Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

GlisteningAnyDutchsmoushond-size_restricted.gif

TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!!!!

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He did. Tbf he’s claiming he got hit by a strain originating in Europe.
On the same page, “Europe’s Virus” tHaTs rAcIsT!!!

Most of the country has been hit by a virus strain that has come out of Europe, whether it's significantly different from the original Wuhan strain remains to be determined, but most of the current US infections come from Europe.

Which is why the GO's claim that his partial ban on travel from China was a major preventive action is bogus, the virus was already established on the West Coast a month before, and by the time they established a travel ban for Europe (and travelers packed into airports with little screening, helping to spread the virus) it was well established on the East Coast.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Most of the country has been hit by a virus strain that has come out of Europe, whether it's significantly different from the original Wuhan strain remains to be determined, but most of the current US infections come from Europe.

Which is why the GO's claim that his partial ban on travel from China was a major preventive action is bogus, the virus was already established on the West Coast a month before, and by the time they established a travel ban for Europe (and travelers packed into airports with little screening, helping to spread the virus) it was well established on the East Coast.

A hard and fast travel ban without enforced quarantine never made sense to me. It was all pointless. Pure window dressing, where the window has fallen out of the frame and also the frame is on fire now.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
That's the problem. Does the number of lives lost to suicides outweigh the number that would be lost to the virus?

I have no doubt there's going to be an increase in suicides but IMO opening up too early will cost more lives.

I don’t trust the human race to act rationally and do things to keep themselves and other people safe. The test here in NH has started as they are slowly starting to open businesses that have been closed. It only takes a small number of Darwin award winners to f*** it up for everyone else

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t trust the human race to act rationally and do things to keep themselves and other people safe. The test here in NH has started as they are slowly starting to open businesses that have been closed. It only takes a small number of Darwin award winners to f*** it up for everyone else

There was a Darwin Award volume published yearly for a while.
Americans seem to have a perverse desire to "Live Free And Die."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Explain. Because i may do just that

They're down to 82 bucks. They had been at a high of 150ish, but for the last two years had been sitting at 100 to 140. Marriott is a company that could be big enough to recover a good deal several years down the line, and turn in some nice profit. If you have the money to buy enough shares, I'd expect it to settle into the 100 dollar range on recovery, at least. If they can maintain enough properties then maybe they do even better. Basically, if they make it through fairly intact, I think it's inevitable that their value goes right on up.

I do not have enough money to make that worthwhile though. Probably the kind of investment where 20 grand nets a nice 40% return, which is a lot less impressive when you're doing that with like 300 bucks.

Edit: Also nobody at all should be taking investment advice from me. Except the monorail thing, I'm right about that.

Edit 2: It dawns on me that if the modern jetset fad is killed off by the pandemic then this might not come to pass. So maybe don't dump thousands into this. Travel isn't as indispensable as oil.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Looking closer, the other major chains all have pretty much the same value loss on the last 52 weeks.

Except Red Lion, which tanked hard earlier

Edit: Geez, Marriott pulled in 21 billion last year, which is between 4 and 5 times as much as the next three competitors combined. So yeah if any one of them is too big to fail it's probably them.

Edit 2: @Hollywood Couturier if Marriott has any properties with monorails I think you'll want to drop a couple hundred thousand on them.

Edit 3: OK HC, Las Vegas Marriott is walking distance to a monorail. Go in.

Last edited:

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
tenor (19).gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Hockey Monkey is so damn fun. I love it

We don't sell goalie equipment in Vegas. So i always order from Simmons. But with the restrictions, Hockey Monkey makes the most sense

I loved my Simmons UL 5's

I remember when I was younger stopping at their shop a few times. I was in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad