Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
By this criteria ketchup on fries is not just raw ketchup. I mean it's not as if you're just drinking ketchup straight out of the bottle.

Nah that's still raw ketchup because it tastes like raw ketchup, and it's horrific flavor drowns out the deliciousness of the shredded potate.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Comparing COVID-19 Deaths to Flu Deaths Is like Comparing Apples to Oranges

In the last six flu seasons, the CDC’s reported number of actual confirmed flu deaths—that is, counting flu deaths the way we are currently counting deaths from the coronavirus—has ranged from 3,448 to 15,620, which far lower than the numbers commonly repeated by public officials and even public health experts.

The question remains. Can we accurately compare the toll of the flu to the toll of the coronavirus pandemic?

To do this, we have to compare counted deaths to counted deaths, not counted deaths to wildly inflated statistical estimates. If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Ketchup makes them inedible

My money move is to use balsamic vinegar with fries. Take a good firm fry (or "chip," for our Anglophone friends), break it in half, dip the broken end into a cup of balsamic vinegar, let it soak up that sweet, but acrid loveliness, insert in maw, reach for a cigarette after.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Comparing COVID-19 Deaths to Flu Deaths Is like Comparing Apples to Oranges

The question remains. Can we accurately compare the toll of the flu to the toll of the coronavirus pandemic?

To do this, we have to compare counted deaths to counted deaths, not counted deaths to wildly inflated statistical estimates. If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.
The fun fact is that the worst flu seasons had the same directions from departments of health that flu could be listed on any symptomatic person's death certificate.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
My money move is to use balsamic vinegar with fries. Take a good firm fry (or "chip," for our Anglophone friends), break it in half, dip the broken end into a cup of balsamic vinegar, let it soak up that sweet, but acrid loveliness, insert in maw, reach for a cigarette after.
Malt Vinegar...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fries are not shredded potatoes. They are cut potatoes. Hash browns/Tots are shredded potatoes.

OKAY GEEZ I'LL CUT A CRYING POTATO FOR YOU

giphy.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
No o don’t give a shit what the White House or ambassador says. Common sense says when there is a 1000 mile distance between novelty food or research animal the smart money is on research animal 90% of the time. Push back on this hasn’t occurred really until the White House made any inclination of this.
Is this a push back on common sense or probability or just against the White House and a president you don’t like?

And if the White House claims there is proof, drop that shit like a hot potato.
You're getting too hung up on the 1000 miles. I know you don't want to read articles but I think a little research on how virus' spread would help. The bats were the original source but there's nothing definitive that it came directly from the bats. Here's the articles I posted last night.

The virus that causes Covid-19 joins a murky list of household name viruses - including Ebola, rabies, Sars and Mers - that have originated in wild bat populations.

Coronavirus: A hunt for the 'missing link' species

Here's another article about it.
It's far more likely that the coronavirus jumped naturally from bats to people than leaked from a lab — at least 4 other viruses did the same thing in the last 45 years

Did Ebola, rabies, Sars and Mers all escape from labs? There's far more evidence that this virus originated naturally and was transferred to humans from a 'host' animal.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This poll is bullshit because there clearly foods for mustard and different foods for ketchup. Besides a hot dog, name an item that BOTH ketchup and mustard compete for?

Hot dogs it even depends. If I make it with cheese and onions I prefer ketchup. If it's just a regular hot dog I'll put mustard on it.

Tldr poll is bad pls feel bad

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This poll is bullshit because there clearly foods for mustard and different foods for ketchup. Besides a hot dog, name an item that BOTH ketchup and mustard compete for?

Hot dogs it even depends. If I make it with cheese and onions I prefer ketchup. If it's just a regular hot dog I'll put mustard on it.

I cannot think of a single food improved by adding ketchup. Poll is valid. Vote mustard. But not because I'm leading you because that would taint the integrity of the poll; do it because it's the right thing to do.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

I put mustard and ketchup on my burger. Other than that and a hot dog. I can't think of much.

Oh! Sometimes I'll mix ketchup and yellow mustard on a plate and dip some potato chips in it. It's pretty good. Please dont @ me

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I'm going to go play 18 now!!!

My package is a new driver shaft that should hopefully help my game!
Ok then give me the name and number of the bastard that's holding it up and I'll call that SOB so much he'll hand deliver it to you.:thumbu:

Reactions: Cody Webster

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Furthermore there are foods like a Hamburger (sandwich) that are improved by having both.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When the CDC eventually estimates total coronavirus deaths the way they have been estimating flu deaths every year, the number is going to be in the hundreds of thousands.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
On the one hand I HATE plain mayo but I agree with you. Once I discovered what aioli was, I was very underwhelmed. You could mix ball sweat with mayo and call it a testicular aioli. Aioli is a terrible word for pompous foodies that need their genitals stapled to their foreheads. This will all take place at the nearest GASTROPUB.

Just the word, "gastropub," gives me the shivers. It's a tap house combined with a restaurant or, in other words, a BAR or, conveniently enough, a RESTAURANT. The only difference being the proliferation of tight t-shirt, skinny-jean, epic-bearding, bespectacled hipsters drinking flights of overrated pale ales. I can't eat spicy foods for certain biological reasons (I'm also a super-taster, so strong herbs, most spices, and spicy foods destroy the taste of the base food for me), so when the only condiments or dressings are spicy, I have to tag out.

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad