I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pretty impactful visual.

image.jpeg

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I am telling you all this because even though you know my face (some of you anyway) from various hilarious pictures it's still anonymous.

I broke down just now. I cried driving home and I cried in the shower until it went cold. Sure there's COVID stress but my aunt has been in and out of the hospital because they changed her antipsychotics. She ate a high powered rifle round in her 20s. She shouldn't have survived. Her case is in medical books. She is schizophrenic and manic depressive. She has very little jaw bones left and lots of metal in her head. She is no worse for wear other than the trach scar she has.

2 weeks ago her meds got changed and she regressed after decades of normalcy. She became out of touch, saying her husband was hitting her and all this nonsense. She got 302d. Just before that you could tell things were weird, she was unusually active on Facebook and texting randomly with lots of exclamation points and whatnot. Hospital time. More med changes. Out of the hospital now but she's acting similarly again. Though still grounded. I am worried. She never during all this had suicidal ideations, so there's that. It is stressful.

At work, my lead tech has his vices. He is a good person. When I moved to nights my boss (who believed in him and vouched for him as lead to the other supervisors who were like ehhh at the thought of promoting him) asked me to keep an eye on him. He is our best tech in the hospital. Me and him every week would do something in the shadows to make things run smoother (bit we're night shift so never get credit). He is tremendous in the IV room and even better with technology. He knew all the reports and workarounds with our old drug dispensing machines and when we got new ones in January immediately became an expert on them too. We worked together learning everything. He sometimes comes to work late because he battles depression. Years and years ago he blew up at work one day way before I got there and one of the bosses said "youre dead to me" so there's obvious dissent there. He butted heads with the other 2 pharmacists I work with who have been there for years and years, who he's worked with for years and years and had one major battle with one of them when the pharmacist literally screamed I DONT CARE over and over about a project the tech was working on. He can't escape the bad rap he's gotten. It's unfair. He gets bullied (like...you know. Not schoolboy bullied but boss bullied and gaslighted) by other lead techs and management.

I kept my eye on him and he has been developing as a leader and has continued to work on useful projects that I have proofread and whatnot. He's printed out manuals on the new technology we have- made a PowerPoint, one slide per paper with screenshits circles and arrows, and laminated. And much more pharmacy process wise.

We were doing great as a work fam despite those 2 clown pharmacists then we got a new tech. She tore us apart. She is Satan. She is bossy (though new) and backstabbing and complains to people all the time. She thinks she runs the shift and if she doesn't get an answer to something that she wants she will go to a supervisor. Naturally, they listen to her because if she talks shit on this tech with "a history" despite being excellent recently, well...who wouldn't believe her? She said tonight to another tech "this is why I hate you" for example, to which she responded "you do not!" in a playful tone and Satan replied with "I mean what I say and I say what I mean" and walked away. She has been here about 2 months. The lead tech had a discussion with her about her attitude and how she should be reporting to him, the lead, instead of other leads or bosses. He stayed level headed and calm. He was a good leader. 2 of our other techs are looking for new jobs. There are 5 on the shift. The lead tech is being moved to the other week, likely because of her "feedback". I will see him 2 days per month.

He is being punished for not coming in to work as a no call no show. During COVID, our staff is been per protocol asked to use time off whenever possible while it has been slow. Simply to keep the body count down. He asked his boss, and has it in email form, if he had permission to use time off for his 8th day (as a night lead tech he is required to be a 1.0 FTE so he works 8 ten hour shifts, 8 on 6 off. Instead of 7 on 7 off like the rest of the techs and rphs) and his boss said yes. He did this for his next 3 "8th days". He was on the schedule to work on these days, but via those emails he was using his time off. Then, suddenly on the 4th "8th day" he gets reamed out for "deciding not to show up, from what I understand" per the boss. This was not the case. He printed the email correspondence out and had a meeting today that wasn't disciplinary (boss said that comes later?). I don't know how it went yet. I wasn't reporting to my boss like a spy, but I would routinely update her about how proud I was of him and how he hadn't had one blow up since I started working with him or anything. He was improving himself while improving processes. But still, not winning or gaining any ground. Losing it, in fact.

While this meeting was going on I screwed up. Long story short, I caused a discrepancy on a narc and a delay in patient care. I had a tech looking through 2 machines to find something that ended up not being there because I looked at the report wrong. Nothing is lost except time, but it was still not a great look and made me feel terrible because my screw up cascaded into a shit show.

I cried on the way home and cried until the shower went cold. I let my friend down because he's still being work bullied, and I let down the supervisor who vouched for him. I let down my other friends today because the mistake I made that cost almost an hour worth of time and altered the workflow of one tech in particular. I let down a patient who was possibly seizing because of my screw up. And I let down my last girlfriend many times (not meaning to, of course) and I haven't really forgiven myself fully for that so in this time of high stress and breakdowness that is welling up again. It will be a year since that break up on June 8th. Yeah, I know get over it. There is no bad blood, but it still hurts every day to some magnitude

If you made it this far in this post then wow good for you. I needed to get this off my chest. f*** this tech man and I'm going to miss my lead. He is a good friend being treated unfairly. I don't think I've been clear but he's getting 3 write ups for this. That's...real close to getting him fired. He said "the meeting could have went better". I don't know specifics yet. He lives paycheck to paycheck. I feel like a thundercloud.

So yeah, today sucks

I will be fine. Peace.
Damn. That is some heavy stuff.

Having a bad work environment can be so detrimental. Hang in there man, and, as hard as it is to do, PLEASE try to not take your work home with you. Years ago I learned that it's just best that when I walk out the door at the end of the day it's over. I know it's easier said than done, but please try.

Play your drums, they'll help...even if playing is the last thing you feel like doing. Force yourself to play, and after feeling some groove within your body you'll feel better. I know they've helped me in the past when I was feeling pretty down about things.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm really starting to question whether I have it or not. Just went for a bike ride outside and could only make it 20 minutes. When I was done, I felt like I was going to die. I've had a runny nose for over a month now. Every now and then, once a week or two, I feel a tightness in my chest, but it goes away after a day. Other than that, I don't have any other symptoms. No headache, no chills, no case of the shits or vomiting. My mom had pneumonia a few months ago and maybe I got that? No idea. Whatever it is, it won't go away. After the bike ride today, I might be making a call to the doctor tomorrow

Or I'm just completely out of shape and the runny nose is something else

Just being in your house more & not really being active could be causing on top of allergies too.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
FWIW the SNAP program is run rampant with fraud. Store owners giving customers cash at a fraction of the snap value.
SSI has the same problem but there's millions of people who rely on it. I would wholeheartedly support stiff sentences for people who abuse the program or commit fraud.

Reactions: Defect

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I see Maryland is opening up much of the state on Friday. Retail stores at 50% capacity. Same with salon's.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I'm really starting to question whether I have it or not. Just went for a bike ride outside and could only make it 20 minutes. When I was done, I felt like I was going to die. I've had a runny nose for over a month now. Every now and then, once a week or two, I feel a tightness in my chest, but it goes away after a day. Other than that, I don't have any other symptoms. No headache, no chills, no case of the shits or vomiting. My mom had pneumonia a few months ago and maybe I got that? No idea. Whatever it is, it won't go away. After the bike ride today, I might be making a call to the doctor tomorrow

I grew up with asthma and allergies. I've been running again the last two months (after knee issues), and the dry days have not been good to me. After a mile or two I get a very dry throat, then for a couple of hours afterward I'm getting congestion and mild COPD symptoms (heavy junk in my throat, hard to hack up). I'm pretty sure my issues are due to allergies. Maybe yours are the same?

Reactions: Cody Webster

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017

What are you doing biking you're supposed to be playing 36 holes a day:thumbu:

On a more serious note it's probably nothing but I had a similar issue and my doc sent me for a stress test. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it unless in runs in the family. If it's still bothering you when the lockdown is done go/call your doctor.

Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled that the governor overstepped authority.
“The Court's decision ensures that Wisconsin's response to COVID-19 must involve both the executive and the legislative branch. Wisconsin will be better for it. The grave nature of the pandemic cannot be used to subvert our very form of government."

This of course now puts the Republicans in Wisconsin on the hook, since the governor can take credit for stomping out the virus so the state could open safely, and if infections take off, the Republicans will lose the state for decades.

In fact, if I were a purely cynical Democrat governor, I'd welcome these kind of lawsuits for that reason.
The states were going to open up in a couple weeks in any case, so forcing their hand simply absolves them of any responsibility if things go wrong.

The GO is probably trying to figure out how he can pull this off, but he screwed the pooch, as usual.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One thing to remember, a big chunk of Trump's support are white males over 40, many of whom are obese.
So what demographic is most vulnerable to COVID-19?
Which may be why Trump's support among older voters has seriously declined.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...rant-on-senator-stock-investigation?_amp=true

WASHINGTON —

Federal agents seized a cellphone belonging to a prominent Republican senator on Wednesday night as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into controversial stock trades he made as the coronavirus first struck the U.S., a law enforcement official said.

Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, turned over his phone to agents after they served a search warrant on the lawmaker at his residence in the Washington area, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss a law enforcement action.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
2004 hurt. Hindsight being 20/20 we should have kept both Weinrich and Therien. Who cares about the cap.
That exit hurt. All I could think about was how thin we were on defense and how we gave it away those players for basically nothing late in the season. It really came back to bite us in the ass.

Hard to reconcile that it happened 16 freaking years ago. Damn. Old.

Reactions: Asnito

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
That exit hurt. All I could think about was how thin we were on defense and how we gave it away those players for basically nothing late in the season. It really came back to bite us in the ass.

Hard to reconcile that it happened 16 freaking years ago. Damn. Old.
The Bruins blowing a 3-1 lead against the Canadiens also sucked as the Leafs series took a lot out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad