All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XIV: Enjoy Every Sandwich

Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Opiate constipation? I didn't think it could happen to me until after my kidney fun and learned the hard way that even someone with IBS may actually need a laxative when the doctors say so. I was in worse pain from ripping my innards than from the kidney stones for a few days.
Try having your innards rip through to your bladder. Then live with it for 7 years.
giphy.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Everyone loves a good poop joke.
We laughed so hard when that scene happened in Hall Pass!

I'm sure she's thrilled you let everybody on here know
When I posted it, it was to see if anyone else with kidney stones had similar issues.

Funny that right after I posted, she emerged from downstairs saying she birthed a kid.

:D

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
We laughed so hard when that scene happened in Hall Pass!

When I posted it, it was to see if anyone else with kidney stones had similar issues.

Funny that right after I posted, she emerged from downstairs saying she birthed a kid.

:D
Probably put a spring in her step:thumbu:

Reactions: Tripod

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I feel the need to set the records straight. And I’m still on Friday.

@Defect From Reuters

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Sunday there was "a significant amount of evidence" that the coronavirus had emerged from a Chinese laboratory, but did not dispute U.S. intelligence agencies' conclusion that it was not man-made.
Spiegel said Germany's BND spy agency had asked members of the U.S.-led "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance for evidence to support the accusation. None of the alliance's members, the United States, Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, wanted to support Pompeo's claim, it said.

An intelligence report prepared for German Defence Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer concluded that the U.S. accusations were a deliberate attempt to divert public attention away from President Donald Trump's "own failures".

German spy agency doubts U.S. 'China lab' coronavirus accusations: report

I don’t understand why the virus had to be made in the lab to come from it? They had a horrible reputation with safety. Couldn’t his statement simply mean that it came from the lab?

Drug companies spend a shit load on making a lot of drugs that never make it. A drug that kills a virus is pretty new. Their Hep C drug may lead to the importance of antibiotics. That take a lot of failure. If you made drug companies not make a profit then we would not have new drugs.

Their "fake it!" department is busy with other stuff these days. Rewriting WWII end in Europe

Russia was instrumental in beating down the Germans. There is no doubt that if Hitler let Russia be they would have had enough to take all of Europe including the UK. Maybe even more.

I really wanna know who we pissed off for all this shitty weather. Can't we have like 2..3 nice warm days in a row

Watch: H2O: The Molecule That Made Us and be thankful for having plentiful water.

Reactions: Defect

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I've (almost) always worn bauer buckets and love them. Not sure how much you're looking to spend but the 940 is a good midrange helmet.

You'll need to be a little more specific though - cat eye, straight bar?

The one i'm looking at right now is the CCM Pro style from 2017. The price dropped to 569, and i pretty much need a pro style mask.

I'll likely get a cat eye, but an additional straight bar cage in case i ever bring my stuff up north.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The one i'm looking at right now is the CCM Pro style from 2017. The price dropped to 569, and i pretty much need a pro style mask.

I'll likely get a cat eye, but an additional straight bar cage in case i ever bring my stuff up north.

CCMs always used to fit my head weird - or more appropriately, I have a weird head, I don't know. Are you close enough to a decent store where you can actually test them out?

Reactions: Cody Webster

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
CCMs always used to fit my head weird - or more appropriately, I have a weird head, I don't know. Are you close enough to a decent store where you can actually test them out?

The closest place that will sell goalie masks to me is in Anaheim which is about 4 hours away.

Vegas is JUST starting to open up, so i don't think there will be hockey for another 2 to 3 months. So, i can order it and send it back if need be.

Reactions: Starat327

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Drug companies spend a shit load on making a lot of drugs that never make it. A drug that kills a virus is pretty new. Their Hep C drug may lead to the importance of antibiotics. That take a lot of failure. If you made drug companies not make a profit then we would not have new drugs.

Drug companies also play a lot of games.
Basic research is financed by the government, NIH, university funding, etc.

A lot of drug company research is focused on extending patents, not coming up with new drugs.

Which is why we need government involvement, drug companies won't develop vaccines and treatments for potential pandemics because it's too risky. In this case, a drug that was already developed (and thus financed as part of a drug portfolio) is being applied to a new disease, so it's not a case of the company taking on any risk - therefore they shouldn't be allowed to price gouge.

See Gerard Posner, Pharma; Greed, Lies, and the Poisoning of America, Simon & Schuster 2020

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The closest place that will sell goalie masks to me is in Anaheim which is about 4 hours away.

Vegas is JUST starting to open up, so i don't think there will be hockey for another 2 to 3 months. So, i can order it and send it back if need be.

Talking about the hockey monkey warehouse? Place is complete heaven, itd almost be worth the drive (provided you make a weekend out of it, anyway).

Online shopping has spoiled us a bit, but damn if it ain't easy.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad