Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
WHOA, seriously? You happy about it?

Couldn't be happier. My office has ~1500 people in it when everyone is in and I take the train. I didn't want any part of it.

thats an interesting decision to say the least. Theres a LOT that goes into getting a building back up and ready for full time personnel, so I wouldnt have expected most companies to be back in full force at their HQs until near the end of this year. But to make that call now is intriguing.

Logistics on this scale are certainly not my strongsuit, so I won't comment. It's not the whole company. I think our particular areas have proven to be eminently functional outside of corner cases, which made it easier to decide early. It sounds as if the potential to have to return to this state in the fall anyway was a sizable factor.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So we just going to keep bashing trump or what?

vB9B5.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
thats an interesting decision to say the least. Theres a LOT that goes into getting a building back up and ready for full time personnel, so I wouldnt have expected most companies to be back in full force at their HQs until near the end of this year. But to make that call now is intriguing.

We know enough about how this is gonna work based on past pandemics (hello again, 1918!) that if anyone in your workforce can be remote without much productivity loss, you might as well leave them that way through New Years. Even if that vaccine gets rushed through in September it's going to take a while to get everyone vaccinated.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Couldn't be happier. My office has ~1500 people in it when everyone is in and I take the train. I didn't want any part of it.

Logistics on this scale are certainly not my strongsuit, so I won't comment. It's not the whole company. I think our particular areas have proven to be eminently functional outside of corner cases, which made it easier to decide early.

Gotcha - that makes much more sensee, then. They can move non-essential workers to home offices, opening up the additional space and restrictions that the city is looking to impose once they start opening things up a bit (think basic social distancing guidelines). We had a survey the other day where we had to rate our ability and desire to work from home as well, so I'm expecting my company to announce something similar for some groups in the future as well, just not 'soon'.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We know enough about how this is gonna work based on past pandemics (hello again, 1918!) that if anyone in your workforce can be remote without much productivity loss, you might as well leave them that way through New Years. Even if that vaccine gets rushed through in September it's going to take a while to get everyone vaccinated.

Oh, i know. I'm part of the group that is coming up with the cleaning guidelines and safety protocols we're going to put into place for our building when we do eventually open back up. I don't disagree with the fundamental idea of telling people to work from home - especially those who can and experience 0 productivity loss. It just seems 'early' for an announcement extending through the entire year. I think - and my business is planning on it, as its a huge source of our revenue - that this significantly alters the work from home/telecommute policy for a LOT Of employers moving forward - just a matter of in what capacity.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale - i think it was you a while back who mentioned this, and if not, I apologize. Are you the one who was doing that imperfect produce subscription? If so, what were your thoughts? We apparently have one coming today.

Yes it was. We used Misfits Market. What we ultimately decided was that if you're insistent upon eating organic produce, getting the bigger box would make sense. The smaller box just didn't have enough quantity of most things to be worthwhile for us because I like having leftovers. We also found the week to week variety to be lacking. But the quality of the produce was good and deliveries were on time.

It shipped from Pennsauken via Fed Ex iirc.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Logistics on this scale are certainly not my strongsuit, so I won't comment. It's not the whole company. I think our particular areas have proven to be eminently functional outside of corner cases, which made it easier to decide early. It sounds as if the potential to have to return to this state in the fall anyway was a sizable factor.

Hey, could be better/worse - I got told I'm NEVER going back to the office!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yes it was. We used Misfits Market. What we ultimately decided was that if you're insistent upon eating organic produce, getting the bigger box would make sense. The smaller box just didn't have enough quantity of most things to be worthwhile for us because I like having leftovers. We also found the week to week variety to be lacking. But the quality of the produce was good and deliveries were on time.

It shipped from Pennsauken via Fed Ex iirc.

Gotcha. I think ours is from a different one, but with the same general idea. Wasn't sure how to feel because i thought i remembered there being some serious oddities.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There’s actually some people at my moms work that go in (she works for the government) essentially newer people who have zero clue what they’re doing & people that somehow don’t have internet at home. But that’s still a small pool of people.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Also...has anyone ever had a TV malfunction/explode/catch on fire...or something?

Was watching TV on Friday night when all of a sudden the TV made a snap crackle pop sound and the screen went black and tried to restart. It did once or twice, but then we noticed the smell of burning plastic and all of a sudden white smoke started pouring out the top of it.

I'm gonna assume it's done for, which is a shame...it was only about 4 years old.

LG 49UH6030 : 4K UHD Smart LED TV - 49'' Class (48.5'' Diag) | LG USA

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Also...has anyone ever had a TV malfunction/explode/catch on fire...or something?

Was watching TV on Friday night when all of a sudden the TV made a snap crackle pop sound and the screen went black and tried to restart. It did once or twice, but then we noticed the smell of burning plastic and all of a sudden white smoke started pouring out the top of it.

I'm gonna assume it's done for, which is a shame...it was only about 4 years old.

LG 49UH6030 : 4K UHD Smart LED TV - 49'' Class (48.5'' Diag) | LG USA

I had a Commodore 64 monitor suddenly start smoking and catch fire when I was kid. That's the only time for a tv/monitor for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad