Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Curved brim. Pretzels. America baby.

anywho this is like the fourth time my reply has been denied due to thread changes. So bear with me when I at people rather than try to find the post and copy the post and reply in or whatever.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
@deadhead
The final numbers won't be known for a while, but one test is determining the "normal" deaths and comparing that to actual deaths as a check on the reported figures - while some deaths are probably being misreported, many Corona deaths go unreported because the victim never gets to a hospital or the death is attributed to pneumonia or some other cause, when COVID was the primary culprit.

So far "excess deaths" exceed reported deaths in many areas.

It's a legitimate possibility, but one with no real evidence, and it's being used to attempt to deflect blame from the piss poor WH effort.
It's also irrelevant, whether it was transmitted by bats or escaped from a lab studying corona viruses.
It's doubtful it was a bioweapon, because contagious diseases simply don't make sense as weapons for anyone except "end of the world" fanatical terrorists.

We now know the "Chinese travel ban" was also irrelevant, the virus was in Europe and on both US coasts by the time the ban went into effect.
First off when dealing with me and not the general public please know that I do not blame a bio weapon. I’m on the accidental release via poor clean lab procedures. I know you’re not bashing me personally.
If we don’t know the actual death number now we don’t know that the excess deaths exceed reported deaths, nor do we know if reported deaths exceed actual deaths because of home or non hospital deaths. But when you have a governor stating at a press conference that cause of death does not matter that’s a pretty big issue.

Im also not worried about where it came about to throw blame as I am worried about preventing further outbreaks of this or other viruses.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Ketchup or mustard? I need context. Each surve a purpose and context matters. You wouldn’t put ketchup on a pretzel but mustard is inferior in other aspects.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
@Beef Invictus motovation of claims? I’ve seen the same claims made almost two months ago. None of these claims are new, that I’m aware of.
If someone is claiming proof, I agree they should show it. You don’t hold proof of the cause of a pandemic for a gotcha moment.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Beef Invictus motovation of claims? I’ve seen the same claims made almost two months ago. None of these claims are new, that I’m aware of.
If someone is claiming proof, I agree they should show it. You don’t hold proof of the cause of a pandemic for a gotcha moment.

Well, they sure are holding this "proof." So far it looks like just another conspiracy theory peddled by the WH.

Reactions: BernieParent

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Ketchup makes them inedible
You’re clinically insane. Ketchup can be a deal breaker on fries and mustard is not even in the picture.

Oddly enough if you take a good pretzel and put ketchup on it, it tastes like shrimp. I made good money in 5th grade pretending it was god awful time and time again.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Well, they sure are holding this "proof." So far it looks like just another conspiracy theory peddled by the WH.
Who is claiming there is proof? Since like day three people have been claiming it came from the lab near the wet market accidentally.
Why is there pushback of that possibility? Forget about any station higher than our own. I think it came out by mistake. Is thag so wrong?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Who is claiming there is proof? Since like day three people have been claiming it came from the lab near the wet market accidentally.
Why is there pushback of that possibility? Forget about any station higher than our own. I think it came out by mistake. Is thag so wrong?

The WH is claiming there is proof. Let's see it.

There's pushback because there isn't proof, and having your head ambassador make that kind of claim is a particularly stupid kind of foreign policy that can impact relations for years to come.

Reactions: BernieParent

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The WH is claiming there is proof. Let's see it.

There's pushback because there isn't proof, and having your head ambassador make that kind of claim is a particularly stupid kind of foreign policy that can impact relations for years to come.
No o don’t give a shit what the White House or ambassador says. Common sense says when there is a 1000 mile distance between novelty food or research animal the smart money is on research animal 90% of the time. Push back on this hasn’t occurred really until the White House made any inclination of this.
Is this a push back on common sense or probability or just against the White House and a president you don’t like?

And if the White House claims there is proof, drop that shit like a hot potato.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
@deadhead

First off when dealing with me and not the general public please know that I do not blame a bio weapon. I’m on the accidental release via poor clean lab procedures. I know you’re not bashing me personally.
If we don’t know the actual death number now we don’t know that the excess deaths exceed reported deaths, nor do we know if reported deaths exceed actual deaths because of home or non hospital deaths. But when you have a governor stating at a press conference that cause of death does not matter that’s a pretty big issue.

Im also not worried about where it came about to throw blame as I am worried about preventing further outbreaks of this or other viruses.

We know excess deaths because we know total actual deaths (causes are harder b/c lack of testing means some deaths due to COVID go unreported while COVID may be present but not the cause of death in confirmed cases), and we can estimate "expected deaths" (absent COVID) pretty accurately (law of large numbers comes into play with large populations) - so the difference is directly or indirectly due to COVID, especially at the end of flu season. Whether COVID kills you directly, or you die b/c the hospitals are full of COVID patients so your treatment is delayed, COVID is still the cause, since without COVID you'd still be alive.

So you can compare estimated excess deaths due to COVID to reported deaths due to COVID and get a sense of an under/over count.
In general, reported COVID deaths are substantially under estimated excess deaths.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No o don’t give a shit what the White House or ambassador says. Common sense says when there is a 1000 mile distance between novelty food or research animal the smart money is on research animal 90% of the time. Push back on this hasn’t occurred really until the White House made any inclination of this.
Is this a push back on common sense or probability or just against the White House and a president you don’t like?

And if the White House claims there is proof, drop that shit like a hot potato.

You know a thousand miles isn't that far anymore, right? That's a day of driving.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
You know a thousand miles isn't that far anymore, right? That's a day of driving.
Are you high? 550 miles is Philly to camp lejeune South Carolina. That’s either 9 hours or 12+ according to traffic. Philly to Florida can be anywhere between 18-24+ hours depending on traffic and speed.
Philly to Orlando is 14 miles shy of 1k. Your not driving a bat 1000 miles to be sold at a bottom of the barrel market. That’s just f***ing stupid and you know that dude. Come on.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
We know excess deaths because we know total actual deaths (causes are harder b/c lack of testing means some deaths due to COVID go unreported while COVID may be present but not the cause of death in confirmed cases), and we can estimate "expected deaths" (absent COVID) pretty accurately (law of large numbers comes into play with large populations) - so the difference is directly or indirectly due to COVID, especially at the end of flu season. Whether COVID kills you directly, or you die b/c the hospitals are full of COVID patients so your treatment is delayed, COVID is still the cause, since without COVID you'd still be alive.

So you can compare estimated excess deaths due to COVID to reported deaths due to COVID and get a sense of an under/over count.
In general, reported COVID deaths are substantially under estimated excess deaths.
Covid is not the cause. f***ing stop it. If I’m in hospice dying from cancer and you gave me Ebola, I’m going to die from cancer while having Ebola. Dying with Ebola does not mean Ebola killed me.
You’re smarter than that man stop it.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad