Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
England's cricket team have basically just came out and said they would be fine being isolated all summer if it would enable them to play cricket again... said they are used to being away for months at a time on tours etc anyway.

Brighton is one of the teams opposed to resuming play in the PL at neutral sites. ****ing Brighton. If ****ing Brighton costs me this coronation, it is Rampage Time times infinity.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
He also deflected 3 years of time he had to fix it to "the previous administration left the shelves bare"

there is also the fact that I believe 3M uses a 5 year expiration date becausecof worries the elastic will have degraded and impact the sealing ability. So even if you want to say Obama failed it is actually in the law for the department of HHS to every year check the viability of the stockpile. That would mean "ideally" taking anything with a 1 year left and sending it somewhere for immediate use while then replenishing with a new batch. So by now Trump's admin should have had 2 or 3 "annual" stockpile checks

If you bought a highrise and the sprinkler system was left broke by the previous owner and extinguishers were expired and THREE years later you still hadn't fixed or replaced it then you are responsible.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

HHS secretary saying the workers infected in the meat processing plants are because they spread it around at "home" and bring it in. Maybe if those plants provided adequate protection and cleaning it would not have spread so significantly.

And yet those companies want to get liability protection from the government

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
there is also the fact that I believe 3M uses a 5 year expiration date becausecof worries the elastic will have degraded and impact the sealing ability. So even if you want to say Obama failed it is actually in the law for the department of HHS to every year check the viability of the stockpile. That would mean "ideally" taking anything with a 1 year left and sending it somewhere for immediate use while then replenishing with a new batch. So by now Trump's admin should have had 2 or 3 "annual" stockpile checks

If you bought a highrise and the sprinkler system was left broke by the previous owner and extinguishers were expired and THREE years later you still hadn't fixed or replaced it then you are responsible.
It's no use.....for anybody that isn't an unthinking automaton we know that the administration just blatantly and pathologically lies and spins reality.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I support all Zevon references.

And I support mustard over ketchup.

The only thing ketchup works with is fries (& home fries) — if there’s some hot sauce mixed in.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If you have lung cancer and catch COVID then develop pneumonia and end up on a vent. You died of COVID. This is how it is being written if you talk with actual doctors. If they got COVID but had an issue that isn't a known condition brought about or exacerbated by COVID the doctor can not write COVID on a death certificate. IT IS ILLEGAL.

If you are going to support a conspiracy that thousands of doctors will willingly go to jail by writing COVID on death certificates of people who had conditions that are not exacerbated or brought on by COVID, all I can say is WOW.

“even if you died of a clear alternative cause, it’s still listed as a Covid death”
All I can say is wow

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

HHS secretary saying the workers infected in the meat processing plants are because they spread it around at "home" and bring it in. Maybe if those plants provided adequate protection and cleaning it would not have spread so significantly.

And yet those companies want to get liability protection from the government

What a joke.

So is sanitizing, all evidence shows the primary mechanism for contagion is airborne virus in enclosed areas.

By not providing masks, better ventilation, more separation between workers, the plants were responsible for the outbreaks.
Azar should spend a couple weeks in a plant without a mask.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

“even if you died of a clear alternative cause, it’s still listed as a Covid death”
All I can say is wow

You're a couple months late to the party, this issue was noted back in March, along with numerous deaths not counted as COVID because there was no test conducted to test for the virus on the deceased.

Try reading the scientists.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

All I can say is wow

From a doctor on the front lines...

---DEATH CERTIFICATES – WOW! All of the media controversy…I read some of the reports on this and how far off they are from how this process works. Let me share how it works in the hospital (as someone who trained in a few states and has seen and done this for over 15 years) – When a patient dies, a pronouncing Doc examines the body and confirms the patient has died with a simple exam and observation. He or she completes a portion of the death certificate and a death note in the chart documenting the patient has dies, date, and time. A second physician (unless the pronouncing Doc is also the attending Doc of record responsible for the patient in the hospital) will complete the certification section of the death certificate which also includes KNOWN or SUSPECTED causes of death and contributing short or long term factor (ie – smoking, renal failure, obesity, diabetes, etc) and manner of death (homicide, suicide, natural, accidental). We do know always know the exact diagnosis and have to list what is suspected. If we suspected COVID based on symptoms and Xrays or CT and were waiting on confirmation, we may list it as COVID. If the patient had a stroke or MI (again from clotting related to COVID) we may list COVID as a secondary cause. In cases of suspicious deaths, we do call the medical examiner and they can review case and decide if they want to do autopsy or not (with COVID, very few autopsies done as most path labs aren’t doing them and MEs are not doing routinely due to infection risk). However, the ME is not changing or in charge of confirming every death. The pronouncing and certifying physician enter their info and sign the death certificate with the explicit understanding that falsification of or misleading information on the death certificate is criminal and can result in severe punishment, fines, loss of license. While we are guided to include COVID as a contributing diagnosis (as we would be with any other infectious disease outbreak, COVID is no different) if it is known or suspected to contribute, it may not be listed as the cause of death. We do not “make up” diagnoses. We put what we know at the time and believe to be true to the best of our knowledge. So, no, if you are hit by a bus and happen to have COVID, we are not listing COVID as cause of death. It would be blunt force trauma due to MVA. Hope this explains the process in the way it actually works rationally.​

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

All I can say is wow

There are certainly financial incentives for listing COVID as the primary cause of hospital admissions & deaths.

People are free to believe that has absolutely no impact on classifications if they wish.

The reality is that regardless of whatever one’s comorbidities are, if they test positive for COVID it’s being counted as the primary cause of admission and/or death.

Then of course you have people who die at home & are getting classified as COVID deaths without even testing to see if they had it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We know from analyses of excess deaths over expected deaths that COVID deaths are probably being UNDERESTIMATED.

Update April 21st: today’s data release refers to the week ending the 10th April (week 14)
  • Total deaths all ages in week fifteen, 18,516.
  • Week 15 deaths are increased by approximately 75% more than expected at this time of year, RR 1.75 (95% CI 1.71 to 1.80; p<0.0001) compared with the average of the 5 previous years (10,520 deaths occurred in week 14 over the last 5 yrs).
  • Respiratory deaths 1,810 in week 15: a decrease of 298 (14%) compared with the previous week.
  • 6,213 deaths in week 13 had COVID-19 mentioned on the death certificate.
  • 70% of all the deaths occurred in over 75-year-olds (13,075 of 18,615)
  • In the previous peak of deaths in week 2 (10th Jan) 14,058 deaths occurred with 2,477 respiratory deaths.
So excess deaths = 7,994
Reported COVID deaths 6,213

England and Wales mortality during the COVID-19 outbreak - Update 21st April - CEBM

Weekly counts of deaths from all causes were examined, including deaths due to COVID-19. As many deaths due to COVID-19 may be assigned to other causes of deaths (for example, if COVID-19 was not mentioned on the death certificate as a suspected cause of death), tracking all-cause mortality can provide information about whether an excess number of deaths is observed, even when COVID-19 mortality may be undercounted. These estimates can also provide information about deaths that may be indirectly related to COVID-19. For example, if deaths due to other causes may increase as a result of health care shortages due to COVID-19. Additionally, deaths from all causes excluding COVID-19 were also estimated. These counts excluded deaths with an underlying cause of U07.1. Deaths with a multiple or contributing cause of U07.1 were included; therefore counts may not match counts of COVID-19 deaths reported elsewhere that include deaths with a multiple cause of death code of U07.1. Only about 5% of death records where U07.1 is present do not include it as the underlying cause of death.

Comparing these two sets of estimates—excess deaths with and without COVID-19—can provide insight about how many excess deaths are identified as due to COVID-19, and how many excess deaths are due to other causes of death. These deaths could represent misclassified COVID-19 deaths, or potentially could be indirectly related to COVID-19. Additionally, death certificates are often initially submitted without a cause of death, and then updated when cause of death information becomes available. It may be the case that some excess deaths that are not attributed directly to COVID-19 will be updated in coming weeks with cause-of-death information that includes COVID-19. These analyses will be updated periodically, and the numbers presented will change as more data are received.

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19

What Is the Real Coronavirus Toll in Each State?

So stop with today's conspiracy theory.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just go with the gut, especially after eating two Big Macs.

Trump administration rejects CDC guidance on reopening US amid coronavirus - CNNPolitics

"I see the new normal being what it was three months ago. I think we want to go back to where it was," Trump said at a meeting with representatives from the restaurant and hospitality industries.
"I want to go back to where it was, that's where we're going to be," Trump said.

Has anyone checked his mental state lately, that sounds like someone who is totally delusional, or the Mayor of Amity Island.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Just go with the gut, especially after eating two Big Macs.

Trump administration rejects CDC guidance on reopening US amid coronavirus - CNNPolitics

"I see the new normal being what it was three months ago. I think we want to go back to where it was," Trump said at a meeting with representatives from the restaurant and hospitality industries.
"I want to go back to where it was, that's where we're going to be," Trump said.

Has anyone checked his mental state lately, that sounds like someone who is totally delusional, or the Mayor of Amity Island.

Science is the devil. Mama says so

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
horse radish and mustard go great on sweet potato fries.

equal parts creamy horse radish sauce, and your choice of mustard - but NO Honey Mustard - tbls chopped sweet pickles (jergens), tbls DILL pickle juice, tbls chopped egg, tsp paprika, tsp white pepper.

It's the ultimate condiment

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
You're a couple months late to the party, this issue was noted back in March, along with numerous deaths not counted as COVID because there was no test conducted to test for the virus on the deceased.

Try reading the scientists.
What does the date of the publication have to do with anything? She is admitting that people are being counted as dying from Covid 19 that are not dying FROM it. That’s inflating the numbers and fraud. On top of that a positive test result isn’t even needed for a diagnosis to be confirmed, just a doctor writing off on it.
Deaths have occurred with people who probably had it and it’s gone unrecorded, yes, but there is rampant fraud occurring by medical professionals to pad the stats. That is undeniable.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
horse radish and mustard go great on sweet potato fries.

equal parts creamy horse radish sauce, and your choice of mustard - but NO Honey Mustard - tbls chopped sweet pickles (jergens), tbls DILL pickle juice, tbls chopped egg, tsp paprika, tsp white pepper.

It's the ultimate condiment
if the creamy horseradish is a mayo derivative... That's a no for me dawg.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
What does the date of the publication have to do with anything? She is admitting that people are being counted as dying from Covid 19 that are not dying FROM it. That’s inflating the numbers and fraud. On top of that a positive test result isn’t even needed for a diagnosis to be confirmed, just a doctor writing off on it.
Deaths have occurred with people who probably had it and it’s gone unrecorded, yes, but there is rampant fraud occurring by medical professionals to pad the stats. That is undeniable.
So medical professionals will put their license that allows them to make money for their family to survive on at risk over the directive given by a talking head of a state department of health. Gotcha….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad