Would you rather...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I cooked up Wahlburgers blend for the first time and they turned out excellent.

Grilled them lid up 2-3 minutes per side on a hotter part of the grill to get some char and grill marks. Then closed lid and cooked for 6 minutes on a cooler part of the grill, flipped and cooked another 6 minutes lid closed. Added cheese and cooked an additional minute lid closed.

Turned out perfect. I like my burgers somewhere between medium-well and well. In other words cooked through but not dried out. Not easy to achieve lol. I order my steaks medium but I dont trust burger meat from grocery stores as much.

Reactions: Tripod and Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Damn shame. Rest in Power to her. You have my sincerest condolences.

Ive got no problem with the statue itself.
I grew up in the Italian Market so I understand where the sentiment comes from.
But in relation to the context of my original point
I just think its...interesting I guess that a movie prop is immediately picked up by the city and assigned this unearned symbolism while it took over 30 years longer for an actual Philly legend and one of the greatest athletes of all time in Frazier to get the same.
Seems goofy to me.

Frazier's life is a better, and more visceral, encapsulation of the Philadelphia mindset than a 2 hr Stallone fan fic could ever be.
But maybe thats just me.
Then you look back at context that surrounded the statue's early days (mid 80's, Rizzo as mayor) and the puzzle pieces start to fall into place.

In the context of Joe Frazier, yeah he most definitely deserved a statue decades ago.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I cooked up Wahlburgers blend for the first time and they turned out excellent.

Grilled them lid up 2-3 minutes per side on a hotter part of the grill to get some char and grill marks. Then closed lid and cooked for 6 minutes on a cooler part of the grill, flipped and cooked another 6 minutes lid closed. Added cheese and cooked an additional minute lid closed.

Turned out perfect. I like my burgers somewhere between medium-well and well. In other words cooked through but not dried out. Not easy to achieve lol. I order my steaks medium but I dont trust burger meat from grocery stores as much.
That's why I always make smashburger-style burgers... I don't want anything close to pink in the middle but I also don't want it dried out.

I get them as thin as possible (like it's about to fall apart) and super wide because I know they'll shrink and slightly thicken in the pan, sear quickly so they have a bit of a crust and it's more than halfway cooked through, flip it over just until the other side is done, then toss a slice of cheese in between the patties as I put it on the toasted bun. It ends up being the thickness of one properly cooked burger, with some cheese in the middle and without the difficulty.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I said place! Place it on Lucky Dan! That horse is gonna run SECOND!
200 (1).gif

Reactions: DancingPanther

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
New record apparently.

1104 pound deadlift. Jesus.

Edit: someone beat me to it f***

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That's why I always make smashburger-style burgers... I don't want anything close to pink in the middle but I also don't want it dried out.

I get them as thin as possible (like it's about to fall apart) and super wide because I know they'll shrink and slightly thicken in the pan, sear quickly so they have a bit of a crust and it's more than halfway cooked through, flip it over just until the other side is done, then toss a slice of cheese in between the patties as I put it on the toasted bun. It ends up being the thickness of one properly cooked burger, with some cheese in the middle and without the difficulty.

Ive been wanting to cook some smash burgers. Im gonna try soon.

Reactions: Striiker

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Lol those screams into nothingness at the end. That’s someone that would shoot you in your sleep and say it was a suicide.

I’ve learned a lot spamming forensic files on Netflix lately.
She reminds me of an old Benny Hill clip where he's sitting at a table and this old battlaxe is just giving It to him.

In classic Benny Hill "I almost killed her once and you know what gets me right here" pointing to his heart "I'd be getting out today":DD

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Red in the middle, and bleeding is preferable.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is nothing dumber than spending real money for a quality piece of meat, then overcooking it until it's shoe leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad