 per day) and 500,000 dead.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'm making steak with crab topping. Then getting drunk and high

Thanks to everyone who liked and responded, you guys rock my socks
t0x72HB.jpg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Luckily my neighbors have been cool...but can only imagine some of the nightmare experiences

Loud sex, thunderous dancing: how coronavirus strains neighborly ties

Luckily the only time I have really ever heard any neighbours in my life (lived in 13 different houses/apartments for 2+ months each! all were fine. Maybe 5 days ever where really heard anything) was when I used to stay at my friends apartment, which was right above a club... that was pretty loud. But generally just meant went down to the club at like 1am with my friends when there haha.

Wait... maybe I'm the noisy neighbour. I mean, statistically speaking...

Reactions: Carter Hart

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Luckily the only time I have really ever heard any neighbours in my life (lived in 13 different houses/apartments for 2+ months each! all were fine. Maybe 5 days ever where really heard anything) was when I used to stay at my friends apartment, which was right above a club... that was pretty loud. But generally just meant went down to the club at like 1am with my friends when there haha.

Wait... maybe I'm the noisy neighbour. I mean, statistically speaking...
I have been pretty lucky as well....I have lived in 2 apartments in my lifetime other than the dorms (quad) and a house with 5 roommates in college. My roommates were pretty cool for the most part. We pretty much respected each other's space and nothing crazy ever happened or big fallouts. My second apartment heard some crazy sex screaming maybe 1x. There were some jabronis downstairs from me that every weekend had parties and music but it wasn't all night. I personally was only with a "screamer" 2x lol...but they were just random physical events. I am not a fan tbh. My longterm gf's were fairly discreet...don't think we were too loud but who knows..lol. Regardless, never had situations where I felt I had to move. I have been in my house since 2006...and luckily my neighbors on each side have been civil.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I'm really starting to question whether I have it or not. Just went for a bike ride outside and could only make it 20 minutes. When I was done, I felt like I was going to die. I've had a runny nose for over a month now. Every now and then, once a week or two, I feel a tightness in my chest, but it goes away after a day. Other than that, I don't have any other symptoms. No headache, no chills, no case of the shits or vomiting. My mom had pneumonia a few months ago and maybe I got that? No idea. Whatever it is, it won't go away. After the bike ride today, I might be making a call to the doctor tomorrow

Or I'm just completely out of shape and the runny nose is something else

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled that the governor overstepped authority.
“The Court's decision ensures that Wisconsin's response to COVID-19 must involve both the executive and the legislative branch. Wisconsin will be better for it. The grave nature of the pandemic cannot be used to subvert our very form of government."

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm really starting to question whether I have it or not. Just went for a bike ride outside and could only make it 20 minutes. When I was done, I felt like I was going to die. I've had a runny nose for over a month now. Every now and then, once a week or two, I feel a tightness in my chest, but it goes away after a day. Other than that, I don't have any other symptoms. No headache, no chills, no case of the shits or vomiting. My mom had pneumonia a few months ago and maybe I got that? No idea. Whatever it is, it won't go away. After the bike ride today, I might be making a call to the doctor tomorrow

Or I'm just completely out of shape and the runny nose is something else
Possible..do you get seasonal allergies?

I still believe I got the gastro version back in mid Dec into Feb. I recall specifically getting the symptoms real bad after being in NYC.

I guess I won't know for sure until I am tested for antibodies...

Mild COVID-19 Often Only Shows Gastro Symptoms

Reactions: Flybynite

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
FWIW the SNAP program is run rampant with fraud. Store owners giving customers cash at a fraction of the snap value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad